Link.

:disgusted:

Game On,
fbmf
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Re: The Replacement Sage

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

Make sure you go to a session with him at GenCon and ask about confusing rules so he can be an arrogant, yet surprisingly ignorant, cock to you. It's worth the price of admission.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

So the man who decided to "fix" Shades by allowing it to duplicate Trap the Soul, and felt that Shapechange was badly in need of a powerup, and most hillarious of all "fixed" Alter Self so that noone even knows what it does any more is going to answer rules questions?

That's great. Or terrible. I get the two mixed up some times.

-Username17
Tae_Kwon_Dan
Journeyman

Post by Tae_Kwon_Dan »

Some of my other favorite hits:

Death Gate is just an overpriced death effect. You know except for not having the Death Effect descriptor, allowing a saving throw, or being stoppable in anyway.

Half-Orcs suck, because people needed an easy PC race.

Barghest Shapechange doesn't work, because despite designing rules I have no clue how Instantaneous effects work.

The list goes on.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

Looks like we are going to get more stupid rulings, probably worse than the last.

And my policy toward the sage still stands: "The Sage is always right, as long as I agree with him."
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Make sure you go to a session with him at GenCon and ask about confusing rules so he can be an arrogant, yet surprisingly ignorant, cock to you. It's worth the price of admission.

I bet I can make his head explode, Blade style.

'So... explain to me how polymorph works...'
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

I never thought it would be possible to miss Skip.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I'm looking forward to online Sage Advice chats myself.

I'll ask softball questions like "If a fighter has a +3 BAB, Weapon Focus, and a Masterwork Sword and rolls a 10 on the die, does he hit AC 15 or not?" until I get a few to gloat over.

Oh well, at least it wasn't Jordan K. Johnson.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

That's just mean. I want you to ask him sillier questions:

Q: If you cast Alter Self into a Xill, how many attacks do you get?

Q2: If you Alter Self into a Xill and carry four daggers, how many attacks do you get?

Q3: If you Alter Self into a Xill, carry two daggers, and have proficiency with the Boot Blade, and have two of them and breast plate with armor spikes, how many attacks do you get?

And finally, Q4: Why?

That would be a good judge of his worth as a person, methinks.

-Username17
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Is that a trick question witht he point being that you can't alter self into a Xill?
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Josh_Kablack at [unixtime wrote:1092015492[/unixtime]]I'm looking forward to online Sage Advice chats myself.

I'll ask softball questions like "If a fighter has a +3 BAB, Weapon Focus, and a Masterwork Sword and rolls a 10 on the die, does he hit AC 15 or not?" until I get a few to gloat over.

Oh well, at least it wasn't Jordan K. Johnson.

Are you suggesting he can't add or am I missing something?