Super Ganking Game

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp
Knight

Super Ganking Game

Post by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp »

Here's an interesting game. Once you play it a little bit, you find out that the strategies of this game are exactly that of D&D: Kill your enemies in one turn by having them be ganged up by your team.

http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/bob

It's kinda funny, the ultimate strategy involves staying back until you can massacre your opponent in one turn, hardly courageous :)
Black Marches
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

But smart, which trumps courage every time.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Nobody was online when I tried to play.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, I only got a three games in. A gold Rush that I was told over and over how good I am (yes I won) and that I'd make a great warrior? Whatever that means.

A assault that I lost because I played for broke under the false assumption that a Rogue could use his Assassinate special on the orb. So I lost.

And then a 4 player one where two dropped out, and I beat this guy who told me I was really lucky. I'm not sure if going first was what allowed me to get the gold mine and fence him in, but I think it was superior concentration of forces more that did it for me.
Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp
Knight

Post by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp »

Kaelik wrote:Yeah, I only got a three games in. A gold Rush that I was told over and over how good I am (yes I won) and that I'd make a great warrior? Whatever that means.

A assault that I lost because I played for broke under the false assumption that a Rogue could use his Assassinate special on the orb. So I lost.

And then a 4 player one where two dropped out, and I beat this guy who told me I was really lucky. I'm not sure if going first was what allowed me to get the gold mine and fence him in, but I think it was superior concentration of forces more that did it for me.
Gold rush games aren't balanced. 2000 Gold while starting at 500 is easy to get. And yes, going first makes a big difference in this game. This game is an interesting case study of things to avoid in a game.
Black Marches
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"