Is Shadowrun the most playable game ever ?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

silva wrote:
Korwin wrote:
silva wrote:
Makes total sense for me. Any autonomous professional consider his living standards when composing his charging fee. Even I, Silva, not an autonomous, only accept jobs in real life that allow me to support my chosen lifestyle.
Just because I'm curious, why not accepting Jobs who account for luxury lifestyle regardless of what the real livestyle is?

Or is there an mandatory lifestyle upgrade when the Runners get more competent?
Sorry, I think I didnt get your question. Perhaps due to language barrier. Could you re-phrase this ?
You said, you where only taking jobs, if they where suficient to keep your lifestyle up.
And magically there would be such jobs.

No connection between abilities of the runners and payment.

My two questions where:
1. Why not claim an higher Lifestyle than you are paying for more Money?
2. And if thats not possible, is there an enforced (by the group or the GM) connection of the abilities of the runners and their Lifestyle?

And a new one:
3. So ist not posible to save up money by lowering your Lifestyle?
Last edited by Korwin on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Korwin wrote:My two questions were:
1. Why not claim an higher Lifestyle than you are paying for more Money?
2. And if thats not possible, is there an enforced (by the group or the GM) connection of the abilities of the runners and their Lifestyle?

And a new one:
3. So ist not posible to save up money by lowering your Lifestyle?
1. Nothing prevent you from doing this. Though if the group wants to start with everyone in High lifestyle, they should talk about limiting the level of play to Professional or Prime, as Street level would sound implausible/incoherent with that.

2. No, we never talked about this. But looks an interesting idea.

3. Never thought about this. If you want to get more money, you do some gigs/side-jobs (but running the risk of complications).
Last edited by silva on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.