Apocalypse World: Second Edition [Lord Mistborn is welcome!]

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

silva
Duke

Apocalypse World: Second Edition [Lord Mistborn is welcome!]

Post by silva »

According to the following TheEscapist article, second edition is on the way and the ETA is october: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... guey-Baker

Lord Mistborn, what do you think of these news ? :mrgreen:
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

I can bearly contain my excitement.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Oh no, more quantum bears.
Covent
Master

Post by Covent »

This time Quantum Bears attacking from N + 1 HyperCubes!
Maxus wrote:Being wrong is something that rightly should be celebrated, because now you have a chance to correct and then you'll be better than you were five minutes ago. Perfection is a hollow shell, but perfectibility is something that is to be treasured.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

Whenever you attempt an action or change to the game, describe it, then roll any number of dice. If the GM thinks you rolled too many, the extra dice are subtracted from your total instead of added to it. (Hard Choices!) Then the GM decides if the resulting number is Big, Kinda Big, or Small and assigns results appropriately.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

Additionally, on every roll you kill an innocent child. If there are no children around, one materializes before you and is killed by your actions.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

I don't what you're expecting silva, I've already laid bear my feelings on this subject and they haven't really changed. To be honest I can bearly give a damn at this point.

Like it bears repeating that this game is shit and everyone involved is a complete smarmgargler. However the unberable levels of pretentiousness and dunning-kruger inherent in *world has not changed since we last had to bear witness to your bullshit on this subject. Seriously the shallowness of the mechanics goes beyond just being a bear bones RPG lite, it doesn't even meet the bear minimum to qualify as an RPG.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

How many bear buns is this now? I've completely lost count. Have we exceeded the number of food puns that Toriyama Akira has made?
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

No "claws" for alarm, here folks. silva laid a "honey trap" for Mistborn with the thread title. It was no "Boo-boo" that he came in here and began making puns - it was exactly what silva was "bearing" in mind when he wrote the title! Do not feed the trolls? Try "do not feed the bears!" You can bet he envisioned this response as much as you can bet on the "Cubs" losing. Business as usual in the "Den".
silva
Duke

Post by silva »

Sakuya Izayoi wrote:No "claws" for alarm, here folks. silva laid a "honey trap" for Mistborn with the thread title. It was no "Boo-boo" that he came in here and began making puns - it was exactly what silva was "bearing" in mind when he wrote the title! Do not feed the trolls? Try "do not feed the bears!" You can bet he envisioned this response as much as you can bet on the "Cubs" losing. Business as usual in the "Den".
The traditional playstyle is, above all else, the style of playing all games the same way, supported by the ambiguity and lack of procedure in the traditional game text. - Eero Tuovinen
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

You're 9 posts late.
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.