Moments when a piece of entertainment completely rocked you.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

I have acquired the first season of Code Geass, but have yet to sit down and watch it. Maybe once I finish this semester.

EDIT: Oh fuck why did I wait so long to watch this show?
Last edited by TOZ on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I've been pretty happy with The Abominable Charles Christopher.

-Username17
Zeir
NPC

Post by Zeir »

Seriously, Frank, that almost made me cry several times. I also now hate fur trappers.

I liked it.
Last edited by Zeir on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

The first scene of Top Girls is the most delightfully horrid thing I've ever seen in a theatre. Read it if you must, but it's really something that needs to be seen to be believed.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The Abyss-Bound Soul feat in FC1 gives you a benefit based on your patron demon. Graz'zt, the demon of lust, gives immunity to fear.

...You're too sexy for your fear, too sexy for your fear, the dragon's coming and you're still drinking your beer.

(alternatively, your demon patron has done things to you so scary that nothing else compares.)
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

Borscht is delicious. I don't know where all of the jokes that it's nasty comes from.

Of course, I also seem to be the only person on this board that likes string beans as well (it's my favorite canned vegetable) so maybe my sense of taste is awful.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

String beans are good, just not canned.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:Borscht is delicious. I don't know where all of the jokes that it's nasty comes from.
That depends on the establishment. If they add lots of vinegar to mask the slightly rotten smell of another ingredient, it's not delicious at all.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Hell, I *prefer* stringed beans from the can. Canned corn and canned string beans, FTW.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

I like String Beans; there's nary a vegetable that I haven't either liked from the first or forced myself to acquire a taste for(tomatoes).
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, the strange thing is how little like a real tomato the things we have in stores and call 'tomatoes' now a days are.

Many vegetables are like that.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm replaying FF4 DS recently.

I gotta say, that is a really good remake. All the characters are rebalanced and with new abilities in many cases. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the game.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm replaying FF4 DS recently.

I gotta say, that is a really good remake. All the characters are rebalanced and with new abilities in many cases. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the game.
Hmm. Are you sure that they are just the wide array of abilities they removed from the US release because they thought Americans are idiots?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

The abilities they removed from the SNES version are back in name only, they usually do something completely different. Many characters have completely new abilities as well. Furthermore, you can get even more abilities through augments.

Also, all of the characters have been rebalanced slightly.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

The random drops in that game bored me to tears.

However, the difficulty level kept me playing. It would be possible to out-level or out-gear the opposition, but the end stuff is just hard. I'm beating one combat in the final dungeon, then running back out to save...

-Crissa
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Cheezburger Network has "borrowed" Jessica Hagy's idea and is producing win on a regular basis. I know, shocking. Also, there's a typo in consequences, but still, nice picture:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

This is a kind of old, but the moment in Goblins where:
Minmax threw Dellyn through the window
counts as a crowning moment of awesome.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Agreed, Count. I loved the buildup on it.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Crissa wrote:The random drops in that game bored me to tears.
After getting 2 I used an action replay to cheat and get the rare equipment. However, I can't find a cheat that lets me get the rare drop summons that works, everything I've tried either locks up the game, tells me I can't load the save file, or causes battles to not register that I've won.

I've cheakced the forums, but the forums are not very forgiving of people that aren't familiar with the device, and I really don't know what I'm doing. (I have never used hexadecimal before and I tend to be clumsy with it at best.)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Most of Iron Man 2... ROCKED.

And I loved the last part! SQUEE!
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I rather like where they went with Stargate Universe. They have a really great guy playing Zakharov, and while a White American dude wouldn't have been my first pick for Yang, he's pretty convincing as well. Replacing Pravin Lal with a Vietnamese Lesbian was basically a good choice.

Really looking forward to when they do the big reveal of whether the botanist who was exposed to the psychic database machine ends up being Skye or Dawn. I'm happy either way.

-Username17
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

FrankTrollman wrote:I rather like where they went with Stargate Universe. They have a really great guy playing Zakharov, and while a White American dude wouldn't have been my first pick for Yang, he's pretty convincing as well. Replacing Pravin Lal with a Vietnamese Lesbian was basically a good choice.

Really looking forward to when they do the big reveal of whether the botanist who was exposed to the psychic database machine ends up being Skye or Dawn. I'm happy either way.

-Username17
Alpha Centauri was sweet game, Frank. A shame I can't get it to run at all on XP.

Fuck you, Yang and Sister Miriam. Stop attacking me and I'll leave you alone! :/
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I think this is technically against the rules (being a link to a thread), but it's fucking hilarious:
The carrying capacity of the elven ass

edit: obviously NSFW
Last edited by Prak on Tue May 04, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Meikle641 wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote:
Alpha Centauri was sweet game, Frank. A shame I can't get it to run at all on XP.

Fuck you, Yang and Sister Miriam. Stop attacking me and I'll leave you alone! :/
Just kick Yang's ass early, and you should be fine. Miriam is easy to nail later.

The pro-planet chick was the only one I ever felt good playing as. The rest required acting like an total asshole.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Prak_Anima wrote:I think this is technically against the rules (being a link to a thread), but it's fucking hilarious:
The carrying capacity of the elven ass

edit: obviously NSFW
You made me cry, Prak... Thank you.

:maj: