Stay Classy Paizo.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Malak, that's a strange argument. It goes very far to not actually face the argument at hand, and then it insults the maths vs 'those who play the game more'.

-Crissa
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Ditto, Count. You still sometimes say things that make me O.O, but on the whole I feel good about hanging with you these days.

(Just, maybe a little less murder for the bourgeois fat cats? I'm rather attached to my head...)
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Orion wrote:Ditto, Count. You still sometimes say things that make me O.O, but on the whole I feel good about hanging with you these days.

(Just, maybe a little less murder for the bourgeois fat cats? I'm rather attached to my head...)
Sorry about that, was upset with some personal drama when I said that. I know that's not a proper excuse, but I tend to be more irritable when I'm dealing with other stuff.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
malak
Master

Post by malak »

Crissa wrote:Malak, that's a strange argument. It goes very far to not actually face the argument at hand, and then it insults the maths vs 'those who play the game more'.
Yeah, he is an idiot.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

TOZ wrote:
malak wrote:Meanwhile in Paizoland:
Quick note, we've made it a rule not to link to threads on other forums. Copypasta posts is a grey area.
No, the rule is 'no linking to fail threads to mock other people'. And while it is a fail thread, and we are certainly mocking them it wasn't posted like 'Hey, laugh at the idiots.' It was posted as 'Hey, back on topic, this is what's happening.'

And what's happening is anti intellectual bullshit. I'd say by the end of the month they'll be saying prayers to Jehovah... I mean, James Jacobs.

I mean really. If you're a stupid person that isn't mathematically inclined that's one thing. If you extol that as a virtue that is quite another. And of you encourage others around you to devolve with you you are a blight to humanity. The Paizils are the third sort.

And in other news they've also apparently forgotten how to cast Divine Power, and that BAB higher than 3/4th means fuck all anyways.

Now if that post is someone realizing that even a Cleric who totally gimped themselves for no reason at all is still infinitely superior to a Fighter, then they've actually learned something, and as such will soon be ostracized from the Paizils and pop up here. Somehow though I don't think that's what he's getting at.
Last edited by Roy on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
DMReckless
Journeyman

Post by DMReckless »

I think it's funny that the priveleged male agenda arguments should come up in a thread about a game publisher whose CEO is a woman.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

So I was just told that depending on how the dice gods like you the probability of rolling a twenty on the die could be as high as 5 in 20. I chose not to press the point as I was sure it was a joke.
DMReckless
Journeyman

Post by DMReckless »

Hilarious, TOZ
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

TOZ wrote:So I was just told that depending on how the dice gods like you the probability of rolling a twenty on the die could be as high as 5 in 20. I chose not to press the point as I was sure it was a joke.
A lot of people either just plain don't understand probability, or at least think that because it's not always accurate or predictable, that it's useless. I have a cousin who thinks it's useless because it isn't always accurate.

Funny. He's never taken me up on the offer to play a gambling game where he rolls d6 and I roll d10 and the person who rolls lower pays the other guy a buck.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

DMReckless wrote:I think it's funny that the priveleged male agenda arguments should come up in a thread about a game publisher whose CEO is a woman.
Privilege exists either way. One CEO does not abate it. Fifty CEOs wouldn't. Nor a majority of CEOs. But it would be a step in the right direction. If it were possible, even normal, for the majority to shift between genders, then perhaps society would stop pigeonholing the sexes.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

It would require a complete and total change of hour our brains work. When humans can know more than 150 or so people, we'll stop pigeonholing people outside our monkeysphere.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:It would require a complete and total change of hour our brains work. When humans can know more than 150 or so people, we'll stop pigeonholing people outside our monkeysphere.
No.

That refers to stereotyping, not the base expectations attached to gender. Currently, the same behavior - same words, expressions, stance - given to a male actor will be viewed positively and negatively if given to a female actor. That's the bigger issue at hand with regards to privilege. If managerial actions are seen as positive with a man and negative with a woman, the man is going to be promoted and the woman is not - even though their behavior is identical.

A issue that has been dealt with repeatedly, and didn't affect my generation until this last decade was stereotyping: That a male person needed, should earn more because they are male; and a female didn't need to earn more because they should spend time outside of work. Of course, this is coming back... see class action against Walmart.

-Crissa
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

Please stop with the non-game-related bullshitting in IMHO, Crissa. Non-game bullshitting has its own forum.

In the most non-judgmental way possible and without maligning you as a person, please shut the fuck up.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

TOZ wrote:So I was just told that depending on how the dice gods like you the probability of rolling a twenty on the die could be as high as 5 in 20. I chose not to press the point as I was sure it was a joke.
That's nothing. Once on The Gaming Den message boards, I saw some wag refer to "sucking a barrel of cocks". The thought of a barrel full of cocks is humourous enough, but the idea of sucking said barrel was the icing on the comedic cake! I chose not to press the point, as I was sure it was a joke, however.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

mean_liar wrote:Please stop with the non-game-related bullshitting in IMHO, Crissa. Non-game bullshitting has its own forum.

In the most non-judgmental way possible and without maligning you as a person, please shut the fuck up.
Fuck off. If someone asks a question, I will answer it.

-Crissa
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

Then by all means, carry on. Godspeed!

There are very few people for whom, "stupid bitch," is a commonly-ascribed insult. On this board, it seems you are one of them. Rude and mean though it is, it's frequency should probably cause at least some minor self-reflection. Such consideration might even be helpful or even transformative.

Alternatively, everyone's varying degrees of annoyance with you arises naturally from their own deficiency. That's also a possibility. It is also remote.
DMReckless
Journeyman

Post by DMReckless »

Crissa wrote:
DMReckless wrote:I think it's funny that the priveleged male agenda arguments should come up in a thread about a game publisher whose CEO is a woman.
Privilege exists either way. One CEO does not abate it. Fifty CEOs wouldn't. Nor a majority of CEOs. But it would be a step in the right direction. If it were possible, even normal, for the majority to shift between genders, then perhaps society would stop pigeonholing the sexes.

-Crissa
Of course it exists. Privilege will always exist as part of the human sociatal existence. So deal with it already and stop pouting on every damn thread on the Den with this crap.

I merely found it funny that you dragged this crappy "privileged" baggage you carry around your neck into yet another thread that has absolutely nothing, zero, zip, nada to do with it. It's like, "Oh, look, here's Crissa. I wonder how long before she decides to whip it out.":

I mean, I don't know you. But even with my limitted exposure to your posts, I know this about you. What does that even say? Nothing, of course, because I'm a priveleged white male who can't possibly understand. So it goes for every privileged white male who disagrees with you, because you can read the auras of our pixels and instantly understand our level of privilege. It must be nice to be so magical. Maybe Joss Whedon will make a TV show you can star in. I hear he does wonders with magical girls.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:Fuck off. If someone asks a question, I will answer it.

-Crissa
No one asked a question. So maybe you should change your statement to: "If someone says something even tangentially related to a subject that I care about, even if it results in a thread derail, I will shit all over their cheerios."

Well, except that that would be copying me of course.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, I wonder what happened in Crissa's life that causes her to bring it up nonstop?
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

For not wanting Crissa to keep arguing about sexism in this thread, you guy just seem to love feeding her ammunition.
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

DMReckless wrote:Of course it exists. Privilege will always exist as part of the human sociatal existence. So deal with it already and stop pouting on every damn thread on the Den with this crap.
Perhaps you should go off an fellate that the Oberoni fallacy will always make each and every game the best, and therefore it's pointless to try to make better games.

It's not hilarious, it's because you're an idiot. Which is, I know, inherently funny. Which explains the prevalence of recreational substances which reduce people's IQ temporarily and sometimes permanently, I know, whatever.

-Crissa
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

K wrote:
Koumei wrote:As a result, sure, if anyone comes here and thinks it's good, we should do our best to convince them otherwise. Other places, too. But going there? They're going to view it as deliberate trolling, or an invasion by the Den, called up by the masterminds Frank & K (who obviously are in command and want this war to happen).
I like talking about DnD, and I am willing to put up with a fair amount of crap to do so. That's my "master plan", so if that threatens them I am at a loss.

Frank thinks I am a masochist for going to Paizo forums. And because I play FFXI. It's hard to argue.

I guess I should just expect gaming forums to suck, like the time we won, lost, and also got an honorable mention for the Wish and the Word in an Optimization Contest on the WotC board. The assumption that people can be consistent or reasonable is heart-breakingly false.
I remember seeing a thread in Paizo specifically complaining about threads that have the audacity to question the rules, and it's not a small thread. My Paizo group is similar to this, in that they hate seeing their precious rules called to question...unless it's a nerf. "I will seriously consider any change that reduces the power of spellcasters" is a standby for one of them.

So long as you don't focus too much on your disagreements, you avoid the more lengthy derailings (both IRL and online) and can still get some value out of it.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

CRISSA SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT FEMINISM

Go ahead and tell me that I'm a privileged white male who is trying to silence the female minority.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Stop posting idiotically comical posts about it. It's that simple.

-Crissa
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Both of you shut the hell up about it, k?