Speaking of "buy my book" ... Here is a NaNo Novel

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Speaking of "buy my book" ... Here is a NaNo Novel

Post by tzor »

The "buy my book" thread got me thinking about my own pathetic attempts at writing, with the National Novel Writing Month. While this novel does not have (as alleged) lesbian vampires engaged in threesomes, there are vampires and werewolves and a few other things as well. And a number of dares were incorporated into the novel as well, including a running joke on a no water urinal (the general folly of environmentalists) and guest appearances by the staff of the Office of Letters and Light.

I had to throw out a quick hand wave on the vampire and an even faster hand wave on the werewolf. The result for the vampire is an interesting variation on the classic monster that might be able to be designed into a system. (Note also that a lot of the minor details not directly related to the plot were not completely worked out at the time of the writing of the novel. Even the appendix does not work out all the ramifications of the "lesser" vampires mentioned in the novel.)

There is politics, but it is rather thin; merely a plot device to get the novel working. Nor am I implying (as the TEA Party spokesman who happens to be a werewolf) that most of the Democrats in the California State Legislature are blood (vampiric essence actually) suckers. Nor am I implying that the TEA Party movement is dominated by werewolves.