Cliques

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

1. Be decisive
2. Be loud
3. Do not tolerate challenges to your authority.

That's the basic recipe for being an alpha male primate. Pull it off without running afoul of existing human social structures and you'll have your own clique in no time.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

RobbyPants wrote:It might be tough now that you're already a semester in, but one option is to simply find people before they fine a clique too. That's basically how I hooked up with my girlfriend freshman year. We started hanging out with each other before we hung out with other people.
Ooh... I got into that accidentally my first year of college because I had an exchange student for a roommate. Apparently, in the Bible Belt, it's hard to find people who will tolerate a heathen Hindu, so when I checked the little box on the form that said I didn't mind sharing a room with a foreigner, they not only took me up on it, but assigned me to a super awesome room on the first floor (freshmen never got those) with a grad student from India. Talk about awesome!! I got help on my homework par excellence, listened to faboo music, and got to eat food way better than the cafeteria's. I even got a new wardrobe out of the deal.

So the whole get a clique that isn't a clique yet is viable from multiple perspectives.

For the record, we're still really great friends, so along with all the other perks, I also got a "sister," too.

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's really awesome, Maj.

My family has often hosted exchange students from Japan, and generally stayed in contact afterwards.

"I know, we'll miss you too, but still, it'll be good to see your family again, right?"
"No!"
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
TavishArtair
Knight-Baron

Post by TavishArtair »

What everyone else said is pretty much true. Find a reason to be with people rather than just... coasting.

A note on "pickup/game theory" though which was pointed out elsewhere in this thread. If you want a girlfriend (or boyfriend!) and not a one night stand, don't use it. It is exactly what it bills itself as... a technique for getting in bed with someone. It will not sustain a relationship beyond one in the bedroom... and if you want someone who will go to bed with you more than once, it probably won't even do that. Simply put, "they say it's better the second time. They say you get to do the weird stuff." Or at least that's my opinion. And if you're feeling lonely, well... one night stands tend to make you feel more lonely, rather than cure that.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I could probably pick up and sex any of the random women I sexed back when I was using the "game" method.

That doesn't mean I WILL sex them again, or that I would even want to (because let's face it, all of them proved themselves to be fairly shitty people in general), but I could.

YMMV, of course, but I found the type of women that fell for that crap tended to be women that I wouldn't want to stay with. I have not played any dumb games with the current romantic interest because she's worth more.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.