Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Please don't go AI. Finding a sub may take a little longer, but players going AI screw up the game like nothing else, DON'T DO IT.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

cthulhu getting Agartha wouldn't be fair at all for Man :p.

Edit: And having said that, giving Korwin Agartha could be unfair to Gath.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Why? I'm not frank, I don't carry grudges between games. Sometimes you have to set people on fire, sometimes it's great to be chummy.

I'm in a game with Korwin where he is playing his third team in the game, and during that time he's gone from 'I don't even care where he is on the map' to 'Ally' to 'Sworn Bad Dude'

I am totally okay with that.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Oh, I know you're not Frank. The problem isn't grudges actually.

The problem is that you're now quite familiar with the Chelmian military machine (or at least you should be). Unlike most other players, you're aware of the units I use, the spells my armies have, and the formations we deploy in. In fact, you're probably the only player who has actually seen a Chelmian army in action.

Such information would be pretty useful should Agartha and Chelms ever go to war - always a possibility with two neighbors with long borders.

By contrast, if Korwin took over Agartha he's not carrying a lot of "free information" with him. His current war is against Agartha - so he would already know how Agartha fights anyway. The one who loses out here is Gath - since Gath has fought against R'yleh and now Korwin carries with him info on how the Gath army works.

In short, it's nothing personal. It's all about operational security :p.

Edit: Also, we really hope that whoever takes over Agartha will honor their current treaties :p.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Zinegata wrote: The problem is that you're now quite familiar with the Chelmian military machine (or at least you should be). Unlike most other players, you're aware of the units I use, the spells my armies have, and the formations we deploy in. In fact, you're probably the only player who has actually seen a Chelmian army in action.
Good-friend Patala of the Apefolk, send me a secret messenger to my capital to explain to me the layout of the strategic formations of the greasy cities of Man. BAM!

As for Kowin, I already know more about Gath's military than Rl'yeh probably does at this point thanks to my scout witnessing the Battle of Gath where he routed Ulm. Granted, I also wouldn't blame him for continuing on with his current nation, the rumors of Rl'yeh's death have been greatly exaggerated.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Actually, we've sort of made sure that the Patalans never got to see a lot of Man. Just a castle and provinces that used to be Patalan :p.

We take security and intelligence-gathering pretty seriously in the land of Towers and Arthurian Knights. Hence all the dead scouts at our borders >_>.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

If anyone wants it, I will send you my saved games with battle reports that you can watch yourself, and a complete map of my scouts reports of Man's dominions no problems.

If you want it, PM me an email address.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Now that's just spite man :p.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Next turn in.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Turn In. Well, I'll stick around until Patala is legitimately beaten before I decide if I need a sub.

In other news...

Rl'yeh, if I had to play grab-ass with an army, I'm honored to have played grab-ass with yours. :flop:
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Stand still, I'll come to you!

Edit: Good to hear you are staying until an Sub is ready.
I'll do my best to not be it :cool:
Last edited by Korwin on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Edit: I thought better of this post.
Last edited by Ikeren on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I think it is in bad taste to have someone who was a player in a game act as a sub in that game. They simply have information that it is unreasonable for the position in question to have. The issue of people carrying over grudges is totally secondary. The only exception I would make is for team games. Obviously it would be right and proper for a fallen member of a team to sub for one of the still-thriving team mates, since they were supposedly sharing all intelligence the whole time anyway.

-Username17
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

If we can get a sub from outside the game I'd prefer that. If the choice is sub within the game or AI, then I'd prefer a sub from within the game.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

AI is definitely the worst choice available. We're gonna end up squabbling over an Agarthian Compromise on how to divide the mindless AI's empire between us :p,
K
King

Post by K »

For the record, I don't really have any military secrets. I tend to adapt tactics based on what I'm fighting.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

I won't go AI, don't worry about it. I may very well continue to the bitter end if a sub can't be found.

In other news...

The Bizarre of Agarthan Magick a is now open for business! Need a hot new Firebrand to make all the other angels jealous? This is the place! How about some nice fancy Earth Boots to make geomancy around the house easier? BAM has it! Maybe a Horror Helmet to spice up your love life? Fuck yeah it's made in Agartha!

Just send a message to your local Agarthan representative and dread magicks that would make an Ermorian faint can be yours.*

We accept payments in earth or death gems in addition to the price of construction. Exchanges also available!**

And remember, all proceeds go to the destruction of manifold horrors from beyond the veil of reality!

*Currently possess no access to water magicians. Tentacled monstrosities need not apply. Agartha takes no responsibility any lack of fainting Ermorians.

**Favored exchanges include water breathing apparati (including but not limited to barrels of air, Rings of Waterbreathing and Shamblerskin armor) and Enormous Cauldrons of Broth or other devices to feed.

BAM! Because why just tell your enemies to go die in a fire?[/i]
Last edited by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Glad we will not be having an immediate AI snafu.

Everyone in my reallife family is sick atm, especially me.

I shouldn't have too much trouble submitting turns, but my diplo speed may suffer a bit.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I'd love to buy stuff from our traditional Agarthan Allies but I'm still collecting the necessary gems. :p
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I have a sub for the game that's not me, I'll get him to rego soon.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Rabelais wrote:Glad we will not be having an immediate AI snafu.

Everyone in my reallife family is sick atm, especially me.

I shouldn't have too much trouble submitting turns, but my diplo speed may suffer a bit.
Ouch, good luck dude. I'm just in the process of coming down with something too, so I sympathise.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

I notice Rabelais hasn't submitted Abysia's turn yet, and he did say that he was sick (as was the rest of his family).

Are we able to extend the period to give him a chance to submit? He's due to start beating me up the turn after this one, and it wouldn't be nearly as much fun if a stale happened in between :-)
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

The turn just processed. I don't think Abysia got their turn in.

Oh well, submitted next turn.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Maybe we should increase the turn timer for a few days. 36 or 48 hour turns could be helpful now that we are moving into the midgame.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Abysia aka. Rabelais got his turn in:
http://www.llamaserver.net/doAdminActio ... showstales
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.