So since Dom 3 is being discussed

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Alright, got to a computer and spent 15-20 minutes on a turn. Should be in now. Looks like there were some battles, but I don't see any huge swathes of territory gone, so I can probably just march some of my tiny men at the enemies and figure out where most of my new mages are so I can set to reanimate without losing too much. My Soulless pretender with Astral 9 could cast Wish now, but I could also spend that turn getting another reanimator statue. Opting for the less complicated option for now.
K
King

Post by K »

Your Pretender is Soulless? Bad news.

Guess the other guy didn't know that making your Pretender into a Wight Mage is actually a neat way to turn a normal human Pretender into a decently tough guy.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Turn is out.

I'm pretty sure Ermor's pretender was an Oracle; the fountain type. What does a Soulless of that even look like, and how do you get there?
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Life after death and a shitty battle probably. And it looks like a normal soulless, but with dominion modified stats.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

You know, in retrospect the limitations make that particular use of wish a pretty shitty one.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
K
King

Post by K »

name_here wrote:You know, in retrospect the limitations make that particular use of wish a pretty shitty one.
Yeh, I'll be taking back those provinces.
K
King

Post by K »

Akula wrote:Life after death and a shitty battle probably. And it looks like a normal soulless, but with dominion modified stats.
Yeh, regardless of what your unit was before, it turns into a basic Soulless. This can be weird when things not even vaguely human-like turn into humans.

For a nation like Mictlan who uses Slaves, this can actually be an upgrade in combat effectiveness. Also, in terms of preserving mages I think people will take a Soulless mage over a dead one.
Last edited by K on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

It was a mad upgrade for the oracle because it got HANDS which is pretty bling if you ask me. Especially for free.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Turn sent.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Waiting on R'lyeh.
K
King

Post by K »

Did I send my turn in?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Yes you did. Turn is out.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Nicely done with the Murdering Winter, btw.

Here's the part I find disturbing: when I lose 200 Pangaeans including a couple of mages and Manthe (the world's most beloved Itemspam hero), you can clearly see that on the troop graph. I killed four hundred fucking Ermorians this turn including 10 limited edition Sorceresses, and as far as I can tell Ermor's troop growth is a straight line.

-Username17
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

turn sent.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

The turn is in. Didn't mention last time, as I've been a bit preoccupied with novels and homework lately. I am beginning to come up a scheme. It has a delicious Dwarf Fortress vibe to it, but some refinement is probably necessary. This refinement may include scripting more of my mages, as I noticed that a bunch of expensive special mages wasted their time on minor communions when I fast-forwarded through the biggest battle this turn. Nice combined-arms approach, Pangaea, by the way.

Anyone have an opinion on whether wishing for a Chayot would be an interesting idea at this phase of the game?
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

How the fuck did you *get* your Oracle LifeAfterDeathed? I imagine you teleported it somewhere...but how did you make sure the zombie survived?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Orion wrote:How the fuck did you *get* your Oracle LifeAfterDeathed? I imagine you teleported it somewhere...but how did you make sure the zombie survived?

The plan as the harpy network saw it was to bring the Ankh in and script Grip of Winter. The Oracle is in the back and casts large things, and in a long battle it is fatigued out and dies. But as soon as it respawns as a Soulless, it's cold immune, and it is no longer in harm's way.

-Username17
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Except I fucked it up, but that was generally the idea.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

cthulhu wrote:Except I fucked it up, but that was generally the idea.
My impression is that what actually happened is that the oracle got caught in a Phoenix Pyre chain explosion, causing it to die (becoming a Soulless), and then die again (for real). So when priests called it back, it was a soulless with 1 less in every magic path.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

For those curious about Ermor's pretender:
Note the old age penalties. Well over a thousand years on a unit with a cutoff point of 500 years.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Waiting on R'lyeh.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Turn 69 is out.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Turn should be in. Actually starting to cast ritual spells now, but it might be a few turns before the greatest scheme gets off the ground. Trying to figure out what to do with my air gems now that I lost most of my A2S2 mages.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Turn sent.

If someone wants to buy Research boosters, tell me before the end of next turn. Otherwise I'll throw them out of the window.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Waiting on Mictlan.