VaeVictis, a Dom3 MP

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

FrankTrollman wrote:I did not perform a major invasion of Caelum this turn, but Caelum did have a scout explode on my border army, giving Caelum's player a rather detailed look at my force disposition for the turn. I would be very much against a rollback.

What I will do is promise not to send any sky fire or invasion of even minor Caelum territory this turn in honor of their lost turn. It seems like the honorable thing to do under the circumstances.

-Marignon
If Ermor confirm that they missed last turn (as someone suggested earlier in the thread), then C'tis will make the same commitment.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The Nation of Man was entirely busy with internal concerns during the last turn, and while it does understand the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Caelum, dislikes rollbacks on general principal. It is unnatural to turn back the Cycle.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Pangaea applauds Marignon's and C'tis' honorable conduct; it appears to be the optimal solution to us.

However, we abstain from casting our vote in the matter.

And while we dislike turn extensions on general principle (this game takes long enough without them), we shall definitely look to the status page for confirmation should we ever request one.
the toys go winding down.
- Primus
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Yeah, I missed the turn.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Okay, the consensus seems to be no rollback, but give Caelum and Ermor a respite.

Game continues.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

So, R'lyeh teleported in some Star Spawn to raid me (he was provoked), and one of the provinces they landed in also has a big pile of sea stags in it. Those guys showed up after the Star Spawn kicked my 1 PD to death, so they didn't get ritualed in.

Where did they come from? My best guess right now is a fortunate event, maybe? Can anyone enlighten me?
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

There is an underwater Nature site that allows a Nature mage to freespawn sea stags. On the same turn he teleported in, he ALSO marched in a commander with the sea stag retinue. Teleports resolve during the ritual phase, which is before movement.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Alternately there's an event that gives you a pile of Sea Stags and an Amber Clan Mage for no reason. Events are triggered after the magic phase combats, so if he seized the province during the magic phase and kept it until the events phase, he'd get a shiny pile of Sea Stags.

Since the province in question is not adjacent to any other part of Rlyeh, and I choose to believe that Rlyeh has neither the Flying Ship nor the Gate Stone, Marignon believes this to be the most likely explanation.

Note: Marignon is close enough to see these events, but still separated by the infinity of it being under water where we can't do fuck about it. We comment only as a theoretical exercise.

-Marignon
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Yeah was an event. One of the reasons I was against a rollback :)
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Ok . sorry I staled. my wife's mother died on friday evening and things are crazy. I need a sub. even with t he stale my position is decent, so it shouldn't be too hard. I am doing the turn recruitment and sending a hammer to korwin, but dont have time for anything else.

Apparently I have totally destroyed my other game, so I'd like to avoid that here. Its too depressing to even check the thread. hope they don't firebomb my meatspace house.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

My condolences, Rab. No apologies are necessary.

Do we have any takers?
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Rabelais,

Take a couple deep breaths, please. You didn't "destroy" the other game. It ended because most of the people involved were ready for it to end. There's a reason nobody looked for a sub or put the game on hold.

Go do what you need to do, grieve, mourn, take care of business... then come back here in a month or two and play again.

I'll be waiting. With my blessed giants.

sorry for your loss
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

So Man decided to visit us. Do you plan to stay?
In case they want to stay, anyone at war with them?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

After months of preparation and organization, the Great Expedition set off from the shores of the nation of Man to explore the vast desolate places beneath the sea and bring the light of worship to that oft-forgotten quarter. With its initial success, the Great Expedition will survey the new lands under its dominion and evaluate the potential for a permanent settlement, to add to the glory of the nation of Man.

Venerable and Most Squamous R'lyeh has not yet engaged in formal diplomacy with the nation of Man, but we extend our hands to those fleshy feelers and suggest a meet to draw lines of demarcation. Benighted backwater that we may be, we hear of great battles in distant provinces between the Most Squamous and the Gill'd Brethern of far Atlantis, and would not want to draw too many of R'leyh's resources away from that pressing conflict if peace may yet be possible.

For while Man is eager for peace, we are loathe to give up even the least or most recent of our possessions.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

R'ley claims all land under the water as our very own.
In fact this is the reason of our conflict with let's say others.
Luckly we do have some troops we don't know what to do with in the region, time they earn their money.

At the most we could talk about it, if you want to lease the land under the water...
Ancient History
Serious Badass

O Most Squamous Rentlords of R'lyeh, such weighty matters are not fit for public dickering, like common fishwives disputing the day's catch at the market, for your enemies and rivals have eyes to see and ears to hear, and may yet have some interest in your claims and disputes, particularly those far and away from their own borders. Let us repair to private counsels and see if we cannot come to an agreement or understanding, gentlefolk to gentlecephalopoda.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well if you want to talk in secret, no problem.

Man has an PN.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

Pangaea seeks Astral Pearls. Trade for Fire and/or Nature gems and/or items.
Last edited by tenuki on Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the toys go winding down.
- Primus
tenuki
Master

Post by tenuki »

And Rabelais, sorry to hear about that. My best wishes to you and your family.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

I got four Lizard Kings into the Hall of Fame this turn. I love banishment spam so much.

EDIT:
tenuki wrote:And Rabelais, sorry to hear about that. My best wishes to you and your family.
Seconded.
Last edited by Gnosticism Is A Hoot on Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, we need a replacement for Rabelais, and ASAP. If anyone has any ideas for recruiting a replacement, don't keep us waiting.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I'll whore it out on dom3mods and the #dominions IRC channel later today.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

So, are we continuing as normal until a sub is found, or are we pausing the game until then? Abysia has a turn in, yeah, but it's only a makeshift one. Thoughts?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I don't want to inconvenience anyone more than necessary. If Abysia has put in even a stopgap turn, my inclination is not to hold up the game for everyone else until who knows when.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Can I get a twelve hour extension on the turn please? Real life has been kicking my ass today and I just don't feel like I can make good strategic choices tonight.

EDIT: I asked about a sub on the #dominions IRC channel, I didn't get any takers. Admittedly I didn't have time to stay long though.
Last edited by Akula on Wed May 18, 2011 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.