Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Psychic Robot wrote:hawking has 4 con because he's a cripple
haha get it

no but really it's a shame that his mind wasn't born into a stronger body
Actually his illness didn't occur until he was 21. When he was young he used to enjoy horse riding.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

didn't know that. a shame that we didn't have a cure for it, then.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So, had the 1-week X-ray. It hasn't moved, hasn't degraded. This is good.

In another week I get the next X-ray, and if that's good I can start some "very light" rehab. Apparently the real rehab/physiotherapy, with Eye of the Tiger and all, is four weeks after that.

Here I was hoping I could get started on physio this week and be boxing within a few weeks.

Also, ignore list is at 50! WHOOO, PARTY TIME!
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Koumei wrote:Also, ignore list is at 50! WHOOO, PARTY TIME!
Grats! Do you get a flying mount now?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I certainly hope so.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

A cute female coworker asked me to meet her at the bar. She stood me up. I really wish I would learn that when a cute woman asks me out, that they aren't going to show up. Ah well, at least I got drunk.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Do you have an existing office-friendship with this female?
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

A cute female coworker asked me to meet her at the bar. She stood me up. I really wish I would learn that when a cute woman asks me out, that they aren't going to show up. Ah well, at least I got drunk.
expecting a woman to keep her word just demonstrates your male privilege
Last edited by Psychic Robot on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Wesley Street wrote:Do you have an existing office-friendship with this female?
I did in fact have one. It is more of a "work friend" relationship, so I'm not that hurt. I am more hurt by the fact that every time a woman has asked me out she stood me up and yet I got fooled again.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I now have a hi-def TV! My mom is moving and had an extra one that she couldn't use, and gave it to me. Now, to find someone who will take my 30 year old (but still working like a charm) CRT TV. I'm sure someone will want one for free.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Urg, bombed my American Lit final. Ah well, it's not like I'm ever going to set foot in a classroom ever again unless I win the lottery or something, so I'm not going to spend too much time on it. Still, kind of pissed at myself: one more question right and I at least would have gotten a "D" on it...
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

My teeth hurt quite a bit these days. It's annoying that I don't have any money to get extensive dental care.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Top or bottom?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Maj wrote:Top or bottom?
No disservice meant to Cynic, but I was a little disappointed when I scrolled up from this one.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Cynic wrote:My teeth hurt quite a bit these days. It's annoying that I don't have any money to get extensive dental care.
Receding gum lines are a natural part of aging. You might try switching to a less abrasive toothpaste and softer brush and see if it makes a difference.

If it's a persistent stabbing pain or you have cracked teeth or cavities, there are not-for-profit clinics that can help you out. Or you can see if a local university has a dental school and is willing to let you be worked on for free/severely reduced cost if your dentist is a student.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

erik wrote:
Maj wrote:Top or bottom?
No disservice meant to Cynic, but I was a little disappointed when I scrolled up from this one.
Like that, huh?

:biggrin:

I asked because about a month and a half ago, the teeth on one side of the top of my mouth hurt something fierce... Temperature sensitive and pressure sensitive - but not shooting/stabbing pain.

I have no dental coverage, so I was really worried, but it turned out that the source of the problem was actually a sinus infection, even though I didn't have much of a stuffy nose or anything. A natural antibiotic and a neti pot solved the problem.

But I don't think that would be a consideration if it were the bottom teeth, or if there's another symptom like stabbing pain.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

It's mostly around the premolars on the upper and lower jaw on the left side of my mouth.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

have a similar problem, have sensitive teefers myself, so I use special toothpaste. sensodyne works pretty well for me, if it doesn't, see if your local dentist office has prescription-strength toothpaste. and even if you don't directly have the funds, most offices will work out a payment plan for you.

was quite the bitch myself when I went to have a biopsy and it cost me $600. more than half a grand to have something scraped off the side of my mouth. ridiculous. I could have done that myself with a bit of alcohol and a pair of pinking shears
Ant wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Psychic Robot wrote: was quite the bitch myself when I went to have a biopsy and it cost me $600. more than half a grand to have something scraped off the side of my mouth. ridiculous. I could have done that myself with a bit of alcohol and a pair of pinking shears
That's how I tend to deal with issues myself. Although rubbing alcohol wouldn't be good to sterilize your shears. Try a little grain or hold it under open flame until it glows.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Cynic wrote:It's mostly around the premolars on the upper and lower jaw on the left side of my mouth.
Its important to remember that the nerves serving that area cover a wide area. Everything feels like the whole area hurts because thats the resolution you have.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Yeah, I had a bad toothache one time, turned out to be an ear infection.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Although rubbing alcohol wouldn't be good to sterilize your shears. Try a little grain or hold it under open flame until it glows.
I meant for anesthetic
Ant wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'd avoid alcohol as an anesthetic, it thins the blood and causes bleeding. I have to generally be in enough pain to not be able to move to even take an aspirin, so maybe it's just my pain tolerance (I haven't cut growths out of my mouth, but I've cut things out of my flesh before. Feels great when it's done).
Count Arioch the 28th
King

The potato soup I just made is utterly EPIC. If I had a chick here eating it with me, she'd totally go down on me after eating it. Every unmarried non-related woman I've ever been with totally gave me some after I cooked something for them.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

You know what's good about being single? I can be sick without being accused of faking an illness to get out of something, or have to endure comments about how men are "big babies", or be lectured about how I need to be at work to support them. Puking my guts out sucks, but it's a good time to be single.