Gary Gygax The Movie....

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

shadzar
Prince

Gary Gygax The Movie....

Post by shadzar »

http://www.examiner.com/rpg-in-national ... he-horizon

Sadly to be written by the same person that wrote Dragons of Autumn Twilight script...so will probably leave out big chunks of important stuff jsut as that movie did....

Hopefully it wont combine CGI and cell-shaded like the DragonLance movie did....then add in live-action to the mix as well.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Datawolf
Journeyman

Post by Datawolf »

I'm not really sure how interesting a biopic of Gary Gygax will be, frankly. He is a success story to be sure but... really? From what I know of his life it was... not something I would find exciting to watch.

Unless they just say "Fuck it," and make up a whole bunch of crazy shit about him fighting aliens or something.
Psychic Robot wrote:
Pathfinder is still a bad game
but is it a bad enough game to rescue the President?
K
King

Post by K »

It's supposed to be a fantasy movie that cuts to real life.

It could be cool or really ass.

I expect that Knights of Badassery will be the actual sleeper gamer hit considering the cast.
Datawolf
Journeyman

Post by Datawolf »

Knights of Badassery looks pretty cool.
Psychic Robot wrote:
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Datawolf wrote:I'm not really sure how interesting a biopic of Gary Gygax will be, frankly. He is a success story to be sure but... really? From what I know of his life it was... not something I would find exciting to watch.
nova88
NPC

Post by nova88 »

I wonder if Dave Arneson will be featured,or even mentioned.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

nova88 wrote:I wonder if Dave Arneson will be featured,or even mentioned.
mentioned most likely, since it will include D&D obviously. I would hope at lesat...

But then it is a movie about Gary, not D&D, so might not have much unless they get into the lawsuits and such....
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

There is no way this could be done well save if it portrayed Gygax as having a wildly delusional inner life, like Chuck Barris in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. A ~40 minute biopic played straight would be tolerable, but garner little interest aside from those that already know the basics of his life. Likely it will be somewhere in-between, and suck for it.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I think a movie about Dave Trampier would be much more interesting.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Datawolf
Journeyman

Post by Datawolf »

A movie about Kevin Siembada would be fucking insane.
Psychic Robot wrote:
K
King

Post by K »

Datawolf wrote:A movie about Kevin Siembada would be fucking insane.
I'd watch that.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:I think a movie about Dave Trampier would be much more interesting.
not to him it wouldnt, cause he has LONG ago distanced himself form gaming.

they kinda already have it on HBO now too.. Taxicab Confessions...
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I'm pretty sure the purpose of a biopic is something other than amusing the person in question.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.