Bringing Them All Back: A Fix.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Tokorona
Journeyman

Re: Bringing Them All Back: A Fix.

Post by Tokorona »

Chuckles: I prefer not to have the Gods actually tell their cleric to do anything. Because they could have ust done it themselves. More to the point, if my story sorta fails because they act up, there is something wrong going on. Besides the abuse of clerical spells.
tzor
Prince

Re: Bringing Them All Back: A Fix.

Post by tzor »

K at [unixtime wrote:1187591040[/unixtime]]For example: I'm a 10th level LG cleric, os why am I not bringing back a 3rd level CG Ranger I find dead in the woods?

Assuming that he is dead for 10 days or less, I don't see any reason to bring back the 2nd level CG Ranger you find in the woods. All in all I can't see how it imballances the universe in the slightest.

There are, of course, a lot of implications if this is abused, but they have nothing to do directly with the spell effect itself, just the thought of 10th level clerics running around with several pouches of diamonds worth 5K each.

It is really easy to mess with raise dead (like chopping off the victim's hands) for those determined to be annoying with very little effort. Level loss is annoying but not overly fatal (as was the case in 1E where your resurrections were capped at your initial con stat) but I don't see it as unbalancing.

In fact the thought of a PC throwing away 5K of stuff on an NPC is so wonderfully cute and fluffy that I would never want to see anything get in the way of them wasting their resorces in such a manner. :biggrin: