Hero Games Down To One Person

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

DeadlyReed
Journeyman

Hero Games Down To One Person

Post by DeadlyReed »

Kinda sucks that the company currently hawking my current game of choice is down to 1 person (from 3, I know, I know) and that the Book of the Empress needs a Kickstarter. Wished I could have bought more books to support 6E - I thought it made some necessary changes - but I had enough material from 5E so why bother?
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Why do you care if you didn't (and are not going to) buy any of the stuff they are now making anyway?
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
DeadlyReed
Journeyman

Post by DeadlyReed »

Because they were beginning to make stuff I felt worth buying again (Champions Beyond, Horror Hero, Book of the Empress). Also, it's not like I hadn't purchased 6E books - I had purchased the two main volumes in hardcopy and the basic rulebook, both advanced player's guides, and the Villains volumes in electronic format.
Last edited by DeadlyReed on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Back in the day, Champions used to be my favourite RPG by far. But the last time I looked at it vs. Mutants & Masterminds, they seemed to be about equally good. And M&M has the advantage of using the OGL, so it's wouldn't be surprising to me if it got more support nowadays.

(Note: I have done barely any superhero RPG playing in years and years, aside from a single short campaign of Silver Age Sentinels.)
Last edited by hogarth on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.