[Dom3] Oldest Profession Game On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Tien Chi's Mind Hunt capability is purely potential, as anyone who's seen our anemic Evocation output can testify to.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Fascinating. Frank, you should send me an e-mail address that I can send you a turn file for, on the condition that the proof (IE, army set up, research) isn't used to benefit Hinnom's enemies. But suffice to say, I am missing either Evocation 6 or Thaumaturgy 5.
K
King

Post by K »

Well, Hinnom has just totally betrayed us and broken our NAP. I can't say that this was surprising.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

We never had a nap. Here is a list of our private message exchanges.

An Emissary from Hinnom to Lanka!
Hello Monkey Demons! We hope you're finding your conquest of the delicious natives of this region well. We'd sort of like to consume the amazonian natives of The Mirks, but we'll understand if you have similar desires. Either way, we'd like peaceable relations.

I hope that's agreeable to you.

-Hinnom
You proceeded to not respond to this message.

Our next interaction was with regards to water provinces.
Subject: The Oldest Profession!
So...where do we go from here? It seems that you holding an underwater province next to my capital when you have water + land troops available is...frightening, at least. I don't necessarily want to declare war, but I'm none too happy with this situation. and I think you might want to declare war with me?
You did respond to this message with
Subject: Re: The Oldest Profession! Quote message
Well, that province is also next to MY capital, so it's not like you have a better claim than I do.

I just want the province I fought for and the resources it gives my capital. I don't have any plans for war.

Heck, I don't even see a reason to leave troops in it once I'm done site searching.

I do want to grab the indie water province above it, though. You've got the rest of the ocean.

-K
To which I responded
I'll agree to that, though I STRONGLY do not want troops left there, even idly.
I am uncertain as to which part of this you consider a NAP. Every not-attacking-policy agreement I have had has specifically been spelled out with the phrase "NAP-3"; in this game, Ulm (who I accidentally attacked afterwards and made suitable reparations to immediately; you can see those interactions here: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53089& ... c&start=75 ) and maybe one or two more that I'm concealing (though if anyone is worried, look for the word "NAP" followed by a number between 1 and 1000 in private messages wtih me.)

The brevity of our exchanges makes it particularly easy for me to confirm that we didn't have a NAP. I apologize if you confused my "I do not want to go to war with you yet" for "We now have a formalized not-attacking-policy", but I think the few words we shared should be sufficient to indicate at best, a tenuous informal agreement.

Editing: Looking at this, I see I have exactly one communication from you in the entire game. I think perhaps this is an oversight on your part, but the last 10-15 turns have all been "When is the moment at which I go to war with Lanka as I do not have a NAP with them, and when is the moment at which they go to war with me."

I also took the precaution of doing a CTRL+F function on this thread to see if it had been discussed publicly and I had forgotten. The only pages that contain NAP's are:

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53089& ... c&start=75 (Where I accidentally attack Zinegata after signing a NAP)

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53089& ... &start=100 (Winnah and Ancient History having a discussion I don't recall, and me saying "Preferably not to players adjacent unless I have NAP's with them" (which might be an indication that I did not have NAP's with all adjacent players at the time)

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53089& ... &start=150 (The place where Frank accuses me of Mindhunt despite still to this turn not having one of Evocation 6 or Thaumaturgy 5)

And then this page.
Last edited by Ikeren on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Fomoria essentially does not exist, and in any case has staled all of their recent turns. is there a way to turn them over to computer control so that they don't delay hosting?

-Username17
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Apologies, I've been on an emergency business trip that overran. I didn't ask for extensions or anything because I'm pretty much out of the game, but I didn't think about the hosting delay problem.

If there's some way for Fomoria to go AI, that would be absolutely fine with me.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I have been attempting to preach out a domkill on Fomoria. I suppose I could spend some slaves, but I would prefer not to.

The alternative would be to ask a 3rd party that is not involved in the game to accept a turn, so that they can send in a change to AI.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Can do. Who needs my Email?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Llamaserver has an Admin command to set a nation to AI. In 'Admin Options,' under the hosting commands and above the email commands.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Llamaserver has an Admin command to set a nation to AI. In 'Admin Options,' under the hosting commands and above the email commands.
Thats an Fake...
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I could send the turn to myself. I can physically see all the provinces that Fomoria borders, and I wouldn't send any of their gems or gold to anyone. Would people be OK with that?

-Username17
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Yep, be fine with that. Don't know if you still want to see my turn file for undisputable proof that I didn't mindhunt your goddess, or if you're content with my word and Pangea's posturing? Because I don't object to you calling out some of my moves as being incredibly stupid (as some of them are), but I only want to be called out for the stupid moves I actually make :p
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I'm fairly certain you can't send in the turns for multiple nations in the same game, at least, not from the same copy of Dominions.

Had a circumstance involving that at the start of the learning game.

edit: and Hinnom is protesting their innocence way too much. I think they're about to do something shady. Again.
Last edited by Winnah on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

If you guys need someone to send a turn to just so they can set the nation AI, I can do that.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

edit: and Hinnom is protesting their innocence way too much. I think they're about to do something shady. Again.
We are being fully-informative of our innocence. Aside from an implicational disagreement with Abysia early in the game and an accidental attack of Ulm (for which full reparations were made), all players in all my games can attest to my honesty, if not my competence.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Frank sent me Fomoria's file and they are now AI.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I'd like to ask for a 12 hour extension as I'll be busy tomorrow and scripting entire wars is getting quite challenging.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Zinegata wrote:I'd like to ask for a 12 hour extension as I'll be busy tomorrow and scripting entire wars is getting quite challenging.
Hosting postponed for OldestProfession by 12 hours. The game will now host at 02:55 GMT on Sunday April 1st.
Please note that this information will not be updated on the game status page for a few minutes.

Return to game page
-Username17
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Can we switch permanently to a 48h host cycle with no QHing?

It'd just be nice to have the game host same time of day every day. Everyone is at war at this point so I don't think anyone will feel too left out by long turns.

Thanks,
DrP
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Sure.

-Username17
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Winnah: Pangaea
*shakes fists*. You're next.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Pangaea has been fighting multiple opponents since around turn 10. I was starting to get lonely.
K
King

Post by K »

Weird. I'm missing 800 gold. It's not like I got any random events that account for that.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I can only confirm that we didn't get any gold from Lanka, so it wasn't sent to us by mistake.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Your gold reports can be pretty unreliable on turns where you gain and/or lose a bunch of provinces. It gives you the money after provinces are captured or lost, but before the auto-tax takes over for the new provinces. If you take a bunch of provinces at Tax 0, you get zero gold, and then the auto-tax will set the rate to like 70 and the next turn will tell you you are making hundreds of gold that you didn't actually make.

Since Sauromatia fell and we've switched over to a full time raiding economy, we've had several turns in which our reported income was negative but our gold reserves went up or vice versa.

-Username17