The Unpublishable

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

I'm going to have a hard time smothering my snickers when I hear someone mention troubles talking with children. It made me think of my oldest son except for the administrator. And the other bits.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I will admit I never have any idea which stories are going to resonate with people and which will be ignored. Some of the stuff I consider my worst and most hackneyed is the most well-regarded, and some of the stuff I consider my best goes up without comment. It has nothing to do with how much time or effort I put into the idea, plotting, or writing. I was going to write this one up last week but my Spanish fortune teller wanted a happier story.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

THAT'S because WE are cynical bastards JUST LIKE YOU! ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Hey, my parents were married!
erik
King

Post by erik »

Ancient History wrote:Hey, my parents were married!
To each other? Ew. Weirdo!
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The Unpublishable finishes its first year of weekly fiction with "Dead Shift." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/0 ... shift.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

That was uncomfortably sweet somehow O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I know, right? My test subject said it made her sad. I will never understand women.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

kinda reminds me a bit about the short bit of fiction about the ghoul wife and husband in one of the shadowrun books . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ugh, are you talking about Psychotrope?
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

Well I'm a guy but that story definitely made me a bit sad as well.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ancient History wrote:Ugh, are you talking about Psychotrope?
uhm . . no . . that was a novel where a ghoul had a normal wife who then gave birth to a ghoul baby which promptly bit her in the tit . .

i was talking about a one or two Din A4 pages short piece of fiction in one of the rule books . .

Ghoul-husband can still rationally think, acts like a frigging british gentleman while he and his mindless ravenous (american? *runs*) wife are eating a corpse in the sewers and stays with her to the end, when an extermination patrol comes around and she won't leave the corpse there . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Hmm. Not ringing any bells.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Now on the Unpublishable, something guaranteed to offend someone. "The Racist." NSFW. http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/04/racist.html
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Maybe it's because i am german, but i don't see anything offending in there O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

erik
King

Post by erik »

"“Some people might say that I fired Andy because "

I think that was supposed to be Art, not Andy.

[edit: unless that was an unintentional slip of the tongue by the speaker...]
Last edited by erik on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

No, that would be an oops.

Stahl: Some people might take offense to the racial and gender slurs and stereotypes. Not entirely sure what the German equivalents would be.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Kaffer < = for example.
But somehow, stuff like that does not get too much of a reaction anywhere . .
Well, aside from those "cool" street toughs maybe . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

It's a short weird west episode this week on The Unpublishable with "Hexslinger." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/0 ... inger.html
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Ancient History wrote:Now on the Unpublishable, something guaranteed to offend someone. "The Racist." NSFW. http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/04/racist.html
This was marvelous - a precision-tuned slice of thought, disquieting without being disturbing.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ancient History wrote:It's a short weird west episode this week on The Unpublishable with "Hexslinger." http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/0 ... inger.html
Now THIS was a nice read.
Aside from the spelling errors :P ^^
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ancient History
Serious Badass

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:
Ancient History wrote:Now on the Unpublishable, something guaranteed to offend someone. "The Racist." NSFW. http://www.the-unpublishable.com/2012/04/racist.html
This was marvelous - a precision-tuned slice of thought, disquieting without being disturbing.
Danke.
Stahlseele wrote:Now THIS was a nice read.
Aside from the spelling errors :P ^^
Ach, quitcher bellyachin'. You get what you pay for.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Not quite.
I get more than i pay for in your case.
The Hexslingers reminds me of Deadlands a bit.
I really like that short story.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I only kind of understand it... was Andy a racist?
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Andy thinks Omar is a cocksucking c(word)-eyed Christ-killing halfbreed n(word)-kyke fa(word)got.

But he will not say that. Because that isn't okay.
Last edited by RiotGearEpsilon on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.