d20 Pokeymans Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

If someone else wants to claim Gastly, I'm happy to switch to the Metagross line too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Huh, I thought somebody had covered those. Apparently I only did the Were-Metang things.

Also: looks like this game is taking place in the land of 1-4Gen.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So no D&D stuff?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

For now, let's say no D&D monsters. But there could possibly be an outbreak of them later on.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fair enough. So my character that was going to be a goblin warlock... midget warlock pledged to Darkrai?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, that works for me.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I was looking to be ex-military, much like Lt Surge. That doable?

I'm still fairly new when it comes to Tome items, but: "Minor items have, for the purposes of crafting only, a base gold piece value of 4,000gp. In-game purchases can vary wildly based on perceived value, and should largely be based on DM judgment, ranging +/-50% from the base cost. "

What are items that cost less than the -50% threshold count as?

EDIT:

My main item is the Skin of Ectoplasmic Armour (CPsi), which costs 3000gp. It gives +8 AC | +2 Max Dex | -6 acp | No speed penalty. Counts as wondrous item in RAW. Would this gain similar scaling AC to normal magical armour, as in the Tome link? Again, new to tome gear.
Last edited by Meikle641 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sure, bump it up to 4K for being a scaling Tome thing and you're golden.

Yeah, ex-military SURGE style is totally fine.

The idea I was having was that the various regions are engaging in more adventurous ocean voyages/flights, and we're beginning to see more travel and cross-over. By the same token, the criminal elements of the various regions are looking at expanding their interests into foreign lands, while the Officers Jenny are starting to coordinate in order to set up a Global World Government.

You'll note that this is all just setting information that allows for greater travel, greater choice in region you come from, and "there are pokemon from all generations", and not actually a plot. To some extent, that's going to be your job - you guys really do have a say in where this story goes. Maybe you want to take over Team Rocket/Plasma/Magma/Aqua/Galaxy/Your Mum and become the new baddies. Maybe you want to settle an island and declare it its own region and establish yourselves as the Elite 5 (or actually become the Elites for a region). Maybe you want to get rich and famous. I figure you guys will have ideas, and stuff can happen from there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Eheheheheh....

Team Hell.

ooh! or Team Nightmare.

Team Consumption?

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Team Mall Goth
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Well, becoming the region's badasses as Elite 5 or whatever could work, if by kicking the asses of [insert team]. Kicking their asses would lead to experience and loot and would show us to be huge badasses.

... It also occurs to me that I apparently have what amounts to the Crysis suit? Skin-tight armour that boosts my speed. "MAXIMUM SPEED ACTIVATED." Stolen from Team [whatever]/found in strange crate from [whatever/?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I think we should kick the asses of all the other crime gangs, and bring them together under our own group.

As well as working our way into the gyms and Elites.

edit: damnit, it just occurred to me that that's almost exactly what we did in the last game...
Last edited by Prak on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I'd be down with New Elite 4 shenanigans. Not so much with the Team [X] shenanigans, at least not with the motivation being "MOAR POWAR BWAHAHAHAHAHA". Like Prak said, that's basically what we did in Disgaeagame.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, unless we're talking not-so-secretly chaotic good faux villains--which, admittedly, is way possible in a pokemon universe-- I'm not really feeling the Team Whatever angle.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Prak_Anima wrote:edit: damnit, it just occurred to me that that's almost exactly what we did in the last game...
>:|
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Actually, no. I think I know exactly what the game should be about.

We just want to be the very best.
Like no one ever was.

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Sounds good to me. I'm headed back to New Hampshire at the end of the week so I'll be ready to play. Have we picked a time?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Damnit, you were supposed to continue the joke.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Koumei wrote: And as Hitmontop advances, it will certainly gain something. I'll get back to you on that.
I had a moment to think about that today and for a start I thought I'd suggest giving hitmontop a Move Action demoralize and an Intimidate bonus at some point--kinda like the Dreadful Demeanor skill feat, for example-- since in the games Intimidate is his traditional special attribute and because it meshes fairly nicely all around--Having ranks in both Bluff (for Fake-Out) and Intimidate gives him a something to do in Cool and Tough contests and the synergy and Fighting move bonuses would help make up for him not running Cha as a key stat. And of course, move action Demoralize makes for a nice li'l debuff on a pokemon that doesn't need to blow a Full Action to fire off his best attack routines.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm leaning towards an aasimar Monk Archer now assuming I can handwave the level spent towards gaining longbow proficiency--I just cover my pokemon's weaknesses better with a ranged attack and Fake-Out sounds like a nice way to get first round potshots against melee goons.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Surgo wrote:Sounds good to me. I'm headed back to New Hampshire at the end of the week so I'll be ready to play. Have we picked a time?
Not as such, no. It'll be some time on Wednesdays, but the time isn't set in stone - I could start as early as 11AM or as late as 3PM, if we assume a 2-3 hour game session.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That's Tuesday over here in Eagleland, somewhere between 5:30 and 10:30 for the west coast. The best time for me would probably be around 8pm here (1:30 for Mistress Cavern)

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Any of those times work for me.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Are we starting first session today? If so, when?
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

My sheet. Maybe the Ninja needs a boost or two...compared to a Barbarian or Samurai of that level, she doesn't look all that strong or survivable, but then again she does have the at-will nauseate. What she does is Smoke Bomb a fool, then jumps in the next round and gets her Sudden Strike off.

The alternate class features are:

1: Instead of the Everything Kills and Moon Hare Dash powers, you gain a Pokemon. The maximum level is the same as for a Pokemaster, but the Maximum Total Level is linear, equal to your class level. You also gain Train Pokemon.
4: Instead of the Kitsune's Trickery power, you gain Increased Awareness.

I wasn't quite sure how to balance it. Some classes gave up a lot for their pokemon, but your ninja ACFs don't give up as much. I got rid of the extra-fast movement like your ninja ACF did, and something else that didn't really matter anyway.

Finally, a question/comment: how the hell do we want poisons to work? I figure my fourth magic item will be that wand of psionic minor creation, to make all sorts of poisons. However, the poison rules are fucking broken and that makes it not-fun to use. They're either ridiculously weak (low DC) or insanely strong with no in-between. The best in-between I can think of is that poisons have a DC of 10 + 1/2 HD + (int or wis modifier) of creator, and can target a specific stat (dealing 1d6 damage to it as primary effect) chosen when created. That doesn't model "real" poison very well, but neither do the default rules (and its pokemon anyway) and that seems a bit more balanced than what's in the SRD.

It leaves out stuff like poisons that have specific effects, but we can come up with rules for that later I'm sure.

I haven't picked the human feat/skill point yet.
Last edited by Surgo on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

My character and pokemon. Still WIP, but about 90% done. Been busy lately, sorry.
Name: Jack
Class: Worldthought Medic
Level: 5
XP:
Alignment: NE
Race: Human
Deity/Religion:

Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 142 lb

Strength: 9
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 16 (+1 lvl)
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 17
Charisma: 13

Total HP per level: d6+3
Total HP: 37
Current HP: 37/37
AC: 20 [Flatfooted: 19 | Touch: 12]
Initiative: +5 [+1 Dex +4 feat]
Total Skill Points: 28
Skill Points per level: 2+1
Languages Known: Common,

Land Speed: 30'
Total Weight: 67.5/76 [light]

Base attack bonus : +3
Melee attack bonus: +7 (+4 Wis)
Ranged attack bonus: +4 (+1 Dex)

Fortitude save bonus is +4 (+1 BSB, +3 Con)
Reflex save bonus is +2 (+1 BSB, +1 Dex)
Will save bonus is +8 (+4 BSB, +4 Wis)

Feats: Insightful Strike [1st], Improved Stealth Health [3rd]

Bonus Feats: Improved Initiative [human]

Class Features: Weapon Proficiency (Simple); Armour Proficiency (All);

Psychic Pokemaniac: Alternate Psion Class Features (Worldthought Medic)
Level 1: You gain a Pokemon at the expense of Power Points and stuff. The maximum level is the same as for a Pokemaster, but the Maximum Total Level is linear, equal to your class level. You also gain Train Pokemon, and every level you lose 1 Power Point per level.
L6: Lose Empathy (and at 9 it becomes 1/day and you can work the rest out from there). You can Mindlink (Su) with your Pokemon: each can use the other as the origin of their Psionic powers and Spell-Like Abilities. You also gain Heal Pokemon and Increased Awareness.
Level 11: Healing Affinity only works on your Pokemon. Instead, your Pokemon gains its own supply of Power Points equal to its hit dice, modified by its Intelligence as normal. It can use them to manifest powers you know.
Level 16: I lose some sort of Network Range (any). Instead, you become the Psychic Gym Leader, with the Mind Badge you can hand to people. This grants you a second Pokemon (which must have Psyhic Pokemon Traits) with a maximum level 4 lower than your primary one, and you can teach all of your Pokemon Ego Whip (1/hour, Charisma-based) as a Spell-Like Ability.
Typical Pokemon: Psychic, Ghost, Dark

Racial Traits:
Human shit
4 skill points at lvl 1, +1 each level after
Bonus feat.

Skills:

Autohypnosis (Wis): 8 rank, +4 Wis = +12
Concentration (Con): 8 rank, +1 Con = +9
Heal (Wis): 6 rank, +4 Wis = +10
Handle Animal (Cha): 6 rank, +1 Cha = +9

Skill Tricks:

Remaining Gold: 9000 - whatever

Weapons:

Steal Health, Attack: +5 | Damage: 14 | Crit: 20/x2 | Touch attack. Damage = 2*lvl + Wis mod. Damage dealt = healing to me or people in network.

Repeating Light Crossbow ( GP), Attack: +4 | Damage: 1d8 | Crit: 19-20/x2 | Range: 80' | 6 lbs

Ammunition/Consumables:

Potion Belt:

Armour:
Skin of Ectoplasmic Armour (4k), +8 AC | +2 Max Dex | -6 acp | No speed penalty, gives Aquatic subtype, and +1/4 level to AC as Deflection.

+1 Deflection from SoEA.

Gear:
+1 Boots of Dex (4k), gives 1/3 level to Dex (+1) as Enhancement and +5'/2 HD (+10')

Equipment:

Backpack: (2 GP) 2 lb.
Bedroll (1 SP), 5 lbs
Waterskin (1 GP), 4 lbs

Mess kit (6 SP), 1 lb
1x Darkwood robot doll, with fully articulated joints (30 GP)

5x bottle of vodka (50 GP), 1.5 lb
4-Person Tent (20 GP)
Hammock (5 GP), 1 lb
Bedroll (1 SP), 5 lbs
1x ceramic mug (2 CP)
10 day's rations (5 GP), 10 lb
soap (5 SP), 1 lb
1x hemp rope (1 GP), 10 lbs

Psychic Stuff:

Power Points per Day: 30 PP = 25 (class) +10 (Wis) -5 feature
Current Power Points: 30/30
Powers Known: 3+1
Manifester Level: 5

Level 1 powers:
PP: 1
Base DC: 15
Battle Sense, Vigor

Level 2 powers:
PP: 3
Base DC: 16
Psychic Bodyguard

Appearance:

Background:

Croagunk (CR 4)
Small Magical Beast [Aquatic]
14 15 12 11 14 11
4d10+4 (24 HP)
Initiative +2
Speed: 30' Swim 20'
BAB/Grab: +4/+2
Attack: 2 Slams +7 melee (1d6+2) and Snap Kick +5 melee (1d4+1)
AC: 15 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +2 natural)
touch 13, flat-footed 13
F +5 R +6 W +3
Feats: Improved Grapple (B), Power Attack, Snap Kick
Skills: Swim +17, Tumble +9
Special Attacks: Poison, Hurl Mud, Fighting Style, Egg Move
Special Qualities: Poison Pokemon Traits, Fighting Pokemon Traits, Amphibious, Anticipate
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Small), 7-9 HD (Medium), evolves into Toxicroak at 10 HD

Natural Weapons: Croagunk's natural weapons are [Fighting] effects when not altered by other abilities.

Amphibious (Ex): Croagunk can breathe both air and water.

Poison (Ex): As a standard action, Croagunk may spit a gob of poison out to 20 feet. If it hits with a ranged touch attack, the target must save against poison (Constitution-based with a +2 racial bonus) and deals 1d6 Con damage as primary and secondary damage. This is a [Poison] effect. The sample Croagunk has a DC of 15. When using this in a Tough Contest, target someone who acts after you and is not immune to Poison. They cannot gain more than one point on that Round.

Hurl Mud (Ex): As a move action, Croagunk can hurl a handful of mud (providing the ground is muddy) as a 20 foot ranged touch attack. If it hits, the foe is Blinded for one round. This is a [Ground] effect. If using this in a [Beauty] Contest, designate a target who acts after you. They suffer a -4 penalty.

Fighting Style (Ex): "Swift Hummingbird Dance": While Active, your Fighting Style allows you to make an attack of opportunity against any opponent who attacks you.
This attack of opportunity must be a trip or disarm attemp

Egg Move (Ex): Croagunk can choose one of the following:
- Croagunk gains Sneak attack dice as a Rogue of its level, but no other benefits. This only applies to its Slam attacks, nothing else. Sneak attack

Anticipate (Ex): due to Croagunk's sensitivity to psionic strength, any time a [Psychic] or [Psionic] creature is within 100 feet, it subconsciously shivers with anticipation, alerting itself and others.

Note: if using the Tome Feats, replace Power Attack with Blitz or Combat School and Improved Grapple with Juggernaut, and consider replacing Snap Kick with Whirlwind Attack.