Moderator: Moderators

SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Pathfinder Collaboration

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

I must have missed something since I don't read penny-arcade, but when it was first linked on this forum, I thought it was about D&D Next, what does it have to do with pathfinder?
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

ishy wrote:I must have missed something since I don't read penny-arcade, but when it was first linked on this forum, I thought it was about D&D Next, what does it have to do with pathfinder?
That was PF's design and development MO. Put the rules out there to be tested and critiqued, then freak the fuck out about any actual testing and critique.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

That comic is probably about Gabe's new game and the testing process for it (it's been mentioned in the news posts a few times now), exaggerated for laughs, not Pathfinder or DnD Next.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Oh, quite likely. But it's relevance to our past experiences adds another level to whole thing.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

virgil wrote:Oh, quite likely. But it's relevance to our past experiences adds another level to whole thing.
Much like Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit have absolutely nothing to do with D&D.
FrankTrollman wrote:The Melee Fighter's contribution to the game is that Cleric gets to see less of the future and summon less angels. Seriously, that's his contribution. It's not harmless fun. It's showing up to restaurants without your wallet and expecting your friends to pay your way. For fun.
K wrote:Rogue is a bad choice because the game can't handle a whole party that uses stealth or a whole party doing sneak attack.
Kaelik wrote:...the party having even a chance of dying is bad, not good.
:rofl:
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

virgil wrote:Oh, quite likely. But it's relevance to our past experiences adds another level to whole thing.
I remember, was sort of there, but ishy seemed a bit lost.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
ModelCitizen
Knight-Baron

Post by ModelCitizen »

Mr. GC wrote:Much like Angel Summoner and BMX Bandit have absolutely nothing to do with D&D.
I still have my suspicions.