d20 Pokeymans Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sorry, yesterday I had a doctor appointment - and I have another next week. So I'm hoping we can start the following week, and I'll show up at or before 1PM my time (7:30 PM Prak's time), with the assumption that it'll take another half hour for everyone to arrive and start.

Same server as before (irc.nightstar.net), in #pokeymans
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Here's a draft with desired item bonuses taken into account. Stances are way at the bottom under notes.

Here's my Santa letter all spelled out:

Masterwork Composite Longbow w/ +1 strength bonus, arrows & back and leg quiver
Camouflage Clothes
Periapt of Wisdom +2 (Minor, would prefer a Headband for aesthetics)
Ring of the Darkhidden (Minor)
Camping junk

If we're able to buy pokemon items at chargen this stuff goes on my Tyrogue:
Expert Belt (Minor)
+1 Spiked Chain of Berserking (Minor; This is the item I'm most uncertain about. Can things be re-sized at evolution? Also, the fluff seems a touch weird since I was sort of intending to do bullshit tripstar things with him.)
Brigandine armor

Plan with the Tyrogue is that the chain will be his initial primary weapon but eventually as Hitmontop he'll spin around and use the chain mostly for the trips/disarms and its qualities but will pull out his x3 Slam routine when he wants to do clobber things he can't zone out--I'm hoping the fact that he fights like Taz should let him mix and match attacks easily, but that's obviously not my call.

Here's the Tyrogue with the gear and my ideal Skill/Feat retraining applied, assuming that Me First! was a freebie and not a pre-selected feat choice.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

In the interest of not breaking the game when I use poison, I humbly submit my poison variant for use. It's pretty much complete except for the wacky status / magic poisons haven't been written yet (and are far beyond our currently level anyway).
Last edited by Surgo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, that works for me.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Just a heads-up: I intend on running the game this up and coming Wednesday, but it's possible one or more members of my family will go "Hey, it's your Birthday so we're going out to lunch!"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Happy birthday in advance
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Looks good.

For the record, given [Ground] effects are just Not Very Effective against [Flying] Pokemon - and that nothing can affect a target it can't reach (so flying is a good way to be immune to earthquakes. And punches), what do people want to do re: Psi-Dark, Ghost-Normal, and Normal/Fight-Ghost?

We could just go "It's Not Very Effective" (note: this means Sableye and Spiritomb actually have no weaknesses, as opposed to "they have a weakness, they're just immune to it unless you have Scrappy"), combined with "when a ghost is inside a wall, it can't really hit you, or vice versa".

Or Ghosts could all have the Incorporeal deal, either weakened a lot (Normal and Fighting have a 50% Miss Chance, the rest are fine), ~normal (Normal and Fighting need a special rule to hit, other stuff that isn't Super Effective has a 50% Miss Chance, and Super Effective stuff just hits through it), with Ghost effects also having the Miss Chance against normal. And Dark could just have Spell Resistance/Miss Chance vs Psionics and perhaps Immunity to Mind Affecting.

Thoughts?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I tend to be a proponent of "Ghost intangibility means physical attacks pass through, but energy attacks hit." Essentially treating ghosts as swarms of fine creatures, and meaning that Hyper Fang can't affect ghosts, but Hyper Beam can, and Rock throw cannot, but Power Gem can.

For Dark, I would say probably Immune to Mind Affecting, and that most (90%) of psychic attacks are MA.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That seems to be a handy simple solution. The exception to physical attacks would be "Ghost Touch stuff, and any kind of Ghost or Dark effect".
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Right.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Um, so what ability type is Stolen Breath? Can it be a spell like?

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

What has Stolen Breath, again?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Stolen Breath is a Fiend Feat, which I took. I want it to count as a spell like for Bone Sphere shenanigans.

Other random questions:
  • What are pokeballs made from, and are they literally magic items?
  • I'm grabbing Product of Infernal Dalliance (instead of being a "goblin") could I/would it be preferred for me to take a pokemon type instead of a fiend subtype?
  • Are Ground types still actually immune to electricity?
More may arise.

Item wishlist:
  • Warlock Bracer (+Atk/Dam on Eldritch Blast)
  • Bracer of Pain and Fear (Blade of Pain and Fear, CL 5)
  • Amulet of Mass Mage Armour orGreater Mage Armour
  • Black Glasses for my Sandile
  • Typical adventure stuff (crowbar, bedroll, winter blanket, backpack, waterskin, 13th level cleric, silk rope, grappling hook, rations, flint and steel, bullseye lantern)
Trainer sheet is here.

EDIT
My Sandile
The Sableye I call
Last edited by Prak on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, here's how I'm notating the type thing:

Ghost Pokemon Traits:
Ghost Type Pokemon are all Incorporeal, however their own attacks are all made as though with Ghost Touch Weapons. Their Natural Weapons are, however, of the [Ghost] Type, so Normal Type Pokemon are completely immune. Using the Pokemon Type rules, many things can actually affect them that could not in normal D&D, but you should probably apply a 50% Miss Chance so as to make Ghost Touch Weapons useful. Basically if it isn't specifically Dark or Ghost (or from an Incorporeal source) then it needs the Ghost Touch property (or similar) to not get the miss chance, but shit like "waving a torch" still has the capacity to hit at all. Unless their description states something specific regarding this, Ghosts can be Turned or Rebuked as though Undead, but they may treat their Charisma modifier (if positive) as Turn Resistance.
  • Ghost attacks are +4 against Psychic and Ghost Pokemon and deal additional damage equal to the attacker's HD.
  • Ghost attacks are -4 against Dark and Steel Pokemon and deal additional damage equal to the attacker's HD
That good?

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think you meant:
[*]Ghost attacks are -4 against Dark and Steel Pokemon and reduce the damage by an amount equal to the defender's HD
Prak_Anima wrote:Stolen Breath is a Fiend Feat, which I took. I want it to count as a spell like for Bone Sphere shenanigans.
Oh right. Of course, feats aren't (Ex), (Su) or (Sp), they're just Feats, and the abilities they grant frequently aren't tagged either. Sure, sounds good to me. Spell-Like, and given there's no Save DC or damage or anything like that, it doesn't really matter what type it is, but if it ever becomes relevant, [Normal] (if it were Ghost, it'd be Super Effective against the undead but normal people would be immune).

Pokeballs are made from metal, plastic and apricorn shells. Voltorbs shed their shells from time to time, and using such a shed shell can replace all components. They are indeed magic.

You can totally take a Pokemon Type for PoID, go for it.

Ground is just Resistant to Electricity, and doubles the "DR" when actually touching the ground.

[*]Warlock Bracer (+Atk/Dam on Eldritch Blast)

A Lesser/Minor Magic Item, so you can just buy one as normal. For the effect, it's basically a magic weapon, so pick from the Minor Weapon Traits list or Least Eldritch Essences (WotC Warlock), whichever floats your boat.

[*]Bracer of Pain and Fear (Blade of Pain and Fear, CL 5)

Not yet

[*]Amulet of Mass Mage Armour orGreater Mage Armour

Not yet

[*]Black Glasses for my Sandile

Again, you can just go and buy it if you like

[*]Typical adventure stuff (crowbar, bedroll, winter blanket, backpack, waterskin, silk rope, grappling hook, rations, flint and steel, bullseye lantern)

That's all fine
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I had some great stuff in store, but I think I'm going to have to call the game off. The reasons are as follows:
[*]There isn't a time to run that is ideal for everyone, it's either too early or too late
[*]I really like sleeping in, which is something I can only do 1 day per week, or 2 if this game isn't on
[*]Everyone likes scheduling appointments on Wednesdays. Between the government, my disability support service and two doctors, every week someone figures Wednesday is the perfect day to have an appointment.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Fair enough, I was kinda iffy on whether I'd be able to play or not, anyway.