My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Anyone know a lot about US income taxes?

I found out that I had about $400 of paid student loan interest that I never received paperwork for. I've already filed my taxes. Will that amount be worthwhile to file an amended return or is it such a piddling amount that it wouldn't matter? I'm already well below the poverty line so I don't think my taxable income can get that much lower...
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Estimate your tax rate, multiply by $400, and decide.

Depending on your actual situation (which I don't know), its probably around $40.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Is there a way to search just a single thread? I mean I know I can do a site search but is there a way to do a search in just a single thread or even a specific forum like IMHO?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

For a forum, just tell the search to only search that forum. For the thread, all I can think of is page by page ctrl f
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I know I can do it on other forums but how do I do this on the Den?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

When you click on Search in the forum options/tools up there, on the bottom half the top left option is "Forum."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So for all those Flash movies/games that are constantly being uploaded for free (or for some amount of advertising money or microtransactions), there would be a decent number of people making these. A lot of them are actually 100% not-for-profit, not even advertising money.

Is there a freeware suite people use to make these (or a reasonably cheap program), or are all these people seriously putting down a thousand dollars* each for this? Or does every man and his dog pirate it in a glorious "Fuck you" to Adobe?

*That's in America. Here, it's $5000 so it's literally cheaper to buy a ticket to America, fly over there, purchase it on disc and fly back than to order it online. Because of International Commerce and Trade Treaty 116: Fuck Australia.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I've been on this board since before we switched to php and I think I've glossed over the search link for the longest period of time since I just use the google search box at the top. I'm an idiot.

Koumei: Adobe offers CS & CS2 for free now. Other than that, there are a whole bunch of Open source alternatives. GIMP or the GNU image manipulation program is the most popular and IMHO the best one out there. But if you are only familiar with photoshop then there's a learning curve attached to it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh no, I use GIMP for art (and only just learned how to scan an image then make the white transparent). I specifically mean Flash, which used to be a separate thing when owned by Macromedia and is now part of CS, not sure if it's in the free ones. I should tjeck that out when I buy my new laptop.

On a related note, I'll be getting said laptop soon, and it's leagues better than the current one (even at only $500), but... this laptop isn't *dead*, it's just prone to overheating, is generally slow, and is on its last legs. If completely wiped (and somehow opened up so dust can be blown out - this doesn't have screws and such, as though it were never meant to be opened and tampered with), it would probably be good for Internet browsing, playing movies, using IRC, office software and low-end games for another few years. But I only bought it 2-3 years ago.

1. Is that a bit fast for a laptop to be tapping out? My last one lasted a bit longer than that, and my desktop PC before that was still running fine after substantially longer and was only replaced because of the convenience of laptops. HP are usually reliable, but that seems kind of quick.

2. If I did in fact clean it all out, who do you talk to about donating laptops so they can be given to people who aren't middle-class spoiled white girls that can just afford this stuff? Is there some handy organisation that covers that sort of thing, or is it more a case of talking to the local council/the school about it and them pointing me in a direction?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I accept donated laptops... <furtive glance>
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

CS and CS2 are free now? Since when?

I heard a little while back (maybe a month ago?) that Adobe had made a fuckup and was letting people download CS2 for free, but that it was accidental and they stopped it just before I heard about it and could take advantage.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Does anyone speak or have a passing familiarity with Swahili? Apparently the new android based console, Ouya, means something impolite in that language, but, well, vulgar Swahili words are not exactly ubiquitous online.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The closest match would be the c-word that is censored on this site. It isn't just the body part, it has roughly the same level of offence attached to it.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Huh. Welp, definitely can't put that in an article.

shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

e-cigs... opinions? brands to try? brands to stay away from? success stories?
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Just another (expensive) way to kill yourself. Drink soda, much cheaper.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

seriously, all it does is change the smell for the people around you, as far as i can tell from observation . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Stahlseele wrote:seriously, all it does is change the smell for the people around you, as far as i can tell from observation . .
They mostly use a solution of nicotine suspended in propylene glycol, which obviously doesn't produce the tar that you get from burning tobacco leaves. As such, they're far safer. They probably won't give you lung cancer, which is a good thing.

That being said, they are really expensive, and nicotine is still a toxic pesticide.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Indeed, you're missing out on many of the toxins and carcinogens in regular cigarettes, but you're still getting nicotine. Which is the point of it, if you're already a smoker, finding a safer way to feed your addiction.

If you're not a smoker, then it's better just to not start, whether hand-rolled, pipe-smoked, cigarettes, cigars, e-cigs or chewing on n-patches.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

There is nothing wrong with e-cigarettes, assuming you're one of them thar queerosexuals.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Actually, the problem with e-cigarettes is that you don't actually ingest the nicotine in any way. Studies have shown that your body just does not absorb it. So... yeah, buy that expensive placebo.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Can you give a link to these studies?
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:Can you give a link to these studies?
I have nothing but speculation... however, the failed absorption kind of makes sense. Nicotine is absorbed through mucous membranes, which is a kinetically unlikely occurance because nicotine is a big molecule. It succeeds during smoking because you're inhaling all of vaporized nicotine extract from a cigarette, but the concentration of nicotine in the air is likely to be much smaller since it needs to appropriately suspended in solvent and solvent concentrations need be very large relative to their contained solutes.

This talked about an article in which cravings are reduced after smoking placebos, so you should just some of those.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.