Worst and/or Weirdest Exalted Moment...

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Erich_Zahn is not a dev to the best of my knowledge.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

It's certainly possible I was mistaken. Fairly sure the other poster was, though.
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

Holden is a dev, EricZahn is not a dev. And the moderation at SA is evidently shit.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:Dammit I can't find my Dragonblooded book and I haven't read it in a few years, but I was under the impression that the book, you know, was pretty tame about the vomit-inducing shit in the faction.
Comparatively, yeah, it is. And of the exalted books, dragonblooded 1e is my favorite, because you can make a functional game out of it with a group. But it still has the cognitive dissonance hump somewhere in the middle where the writer is clearly getting off on having 'deliciously dark' shit on pedophilia plopped down in the middle of game supplement. It is clearly there to be the edgy and 'dark alternative' thing that WW always felt compelled to jam in their books so they wouldn't be 'main stream.'
Last edited by Voss on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archmage Joda
Knight

Post by Archmage Joda »

As for the quotes from SomethingAwful: I don't know if it just speaks to my ignorance, but I didn't really see Holden being particularly terrible and banworthy in most of his posts, although EricZahn, whoever he is, the only surprise there is how long it took to ban him.

I am rather distressed, however, at Holden's apparent attitude that being urged not to repeat the same mistakes as previous editions of Exalted somehow equates to paying for those mistakes. It just doesn't seem a good stance for a developer to take, considering he still asserted that he wanted 3e Exalted to escape that same stigma.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Silent Wayfarer wrote:Borgstrom's work seems unnecessarily obtuse. Is this an accurate observation or am I a lazy casual?
You're not wrong.

I'd describe it as baroque instead, because I actually like her writing, but you're not wrong.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Sorry, I've been skipping those posts and will continue to do so-- if I read their specific ideas, I can't write anything that looks remotely like them, for legal reasons. I get the gist, though.
Argh.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

Voss wrote:
And family, but... yeah, they were a large part of the point. I kind of hope that you aren't saying because they didn't offer their child sex slaves to everyone that it was somehow OK that the house as a whole had child sex slaves. That one of the noble houses' 'thing' was pedophilia and orgies (consensual and non, since a lot of their business was also slaves) was my point.
That would be a bad way to phrase it, yes. To me it was more like some shit was so vile that even a Great House of the Empire with dirt on everyone through their illicit trade can't even practice it with any degree of open-ness. Anyway, if it was House Cynis stuff, then I must have glossed over it at some point, because my eyes glaze over when people do edgy tryhard crap like that.

There was also the whole Bride of the (not)Devil thing with the Empress, or next Empress or whatever (I honestly thought the official backstory was crap and horridbad for no reason so I largely ignored it and don't remember the details.
I honestly don't remember pedophilia as being a 'no-no' for the Dragonblooded. The one that really stood out as the ultimate crime (at least if you didn't go for martial arts) was 'not having children,' and more particularly not having children with another dragon exalt. You could fuck whoever/whatever on the side as long as you made minimal efforts to be discrete, but not breeding a child [by spouse, at least in theory] every decade or so was a punishable offense. (first socially, then family pulling resources, and ultimately legally).
Yeah, it's the duty of all DBs to perpetuate the bloodline. Not doing so is essentially treason against Creation because the DBs' duty is to defend Creation (fun fact, most of them are too slack, lazy and dissipated to do this).

Fucking unExalted is kind of bad because it dilutes the bloodlines, even if you get more (weaker) Exalts in the process. Also, there's huge inheritance issues and if a Dragon-Blooded bastard decides to make trouble because he feels shafted, it won't end well. Lookshy gives zero fucks because they breed for numbers, instead of the Realm which breeds for power.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Avor, you didn't post the most important bit of info: what was his avatar changed to?
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Sadly, your avatar also gets changed when you are banned. I tried an avatar history check, but he's been removed from the database apparently. It will forever be a mystery.

I can quote the Rap Sheet, if you like.
BAN 05/30/13 01:39pm Holden_Shearer You know if having to endure the slings and arrows of the outrageous accusations of the steaming herd bothers you that much, I can give you a hand in getting away from all of this.

PROBATION 05/30/13 01:37pm Holden_Shearer Now is not the time to "double down" as they might say on being a tremendously shitty poster. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

Avoraciopoctules, I will eat your soul with ketchup.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Every day is repost day! :)
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

What is this, an image for ants?
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

here's a bigger one. I'm currently running OCR on it to try to turn it into text.

EDIT: My OCR software is apparently pants, so no plaintext for you.
Last edited by RadiantPhoenix on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

So. How's the fucking Exalted 3E coming along? Good?
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.