Prince

Re: More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by Voss »

Oh... nibbling. Thats different.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1199499916[/unixtime]]Except they *did* give them breasts. Despite being specifically egg-laying reptiles.

ORLY???
That's good news!

.... and this is fuckin smart.

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1199500183[/unixtime]]
And Voss: She just likes chewing - ears, hair and the like. Nothing kinky. Just an affection thing. You could even say the horns are made of the same stuff as fingernails (so basically, hair), which would make them a little bit more chewy.

Fingernails, hair, and horn.. all the same material in nature. I won't even ask why the designers didn't state this outright, we all know why they didn't think of it.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1199499916[/unixtime]]Except they *did* give them breasts. Despite being specifically egg-laying reptiles.

Dragonborn? I didn't think they could reproduce at all. They are individually created from other creatures.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Not anymore. Thats the stupid 3.5 version. The 4e version is stupid in brand new ways!
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1199505788[/unixtime]]Not anymore. Thats the stupid 3.5 version. The 4e version is stupid in brand new ways!

Oh. I guess there's so much stupid I just can't keep up.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1199500183[/unixtime]]Oi, this one has squeezy bits on the front, what's that for? Better transfer it across, might be useful."

'Eh boss, dis 'umie 'ere'z got dese gubbinz on da front! Bettah not take 'em off, dey might be important.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, 40K Orks sort of sprung to mind while I was typing that.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

As I certainly don't remember the Races of the Fanboy chapter all that well and such (you know, not being a fanboy myself and all that), I can't say whether there's something else very stupid there (but I bet on it); but what, if anything, is specifically stupid on the way (and reason) dragonborn were made in 3.5?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Step 1: Get a human, kobold, dwarf, elf, or whatever (due to, would you believe, bad/no editing, there's debate over whether it's humanoid-only or not). Make sure they really like Bahamut and doing good, and really hate evil dragons.

Step 2: They talk to Bahamut a lot, then build themselves an egg that costs a hundred GP or so.

Step 3: They hatch. They now are a Dragonborn, a clumsy hybrid of race and template.

As a Dragonborn, Bahamut is everything to them. They love him completely. They also like doing good, and are basically permanent paladins that practically couldn't conceive of doing stuff that would make them fall. Seriously, this race gives you a mandatory personality. They also lose any interest in sex, and can't reproduce anyway.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1199386473[/unixtime]]There are also some dragonborn pics, for anyone who cares.
Personally... yeah. Those things walk up to a town gate, and they get a face full of arrows.

I don't see the problem, its not like hes tried to make them sexy. Although we haven't seen the women yet.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

Heh, it looks like the 30-second drawing concept/template/random monster:
1 - You are a human
2 - Add scales
3 - Add tail
4 - Tail not big enough, make bigger, like extra arm
5 - Give weapon, shield, helmet, make at least 1 thing glow
6 - Fangs/Poison/Claws/Horns? Claws and horns, definitely
7 - Pillage village
8 - Profit!

Mechanical representation:
1 - looks strong, give it +2 Str
2 - looks ugly, give it a -4 Cha penalty
3 - looks scaly, give it +1 NA

Woo! One new playable race done, take that new guy! I can make this shit up all day!
NoDot
Master

Post by NoDot »

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I will never understand what everyone's fascination with Batman is. I agree with Malisteen though.
technomancer
Journeyman

Post by technomancer »

Here's two (safe for work) reasons why people like batman.

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050610.h ... 50131.html
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Congratulations, Tempest Fennac! You are this week's quote of the week!

Tempest Fennac wrote:(alternatively, you could make all of the encounters slightly more difficult so that the Druid doesn't seem to be as overpowered as it is).
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I was unable to keep reading after more than a double hanful of it. Did noone ever get around to suggesting that he hand out shiny magic swords and pants to the other characters and then ramp up the difficulty?

-Username17
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

He's clearly asking advice of the wrong people.
Him- 'Summon's nature's ally' is a problem
Them- take away wildshape!

Really 2 pages of not addressing the actual problem seems a bit much.
Joy_Division
Apprentice

Post by Joy_Division »

Paladins, a crafter wizard and a Barbarian/Necromancer can't pull their weight by third level? Obviously the druid is the problem.
Confused_Jackal_Mage
NPC

Post by Confused_Jackal_Mage »

But the Barb/Necro gets to say BOTH of the classic lines!

"I put the laughter in slaughter!"
"I put the romance in necromancer!"

How can you lose with wit like that?
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

Props to the druid for realizing that the Hippogriffs are crazy-awesome at level 3:
AC15, 25 hp, +6 attack, +4 damage, +11 grapple, 3 attacks, 50' move, 100' fly, Dodge, Wingover, Scent, Darkvision, Low-light vision, and you can ride it.

On a serious note, what do you even expect a level 3 druid to DO? Their class abilities at level 3 are pretty limited to the Animal Companion, Wild Empathy, Nature Sense, Woodland Stride and Trackless Step. Their second-best spell against bandits is probably either Heat Metal or Summon Swarm.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

SunTzuWarmaster at [unixtime wrote:1199731974[/unixtime]]
On a serious note, what do you even expect a level 3 druid to DO? Their class abilities at level 3 are pretty limited to the Animal Companion, Wild Empathy, Nature Sense, Woodland Stride and Trackless Step. Their second-best spell against bandits is probably either Heat Metal or Summon Swarm.

About the only really great offense you can have at that point is if you cast Shillelagh on a great club. That'll let you out melee the tanks. Combine that with enlarge person and it can get real crazy. Of course you're going to have to pay a feat to get Martial weapon proficiency. So it's probably not worth it unless your DM allows feat retraining.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

This Slashdot 'Ask the 4e designers' thread might be worth something.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.