One Thread to Fix All of 3.5

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

One Thread to Fix All of 3.5

Post by infected slut princess »

Enough of all these dumb fuck threads full of dumb fuck house rules trying to "fix" 3.5 or whatever. From now on, this thread will be the ONE AND ONLY THREAD that will fix ALL 3.5'S PROBLEMS.

I'll get started:

PROBLEM: Fighters pretty much blow.
SOLUTIONS: Fighter class is banned!

PROBLEM: Lack of differences between the sexes.
SOLUTION: From now on, female characters start with -2 str and -4 int. Gay men get a +4 competence bonus to Profession: Waiter checks, and lesbos get +2 str, -8 Cha, and a +4 bonus to disguise when attempting to look like a dude of their own race.

PROBLEM: Little kitty cats are too powerful and can totally kill a level 1 character..
SOLUTION: Kitty cats just inflict subdual damage instead of regular damage.
Last edited by infected slut princess on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

burn it and play a real game that works. problem solved.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Cyberzombie
Knight-Baron

Post by Cyberzombie »

shadzar wrote:burn it and play a real game that works. problem solved.
Like what?
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

AD&D 2nd edition, phb and dmg only.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

So, we're all just posting our own one-paragraph fantasy heartbreakers? Cool.

Take Shadowrun 4th edition. Slice off every rule that interacts with electricity (inernal combustion engines have alternators, so they're out, too). Make Magician, Adept, and Mystic Adept qualities free, but PCs are forced to take one, because magic is why you're not an NPC. Apply preferred high magic campaign setting.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Alternatively, play the only game that really matters, namely burning the capitalist order to the ground.
Tumbling Down
Journeyman

Post by Tumbling Down »

B-but you guise, you can totally just use my homebrew 3.5-rebalance classes!

Rogue
Cleric
Wizard
Fighter
Necromancer
Druid
Ranger
Paladin
Barbarian
Knight
Archivist
Soldier
Fire Mage
Blackguard
Sorcerer

I call it 3.C :awesome:
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

sabs wrote:AD&D 2nd edition, No splats, phb and dmg only. Final Destination!
Had to.
Tumbling Down wrote:B-but you guise, you can totally just use my homebrew 3.5-rebalance classes!

Rogue
Cleric
Wizard
Fighter
Necromancer
Druid
Ranger
Paladin
Barbarian
Knight
Archivist
Soldier
Fire Mage
Blackguard
Sorcerer

I call it 3.C :awesome:
No bard, 2/10, will not play.
Last edited by Leress on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

The big problem with 3.5 is that decimals are hard. It's much better to round it down to 3 or up to 4.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Ice9
Duke

Post by Ice9 »

Just call it "D&D half of seven"; much clearer.
Last edited by Ice9 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Dice and abilities only get in the way, so every action is adjudicated by playing Bloody Knuckles with the DM.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Mask_De_H wrote:Dice and abilities only get in the way, so every action is adjudicated by playing Bloody Knuckles with the DM.
About halfway through the evening, players just lose the ability fail at anything, ever.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

The problem with D&D is a lack of granularity. To fix that, all d20 modifiers are multiplied by five and we roll d100 for any d20 roll. Additional tables of +1 to +4 fiddly bonuses are added for RAELIZARM.

Also, six second combat rounds are stupid and lack granularity. Everyone gets to act for six seconds while everyone is frozen. Combat rounds are now one second long. Movement speeds are divided by six. You get one standard action every six rounds.

The combat grid will have the squares changed from five feet to six inches.

I think that pretty much fixes everything. Once it's sufficiently realistic, everything else falls into place.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Chamomile wrote:
Mask_De_H wrote:Dice and abilities only get in the way, so every action is adjudicated by playing Bloody Knuckles with the DM.
About halfway through the evening, players just lose the ability fail at anything, ever.
Exactly. DMs are all power tripping assholes, so spilling their blood is figuratively and literally empowering to the players. :awesome:
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

I should get my old friend Squid to hunker down with me and rewrite the "GURPS-killer" we came up with in high school, "FWOCK". ("Fantasy World Of Coin Kinetics". Yes, flipping a coin is the RNG.)
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:I should get my old friend Squid to hunker down with me and rewrite the "GURPS-killer" we came up with in high school, "FWOCK". ("Fantasy World Of Coin Kinetics". Yes, flipping a coin is the RNG.)
So you mean like Bean.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/89574/BEA ... nd-Edition
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

JigokuBosatsu wrote:I should get my old friend Squid to hunker down with me and rewrite the "GURPS-killer" we came up with in high school, "FWOCK". ("Fantasy World Of Coin Kinetics". Yes, flipping a coin is the RNG.)
The image called to mind by that name is you flipping a coin into the air and then sucker-punching your friend when they follow it with their eyes.
Sakuya Izayoi
Knight

Post by Sakuya Izayoi »

Nerf clerics, or, more specifically, the shrine miko prestige variant.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Who needs to fix 3.5 when the future of gaming is already here?

There's an MC, there're player, classes and items. There are people telling stories and screaming at each other. It hits all the markers!

side note : Jigo, you and your daughter might like this. We ordered it for christmas. :3
Last edited by codeGlaze on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

How did they raise 300,000$?
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

OgreBattle wrote:How did they raise 300,000$?
I have no idea.

But the game looks like it could be incredibly fun with kids and imaginative adults. It's like :
"I SHOOT YOU WIT MAH LAZA BEEMZ!"
* 'NoWAI! I huz forcefeld up!!!!11'
"MAI LAZA BEEMS PENETRATE FORCEFELDZ!"
* 'Well I have forcefeld-penetrating-laza-beam reflectors!'
...except, you know, with a couple of rules and some general structure bolted on.
Last edited by codeGlaze on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Seerow
Duke

Post by Seerow »

Dungeons and Dragons players will often overlay D&D rules onto the game - don't even try to convince a D&D-playing judge that the Giant can defeat the Dwarf!
Dwarves confirmed OP. D&D Dwarves are reduced to humans with slower movement speed, no bonus feats or skills, and magnificent beards.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

TiaC wrote:
The image called to mind by that name is you flipping a coin into the air and then sucker-punching your friend when they follow it with their eyes.
Since the two of us were co-priests of a fairly active Discordian group, I would not be surprised if that actually happened, though I have no specific memory of it.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Restrict play to levels 1-5. If a player hits level 6, they are back to level 1 but in a higher tier. They now always succeed at anything against a lower tier opponent without needing to roll, but have to repick their abilities (their old abilities are useless against people in their current tier), which function normally against Tier 2 levels 1-5 opponents. All checks automagically succeed against lower tiers and conversely, fail against higher tiers. This is fully backwards compatible as you would merely have to divide a monster or (N)PC's ECL by 5, round up to calculate their tier, and if the tiers are different from the party, no need to bother any further, but if they are the same tier, you have to merely have to subtract the closest multiple of 5 below the ECL from the ECL and thematically rebuild the creature from scratch as a creature of this calculated level. As for non confrontational difficulty checks, use the same mechanism as the one for calculating creature level.

There we go. Fixed forever.