[TomeRefDoc] Request for contributions

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

RadiantPhoenix wrote:IIRC, "of" doesn't normally count for acronyms, so if we can find another "O" word to insert in there...
I've seen it used as a smal 'o'. (Like WoW)

So... CoCK.

A joke cover could be made.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

Maybe that would be what we would call the version with stuff like Dwarven pubic beards (from this thread) in it.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Clearly, Koumei's Cock Mage and Mister Sinister's Master of Cock should be in the document, if they're willing to let them added.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Aha! I knew I missed one.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

The only thing I've produced that made it into the link repository is the Spellherd; feel free to include it. It never seemed quite right, though, so if it does make it in I might go back and tweak it.
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Vebyast wrote:The only thing I've produced that made it into the link repository is the Spellherd; feel free to include it. It never seemed quite right, though, so if it does make it in I might go back and tweak it.
Just go back and tweak it and post about it.
If an earlier version of something is transcribed and then a BETTER version comes out... we can just update it.

We're not dealing with print runs. xD
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

codeGlaze wrote:We're not dealing with print runs. xD
Hah, true enough. :tongue:
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

Is this as dead as it looks?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Mmmm, well there's the contributions that people have all signed up to do, and then there's the task of actually putting it all into a thing, which only has a few people working on it.

I wouldn't say it's entirely dead, but work is sporadic at best. Feel free to edit in things yourself if you like and submit a pull request (https://github.com/SqueeG/awesomeTome) or PM it to someone or something like that.

I think that new work happens the most when people form new groups and realize that it's hard as hell to get people into Tome for the first time. Then, once a group is established enough that people are familiar with things, they slow down on project work and just do stuff for their own game. At least, that's how it is with me.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

So: SuperTome

Is this the same project as awesomeTome?
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

SuperTome is Lokathor's fork of the project. I have no idea if it is more or less complete, or how much it diverges from stuff posted here.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

TarkisFlux wrote:SuperTome is Lokathor's fork of the project. I have no idea if it is more or less complete, or how much it diverges from stuff posted here.
I kept tabs on it for a bit.
He touched just about everything, bringing it to his standards. :)

I still have a bunch of half finished stuff on my HDD...
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

awesomeTome on github is the new version meant to replace the awesometome on google code.

SuperTome is a project I threw together because my group was playing a Tome game at the time and I find LaTeX a relaxing thing to do while listening to podcasts. We used it as our "unofficial handbook" of included materials. Mostly because the players were mostly of the sort that didn't care to look outside of just one book for the things they wanted. When our group stopped playing our Tome game, I stopped working on SuperTome.
Last edited by Lokathor on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Lokathor wrote:awesomeTome on github is the new version meant to replace the awesometome on google code.

SuperTome is a project I threw together because my group was playing a Tome game at the time and I find LaTeX a relaxing thing to do while listening to podcasts. We used it as our "unofficial handbook" of included materials. Mostly because the players were mostly of the sort that didn't care to look outside of just one book for the things they wanted. When our group stopped playing our Tome game, I stopped working on SuperTome.
That explains the insane amount of LaTeX you seem to pump out randomly!