WTF, White Wolf?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Koumei wrote:
Rawbeard wrote:"farting is funny,
Citation fucking needed there. Breathing is barely tolerable, and it only gets worse from there.
I will cite my son and his best friend nextdoor.

Burping and farting and/or related noises are about the funniest thing in the world, to them.

Also... George Carlin and Family Guy.
sake
Knight

Post by sake »

Rawbeard wrote:So? Is rubbing your regular vampire blood on people any different? This is one of those "farting is funny, queefing is disgusting" things, isn't it?
No, it's one of those ' blood is kind of gross, blood covered gooey bits of discarded membrane. is absolutly fucking disgusting ' things
Cyberzombie
Knight-Baron

Post by Cyberzombie »

Schwarzkopf wrote: "If she touches it to a person before affecting them with a Discipline, they suffer her Blood Potency as a penalty to his Resistance. "

OH MY GOD DOES THIS MECHANICALLY INCENTIVIZE RUBBING YOUR PERIOD BLOOD ON A MOTHERFUCKER?

i am vomiting uncontrollably all over myself
Welcome to mature gaming in the World of Darkness.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

My wife confirmed that that merit was disgusting, tasteless, and stupid. I really don't think that people being revolted by menstrual blood being smeared on things is because "lady parts are gross." Menstrual blood is chunky and has sloughed off membranes and mucous in it and stuff. Menstrual blood is, quite simply, pretty disgusting.

Which is definitely not to say that a group of matriarchal vampire sorcerers shouldn't have crazy crap to do with menstrual blood. Obviously they should. But running around with a handful of menstrual blood trying to smear it on people so they get your magic cooties is not that thing. It is obviously not that thing, because that's the kind of juvenile gross-out maneuver that someone might come up with to do with a used tampon if they were five.

Collecting menstrual blood in ornate goblets to say prayers over while the moon rises? Yes. Throwing used tampons at people to give them cuties? Hell no. That's Black Tokyo levels of prurient juvenile gross-out shenanigans.

-Username17
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, making a tampon launcher so you can get your Dominate on sounds more like South Park than witchcraft and that's exactly what you will get if it's a combat speed trick. What they really need is more slow ritual magic that is worth performing in the first place. Then you could just bake bonuses into the system for having a material components asset and let people make up whatever bullshit they want.
bears fall, everyone dies
Mord
Knight-Baron

Post by Mord »

Crossbow bolts dipped in vamperiod blood? Yes, that is exactly what we all needed to really get on board with NWoD. Pardon me while I buy all the books.
sake
Knight

Post by sake »

Clearly what you need to do is find a way to areosolize it, so you dual wield a can of it, and a can of bear mace.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Or mix the mace with the aerosolized blood and go to town with two of those.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.