Pokemon SAME

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Pokemon SAME

Post by the_taken »

I'll be calling it Pokemon d20 on the Wizo boards.
Basically it's Frank's four stat system applied to the "elemental" system of Pokemon. This project is a boon to the pkmn RPers, who are trying to fit the original 8 stat system into D&D.

The Basics - A Recap of SAME put into pkmn

SAME: the four base stats every pokemon has. These each affect some other stats, which change depending on the pokemon's species and evolution. Agility and Moxy together determin Speed, along with the pokemon's species adjustment.

Strength - Physical Damage and Soak
Agility - Physical Accuracy and Evasion
Moxy - Special Accuracy and Evasion
Elan - Special Damage and Soak

Accuracy = 1d20 + Agility/Moxy + Buff Adjustments + Technique Adjustments + Item Bonus
Evasion = 8 + Agility/Moxy + Buff Adjustments + Item Bonus
Speed = Moxy + Agility + Buff Adjustments + Species Bonus + Badge Bonus
Damage = Base Technique Damage + Strength/Elan + Species Bonus + Buff Adjustments + (Accuracy - Evasion)/2 + Badge Bonus + Buff Adjustments + STAB + Item Bonus
Soak = 1d20 + Strength/Elan + Species Bonus + Badge Bonus + Buff Adjustments + Armor + Item Bonus + Type Advantages
if Damage > Soak, Wounds received = 1 + (Damage - 1 - Soak)/2

Wounds: Every point of damage that is not reduced by Soak increases the wound count by 1. When a pokemon takes 10 wounds, it's knocked unconscious.

STAB: Same Type Attack Bonus
When a pokemon uses an attack that shares the same type as the pokemn, the Damage increases by 2

Type Advantages:
A pokemon gains a +4 bonus to Soak an attack type it resists. A pokemon takes a -4 penalty to Soak an attack type it is weak against. Multiple resistances and immunities stack.
Type immunity prevents all damage.

Leveling up:

Effort Points:
For every 5 full fights a pokemon perfoms in, it gets 1 Effort Point. An EP grants a pokemon 1 point it can alocate to a SAME stat. However, a SAME stat may not be more 6 points greater that any other. Switching pokemon during a fight creates a fraction.

Experiance Points:
For every twenty full fights a pokemon performs in, it gets an Experiance Point. An XP causes all of a pokemon's SAME statsto be raised by 1.

Badges: Badges a trainer has aquired from gym leaders inspire confidence and loyalty in his/her pokemon. They grant the pokemon a Badge Bonus to Accuracy, Evasion, Soak or Damage of either Physical or Special, or Speed. Which stat depends apon the individual badge.
Multiple bagdes that grant the same bonus do not stack.

Evolving a Pokemon:
XP and EP combine to determin when a pokemon evolves.

A Pokemon can only aquire a total of 14 EP and 6 XP. This is to keep the numbers within a playable range while emulating some of the video games' individualizing mechanics.

-------------------------

So much for the easy part. Now I have to determine how all 386 Pokemon's stats translates to SAME and how every single move translates to SAME. One at a time.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Re: Pokemon SAME

Post by CalibronXXX »

Rather Industrious, aren't you?

I'm glad to see someone taking the skeleton of SAME and wrapping it in the meaty goodness of a full blown system.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

It's the caffeine. I just discovered it's magic.
-------------------
I'm not going to look at species or moves 'till I'm happy with the leveling up method. I like the restrictions I placed, but not the actual power gathering technique. It seams so... bleh.

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Something from the Anime d20 section of the Wizo Boards:
the_taken wrote:I've just started my development of a d20 Pokemon conversion. While I don't like this groups or Juggernaut's mechanical inspiration, I do like one particular literary piece that developped here.

ArgulFraster wrote:Running a pure Pokemon campaign strikes me as dull. I'd get bored and decide to multiclass into Sorcerer...yeah. Things would go downhill from there, until I ended up as Grand Champion And Dominator, with an army of creatively messed-up Pokemon and Mewtwo as an advisor.

What I'd really like to do is make a campaign where the Pokemon world was built in an intrinsically different fashion-cities are bigger, wildernesses are smaller, and people fight Pokemon themselves as a regular occurrence, rather than a few "wackos." I see the base Pokemon universe as rather cowardly-people are surrounded by incredibly powerful creatures, so instead of training themselves and becoming their equals, they hide behind Pokeballs and never have the guts to actually kick that 2nd-level Rattata in the face.

Granted, Machop may be able to kick a trained fighter's butt. But in the D&D world, a wrestler is...what? 2nd, 3rd level Warrior or Fighter?

I see Pokemon standing aside their true partners, rather than acting as meatshields. A team of fighters charging into battle with their Pokemon aside them, rather than wussing out and sending them before them. A world of the sort that Lucario and the Mystery Of Mew showed to us set forward several hundred years, where the Pokeball was never invented on a grand scale and actual work has to be put into training your pokemon, rather than having your thralls whale on a carefully-set-up "gym leader" and gaining a mysterious symbol that somehow makes you capable of controlling an animal-like force of nature.

Lietenant Surge gave us a brief view of what that world might be like-he charged into battle, his pokemon aside him, rather than sitting back and yelling for them to make prearranged attacks.

Imagine a horde of barbarians charging into battle, astride Rhyhorns and Rapidash. Picture a warrior with a sparking sword fighting off those who challenge him as his mouselike companion channels his energy through his partner's weapon. Imagine powerful psychics who meld their powers with that of their Abras, or Kadabras, or Alakazams. Imagine Channelers who fade in and out of the shadows, attacking in turn with their Gastly. Imagine Fishermen atop their Gyarados steeds, challenging the world! And the Elite Four...those who have studied so well and fought so long with their Pokemon that they have a bond nigh precognition...

That's the kind of world I want. That's the kind of world Pokemon should have. No messing about with Pokeballs and X Attacks. No fiddling with X Specials and EXP. SHARES. And TMs a rare and valuable commodity Warrior Trainer and Pokemon can use alike.
Purely inspiring.
This has actually answered my question as to why pokemon obey their trainers.

tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1187135876[/unixtime]]It's the caffeine. I just discovered it's magic.

It is my will alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is the juice of caffeine, that thoughts acquire speed.
The speed becomes a stain - upon my coffee cup.
It is my will alone that sets my mind in motion.

But otherwise this looks good.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Why do Pokemon obey their trainers?
Machop is way stronger than any human body builder, yet it will punch critters it has never met before on command. A little kid's order no less. Why would it do that?

SAME stats. Humans, just like pkmn, have SAME stats. Pkmn instinctively react to these stats, responding to these levels and submitting their will to them. Most often only to stronger ones, but trained Pokemon will obey most peoples.

New rules:
PCs, playing as humans, will have SAME stats like a pkmn. This increase as the human trainer has his/her pokemon fight. Although he gains XP and EP differently, and that's by having battles with other trainers, with the same rate as Pokemon would gain by fighting others.

Pokemon only obey trainers they can respect. So while a Charizard may have a large bonus damage and soak, he will obey his trainers commands if the trainer's SAME stats are high enough.

Pokemon will obey the commands of a trainer if either of it's second highest stat is no more than 4 higher than one of it's trainers.

Unfortunetly, because of my level up system, it's impossible for you to train one of your Pokemon so much it will disobey.

Level up rule change. an XP increases all SAME stats by 1. And there's a total of 14 EP to have. A stat still may not be more 6 higher than the lowest.

Back to Pkmn obediance.

Misty's stats: 3XP, 12 EP. SAME 3/7/7/7
Gyarados: 6XP, 14EP, SAME 12/11/6/9

Tom Ato's stats: 6xp, 14 EP. SAME 7/7/12/12
Charizard's stats: 6xp, 14 EP. SAME 12/12/7/7

In the two examples, Gyarados will obey Misty even though she has less XP, while Tom's dragon Pokemon doesn't always listen 'cause neither Tom's S or A are high enough to earn Charizard's respect, even though they're of the same level.

Thoughts?

Edit-> More rule ideas. Trainers have up to two types, just like pkmn. When a trainers shares a type with a pkmn, their stats count as one higher for the purpose of controlling their Pokemon. 2 shared types means a +2 bonus as well.
However, Pokemon add their evolution level to their own stats for obediance purposes.

So in the above examples, Misty is a Water type trainer. Even though Gyarados gains +1 for being a higher evolution, it still obeys Misty due to her sharing Gyarados type. While Tom would need a 10 in S or A to control the Charizard, because Tom has chosen Electric and Bug as his types, and Charizard is evolution +2.

Another idea: If a Pokemon is of a type which a trainer's type is weak against, the trainer get's a -1 penalty to determine obedience. Now Tom is screwed. Charizard if a Fire/Flying pkmn, both types Bug is weak against, meaning Tom takes a -2 penalty to get Charizard to obey. Tom would need a 12 in S or A.

Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1187202851[/unixtime]]Pokemon will obey the commands of a trainer if either of it's second highest stat is no more than 4 higher than one of it's trainers.

That sentence doesn't parse. If I try to make it parse with minimal edits, it doesn't seem to be consistent with the following examples.

I think you want to say something like:

"A pokemon will obey the commands of a trainer if at least one of the pokemon's two highest stats is no more than four points higher than the trainer's corresponding stat."

Which is possibly easier to understand if you invert it:

"A pokemon will only disobey the commands of a trainer if the pokemon's two highest stats are both at least 5 points higher than the trainer's corresponding stats."
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I have trouble doing languages. Allot of typos appear. Even english, my best language.

Care to be my editor?

"A Pokemon will obey the commands of a trainer if at least one of the Pokemon's two highest stats is no more than four points higher than the trainer's corresponding stat."

---------------------------------------------------

The Power of Attacks: In the video games, the power of attacks increased to shorten the length of fights. I will be assigning the damage of attacks based apon this principle.

Low power moves, like Tackle and Metal Claw will deal a base 15 to 17 points of damage.
Medium power moves like Cross Chop and Wing Attack will deal a base of 18 to 20 points of damage.
High power moves like Earthquake and Flamethrower, 21 to 23
Very High power moves like Solar Beam* and Over Heat can have a base damage up to 26.
Self-destruct will deal a base 30 points, and Explosion will deal a base 34.

Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I'm already working on Perilous, which is enough of a timesink for the time being.

Good luck with your system, though.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

As of Diamond and Pearl, there are 493 Different Pokemon, with 4 different version of Deoxys and three different versions of Wormadam For a total of 498 Pokemon stats.
There's also different 467 moves, at least three of which have crazy statistics (metronome, hidden power, secret power).

If I do ten PkMn a day, and ten moves a day, I'll be done by Halloween.

Idea: I'll start an online quiz to see where humans are compared to PkMn in terms of stats, and base every thing around that. So humans have no species modifiers of their stats while Pokemon are all adjusted accordingly.

Edit-> Found a site Dedicated to PkMn with dedicated fan forumns.

http://www.marriland.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... br][br]The first poll is up! How strong is a human?

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Ok, stating out Pokemon is easy, 'till I have to copy out the attacks and the special ability. I'm going to get one of the kids on that forumn to help me.

Edit-> I created a simple chart to translate PkMn base stats to the same system. It worked elegantly, and Got me a pat on the back from myself.
Three hours later, I'm trying to figure out how to translate the attacks over. I go thru and spend over an hour doing math tests to gauge the power of attacks and get a ratio of power to defence and which move is the middle ground of power, and create a simple chart to work with. I save the chart in a file, next to the base stat translation chart. Guess what? They're identical. :disgusted:

CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Heh, Irony.

Well this is a very nice piece of work you've got so far. If you're really interested in an editor I could oblige you.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Pokemon SAME v0.9

While doing some mathematical tests of Frank's four stat system, I came to the conclusion that using a model closer to the numbers found in the original PkMn video games will work best for retaining the game balance that was found there. Sorry frank, but perfect numerical balance will not be achieved here. But don't worry, I know exactly who's gonna get screwed by this system.

The Base Stats: Each of the following describes the numbers that appear on a pokemon's stat sheet. The Pokemon's species, EVs and Level will modify these values.

HP: Base of 10
Physical Attack (Att): How powerful some of the PkMn's attacks are
Physical Defence (Def): Reduces the amount of damage a PkMn takes from some attacks
Speed (Spd): Which PkMn goes first?
Special Attack (SAt): How powerful some of the PkMn's attacks are
Special Defence (SDf): Reduces the amount of damage a PkMn takes from some attacks

The Combat Variables: These numbers deal with attacks. Keep track of them during a fight, as buff moves like Calm Mind can change them.
Accuracy Roll: 1d20 - move's penalty + buffs + special abilities
Evasion Score: 8 + buffs
Base Damage: This number is based entirely on the move.
Total Damage: Move's Base Damage + Physical/Special Attack + Accuracy Roll Bonus + Buffs
Soak Roll: 1d20 + Physical/Special Defence + Buffs
Final Damage: Total Damage - Soak Roll

How combat works:
A fight begins, the pokemon are out of the balls and it's time to declare attacks. This system works in the same way as the video game, with simple changes to incorporate dice instead of calculus.

First determine which pokemon's turn it is. This is done by comparing each pokemon's speed. Obviously, the pokemon with a higher speed goes first.

The pokemon now performs an attack routine. This could be anything from a Charizard blasting out fire from it's mouth, to a Gyarados bashing the ground to cause an earthquake. An individual routine's description can be found in chapter X.

Determine whether a routine succeeds or not. Some routines automatically work, such as buffs like Swords Dance, while other require an accuracy roll vs the target's evasion.

An attack move only hits if the accuracy roll is higher than the evasion score.

Normally, for every two additional points an accuracy roll exceeds the Evasion score a point is added to the total damage.

Determine the effects of a move. Damaging moves require the defending pokemon to make a Soak roll vs the attacking move's total damage.

The defending pokemon looses one HP if the Final damage is equal to 1, and looses 1 additional HP for every two additional points of total damage.

A pokemon passes out once it's HP is equal to or less than 0.

Type Advantages:
STAB: When a pokemon uses an attack move that it shares a type with, the Total Damage increases by 3
Weakness: When a pokemon is subject to an attack type that it is weak against, the defending pokemon's Soak Roll is penalized by 3. This penalty stacks with itself, so a pokemon with two types that are weak against the same attack penalizes the defender's Soak Roll by 6.
Strong Defence: On the flip side, when a pokemon is subject to an attack type it resists, the defender's Soak Roll in given a +3 bonus. This bonus stacks with itself as well.
Additionally, the bonuses and penalties stack, and can therefore cancel each other out.
Ineffective Attacks: Some Types grant outright immunity to certain attack Types.

Leveling up:
Unlike other RPG games, a Pokemon starts at level 0. The benefit of gaining levels appears in the following chart. EV means Effort Value, and is one point which is applied to one of the base stats.

Level - Benefit
Lvl 1 +1 EV
Lvl 2 +1 EV
Lvl 3 +1 EV
Lvl 4 +1 to all stats
Lvl 5 +1 EV
Lvl 6 +1 EV
Lvl 7 +1 EV
Lvl 8 +1 to all stats
Lvl 9 +1 EV
Lvl10 +1 EV
Lvl11 +1 to all stats
Lvl12 +1 EV
Lvl13 +1 EV
Lvl14 +1 to all stats
Lvl15 +1 EV
Lvl16 +1 EV
Lvl17 +1 to all stats
Lvl18 +1 EV
Lvl19 +1 EV
Lvl20 +1 to all stats

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I'm having trouble coming up with a good system for leveling up, acquiring XP and learning attacks.

Any suggestions?

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

There have been lots of different reasons given why Pokemon follow their human masters. It really depends upon what it is that you're doing with them.
  • The "Super Stylers" emit powerful music that dominates Pokemon, allowing you to force them to do anything even until the Pokemon dies.

• The Stylers of the Rangers create a temporary empathic bond between the Pokemon and the Ranger. This allows them to essentially "borrow" Pokemon in the wild to assist with tasks, but it also allows them to free dominated Pokemon.

• Dark Balls turn Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon, which makes them very sad but also unable to resist the commands of someone with the proper Shadow Interface. Pokemon who are rescued with snag balls (or potentially "repeatedly stabbing their dark master in the face") are pathetically greatful and will follow their rescuers pretty much anywhere.

• Basic Pokeballs specifically work better for Pokemon who see thigns like you do. Again, I think they work on the Empathic level. Villainous organizations have a difficult time getting Chancy to work for them. The conceit in the Pokemon games is that your character has justice in his heart and a bug up his ass so every Pokemon is willing to work for you at least once you've shown yourself by besting some of the gym challenges. But supposedly other people in the world can't do that.

-Username17
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Image - "You gon' get raped!"

Image - "lol wut?"
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Next time, use a shiny wooper.

----------------------

Since the level up system is giving me physical pain, I'm going to simplify it and have it all based on Rule X.
You're PkMn gains a level when the GM and player agree, a PkMn gains a new attack when the GM and player agree, and a PkMn evolves when the GM and player agree.
There. Done. Easy. Simple. Let's get on with our lives.

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Well. I got a guy to help me write some flavour text. Enjoy:

Pokenomics
"All boys leave home someday. It said so on TV."

Let's start with the simplest possible breakdown of why ten year old children are allowed, nay, ENCOURAGED to go out into the world, unsupervised, and engage in what effectively amounts to legalized cockfighting [BTW, that IS the actual name of the illegal sport where chickens fight each other].

The reason is this very unpleasant one: Its to avoid child labour camps. Yes, this seems a little bit Farfetch'd [heh heh. I'm Punny], but in a world where ten year olds are sent out to commit acts of egregious violence and highway robbery, it becomes quite a bit more reasonable.

What highway robbery is this, you ask? Didn't you ever notice that anytime you won a trainer battle you got some money? This leads me to a simple conclusion: Those are the stakes of a Pokemon battle, the contents of your wallet. Which means that the economics of the Pokemon League are designed as a pyramid scheme, with the Master of the Elite Four being the richest person in the world, by virtue of having robbed everyone else.

The next problem to be addressed is the Pokemon Professors, who are known for giving out free Pokemon to underprivileged children. Why? Simple. They're Communists. As children they failed as trainers, spiralled into the aforementioned child labour camps, and are now socialist revolutionaries trying to undermine the system. What they don't seem to realize is that they are only perpetuating the cycle by allowing these underprivileged children to be sucked into the mafia overworld that is the Pokemon League.

And why can't Trainers be peaceful about they're business? Well, there's another easy answer. The world of Pokemon is, after all, based on Japanese customs and values. One of the most notable of historic Japanese customs is the Bushido Code, which would seem to have undergone an insane renaissance in the world of Pokemon, simply because you never even have the option of TRYING to decline a challenge.

At this point, some of the more astute among my audience may be wondering why schools don't enter the equation. There is a simple answer for this, as well. The school systems in the world of Pokemon would appear to be private schools, meaning that any child wishing to attend school must be able to afford the tuition. Therefore, in order to free themselves from a future of child labour, children must doom themselves to a future of child labour, allowing only the bourgeois who always have been, and always will be, rich to send their children to school. (As evidenced by James' backstory.)

The next issue to be addressed is food supply. Because all of those child labour camps would be sending kids out to be farmers. Why? Consider, for a moment, the kind of technology that is readily available in the Pokemon world. We'll start with Pokeballs and Bill's Pokemon Storage System. These two pieces of technology both give solid evidence that matter-energy conversion technology is readily available in the world of Pokemon. For that high level of technology to be readily available, suggests a MASSIVE high-tech industry, which is capable of ignoring several of the laws of physics. And yet, how often do you see farmers in your journeys throughout the Pokemon world? This makes one sad fact true: A widescreen plasma TV would cost less than a bowl of rice, because of the inarguable principles of supply and demand. There would be storehouses filled with hundreds of thousands of every electronic luxury you could imagine, and it would all be up for grabs because no-one would care.

--------

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I actually don't think pokemasters are taking each others' wallets during their treks across the world. If you watch the cartoon, no money is changing hands at these points. Heck, even in the computer games, you don't see wallets passing back and forth in Ranger or Troze or Snap.

Like in the first two GTA games, the instant pile of money you get is just an abstraction. Magical fairies aren't literally going up to your character and handing him a c-note every time you run over an Elvis impersonator.

Winning battles will ultimately get you more sponsorship and shit. Losing battles will cut your sponsorships down. People aren't literally rummaging through your pockets after your bulbasaur goes down.

-Username17
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I don't consider the anime Pokemon cannon. I consider it its own separate cannon. If I could get my hands on the comic that may affect my opinion.

I understand your point, but then how is your sponsorship being affected by some random battle the middle of Mt.Moon? Or Pay Day attack?
Maybe in the show they skip the part where the loser unloads his greens because the producers don't want to encourage the kids at home to wager on their digital battles. Ya, know? Encouraging illegal gambling and stuff.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I take the anime with a grain of salt certainly, but I think it's important as a consideration of the overall world. The comic as well.

The Pokemon Journey is something that, according to the show (and heavily implied in the GB games), many children do for about a year when they are between 8 and 14. Some few children stay on that journey their whole lives (Ash and company, for example), but most grab a few Pokemon and settle down somewhere getting the Pokemon to do much of the heavy lifting in their lifetime profession.

In short: Kanto is a slave-holding society where the children of the master class are sent out to live off the land and fight each other for a whole year right around the time of puberty. Does that sound familiar? It should.

This Is Sparta!

-Username17
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I never got that implication from my GB games, but maybe going thru it again would make it apparent now that I'm looking for it.

I discovered a problem with this system. Multi-attack moves like Cloyster's Spike Cannon are way more hardcore than in the video game.
the_taken on Marriland wrote:Floats the Cloyster unleashes a hail of spines fired from it's shell.
Spike Cannon accuracy (5d20 {17,17,9,20,1}) Hit 4 times.
2 with bonus damage +4
1 with bonus damage +5
1 with no bonus damage

Soak rolls (1d20+2=6, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=8 vs 20, 20, 21, 16

Total HP lost: 17

I know this was crit-city, but damn...

I simply put the multi attack moves to be low powered and have them all go off together. Was this a mistake?

Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

Increasing number of attacks multiplies expected damage.

Slapping a modifier on attack or soak rolls adds to (or subtracts from) expected damage.

Guess what? You can't possibly balance one against the other except within an extremely tight numerical range. And x5 is a rather big multiplier.

Suggestion: a multi-attack lets you make N attack rolls and take the best one (and/or forces target to make N soak rolls and take the worst one). This changes the expected result of the die roll by a predictable amount (for a fixed N) and so it should be possible to roughly balance against some penalty to the attack or damage. Also gives you more consistent results than a regular attack, which will generally benefit the PCs.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1190403002[/unixtime]]I take the anime with a grain of salt certainly, but I think it's important as a consideration of the overall world. The comic as well.

The Pokemon Journey is something that, according to the show (and heavily implied in the GB games), many children do for about a year when they are between 8 and 14. Some few children stay on that journey their whole lives (Ash and company, for example), but most grab a few Pokemon and settle down somewhere getting the Pokemon to do much of the heavy lifting in their lifetime profession.

In short: Kanto is a slave-holding society where the children of the master class are sent out to live off the land and fight each other for a whole year right around the time of puberty. Does that sound familiar? It should.

This Is Sparta!

-Username17

Maybe the humans have an eventual Fall of Rome scenario when outside influences cause the master-slave dynamic to destabilize.
Then humans are driven to hunt the monsters with crude weapons of steel... or wait, that's just D&D?

I was pondering recently exactly how ridiculous it was that adults in the 'Pokemon world' would be as concerned with Pokemon and as fluent with the terms as the kids, but then I remembered that the entire world's history is centered around these ecosystem-independent yet common beings.

It's weird that there are no Pokemon-wide viral plagues or mass extinctions yet they all share common DNA?
No relation to 'natural creatures', so it's a divergent evolution somewhere along the line.

And some are OK for eating, while others are pack animals, and others are talking friends.
It's just fucked up, I tell you.

Ah, anime...

"I have Wooper for dinner tonight, then I'm out to go train my Wooper to kill more Woopers."
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Ok... so if Spike Cannon's damage was 12 with 5 attacks, while being power 25 with attacks in the VG. Was expected to average out at 3 attacks with a chance of getting crits on each attack, so average power in the one move is about 80. So the move is now base 18 in same, but with the re-roll function looses power for stability.

Power 15 with two Accuracy Rolls, pick the highest. The defender makes two Soak rolls and takes the lowest?

2d20.takeHighest(1)=15, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=9, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=14, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=12, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=4, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=16, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=17, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=8, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=14, 2d20.takeHighest(1)=18
Soak: (
5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=10, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=20, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=18, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=10, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=11, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=12, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=9, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=21, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=8, 5+2d20.takeLowest(1)=11)

Excelent. The numbers are still within an acceptable range, though it's on the high end most often.

Thank you Manxome.