[LP] The Riddling Reaver!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk O'Killitwithfire is silent; the others are already asking the questions that he would have, so he decides to continue to let them do the talking. Unless he thinks of something specific to ask, that is.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

'As with most beasts, I find that simply treating it well, feeding it (it likes pork best, I think), speaking in soothing tones, reassuring it if it gets startled (and so on), works best. Things to especially avoid... ah, well, it seemed to be provoked by waving motions. They had to keep it below decks on the voyage, or the sails would have tormented it. Also, it startles at loud noises.'
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

"Right....one last question.....does it like apples?"
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

'Ah... no. Fruit or vegetables of any kind aren't good for it in any case.'
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Would you happen to have any pork on hand?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

He does not. But as salt pork can be found in your Provisions, it is not a troubling absence.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

"Damn....the thing is half-cow and half-human, why on earth would it be a carnivore? Oh well....." he turns to his companions. "If the rest of you don't have any other questions, I suggest we prepare some soaked cloths to wrap around our noses before we head to one of them freight barns. That should help some against the beast's poison breath if we're unlucky enough to antagonize it."

He casts a glance at the silk cloak he was thinking of pawning not too long ago. "Well, at least there can be some use for that!" he mutters.

---

OOC: Would any of the silk clothing happen to be red? And with enough of it to be turned into a bullfighter's cape? :tongue:
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

OOC: Would any of the silk clothing happen to be red? And with enough of it to be turned into a bullfighter's cape? :tongue:
Sure.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Thread's tags are fucked.

Unless any of his companions have any more questions to ask, Dirk O'Killitwithfire will head off to the docks.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Works for me.

Sir Puppykicker will take his own advice and pause to soak a strip of cloth torn from his silk clothing in the sea to wrap around his face as possible defense against poison breaths before he enters any barn yards.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

^ Sounds like a good plan. Willie will do the same.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

As you make your way through the streets to the docks, you pass a guard patrol making for the market.
The docks are dirty, dark, smelly and full of the shadiest characters you have ever seen. Mysterious robed figures loiter on every corner, and youhave the distinct feeling that unseen eyes are watching your every move. As you approach the large wooden storage barns which line the waterfront, you stop in your tracks. The barn door furthest from you creaks open, and two shady figures emerge, manhandling what appears to be a body. They drag it to the quayside and drop it into the sea. As they slide back towards the barn, you hear shouting from inside the huge building.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Stay to eavesdrop a bit.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dirk will surreptitiously head over to the quayside and see if he can glimpse the body before it sinks.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

If it's not too late, Dirk follows Willie Johnson and Sir Puppykicker in covering his mouth with the silk. And he follows his fellow Dirk in sneaking over in an attempt to get a look at the body.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Those who went to examine the body see that it seems to be in no danger of sinking. Instead it floats, bobbing a little on the waves. The poor man has plainly been ill-treated. His face is swollen and purplish-black, his clothes torn, his flesh badly bruised and marked with shallow gouges that seem too rough to be the work of steel weapons.

Those who listened to the noise from the barn hear the practiced voice of a barker rise above the general din: 'Come now, who shall be next? Challenge the mighty Minotaur of Mellizand! Who is brave and hardy enough to last one turn of the glass? It's a small risk for the prize of 100 gold pieces! Step forth, don't be modest!'
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dirk asks Dirk if he would do him the honour of holding the weathervane while he loots the corpse.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

For once, Sir Puppykicker's attention isn't on the looting. He has his mind on a bigger prize.

"From the sound of it," he whispers, "that Minotaur is in there. They seem to using it as a pit fighter. It can't be in a good mood now if it's been forced to kill people for sport.....as if we don't already have enough evidence on that!" he makes a gesture towards the mutilated corpse.

"Anyway.....the difficult part is to get the Minotaur out alive and back to its owner if we can. I don't think it'll be too trusting or obedient at the moment from the look of things, and I reckon those thugs in there will have something to say about us trying to take it away. Not that we can't handle them, of course, but chances are the Minotaur might run away, or worse, try to kill us in the confusion. Ignatius did say it startles at loud noises, and it sounds pretty noisy to me in there already

"I think we can use some back-up but we need to keep them from seeing it coming. I think we should send Dappa back to fetch the Baron's guards. One or two of us can stay out hear and wait for them. We need to time this so that the guards only show their faces when we're ready. Whomever stays outside here will listen to what's going on and give the signal to the guards when needed. Meanwhile, those of us inside that barn will try to get close to the Minotaur, so that when those thieves start running at the news of the guards, we can stop them from trying to take the Minotaur with them. Getting close probably won't be too hard.....if it's being used as a pit fighter, perhaps 1 or more of us can take up the challenge. We must take care not to kill it by accident of course, but just play defensive and drag out the fight as long as possible until the guards arrive. What do you guys think?"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk agrees to his fellow Dirk's request.

(Can Dirk hear what Sir Puppykicker is saying, or is he too far away?)
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I assume the whisper is to keep the details out of general earshot, but we can assume Puppykicker crept over to the corpse-gatherers to present his plan.
The body bears nothing beyond its wounds and some raggedy clothing. It is likely that he has already been robbed, by the ones who disposed of him if no-one else.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:I assume the whisper is to keep the details out of general earshot, but we can assume Puppykicker crept over to the corpse-gatherers to present his plan.
Yep.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

How many people are in there, roughly speaking?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

At a guess, 50-150.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"Or, we could go inside as spectators, or even fighters. One of us could make a distraction (start a fire, for example) and in the resulting commotion we can kidnap backrescue the minotaur.

But the plan with the guards sounds OK, too. I'm just worried they'll get spotted before long and give the scoundrels a chance to escape with our quarry."
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

"That might work.....but I think we'd need some other sort of distraction. I don't think anything with a beast's head will react well to fire.

The guards should take a while to arrive, probably enough for us to get in there and get close to the beast. And if those thugs are trying to run from the guards, it won't be easy for them to bring a Minotaur with them. I imagine it won't be too cooperative, and we'll be there to stop them, too. I think trying to stop a bunch of guys from running away with a Minotaur might be easier than us trying to run away from them with a Minotaur, no?"