League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Double postin'

I love stealing Alistar for support right now. People will pick against him like he's top lane, and he sets up a lot of ridiculous combos for late (Alistar + Ori or Yasuo are my favorites). His lane presence is pretty shit except for heal and gank assistance/prevention, but who cares. Alistar can crush teamfights later.

One fun thing is how well Alistar denies other Relic Shield supports. You can headbutt them off the cannon and they'll either have to burn a spell (risky) or have the adc take that cs. Feels good.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Meh, I have too much trouble getting his combo going.
I went a whole game without getting a single one off last week.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Having low ping helps but like any combo it's just a matter of muscle memory. Go into a custom game and do it against minions until you can do it like 20x without failing and you'll never fail it again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Surgo wrote:Having low ping helps but like any combo it's just a matter of muscle memory. Go into a custom game and do it against minions until you can do it like 20x without failing and you'll never fail it again.
I don't even know what the fucking timing is on the combo.

I've seen two descriptions:
1) Hit button then weight slightly then hit other button.
2) Hit button then spam click other button as fast as you can.

So basically..... Fuck you if you don't know the timing, no one will tell you. I mean, it doesn't really matter, because Alister top is wet donkey piss when he faces my Nasus, and since he's a support played top, the inevitable nerf is coming.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I never timed it but I'm pretty sure it's just a quarter second after you hit W. There's only like 5 or 6 different timing possibilities though, so you can really just run through them until you find the correct one.

I don't spam or anything, it really is just a matter of committing it to muscle memory once you find it in a custom game.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

You cast pulv right after headbutt's movement begins.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Getting that auto-attack off after the headbutt I found difficult, but it doesn't matter anymore, it's been removed.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Is Taric still good? I like his armor aura for those games where top and mid are both AD, and his point-and-click stun is good for ganks, but his heal and ult and mana regen seem sub-par.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Taric is very good against heavy AD teams (which is happening a bit more frequently right now). He's also good against the current meta of supports, because he has a failproof peel and engage.

I wouldn't first pick Taric anymore because he can get counterpicked to hell in both teamcomp and lane, but he's a handy pick against Braum, Leona, and Alistar and super useful against AD heavy teams. Giving your team 20+ armor is pretty damn good, and reducing their armor is the bees knees (especially if your own team is running a couple AD threats).

Taric is the new Sona as far as "support who gives their team a bunch of stats" goes. Free armor + free AD and AP along with armor reduction for the enemy.

When I'd pick Taric: Enemy team has two or more AD threats and my team has engage from elsewhere. Same if my team has 3 or more AD threats and we have initiate, because we need that fucking armor reduction and Taric brings a solid amount of magic damage to fights in his autos, ult, and shatter.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Apparently I have left-over skin codes from PAX. Any of you guys want an arcade mf or riot kayle?
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I would love either one (or both)!
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I'm PM'ing you. If no one else wants any, I can give you both.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Arcade MF would be awesome if you've still got that kicking around. I don't play Kayle, but MF is a guilty pleasure of mine.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Sent one to your by PM
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I just had the stupidest normal game. Pretty sure I was matched against people several summoner levels below me because I queued with my SO. We lost after 50 minutes, the last 35 of which were 5v4 against us. We had about 20 kills on them by the end because I went 34/8/something as Jinx. Having 9k and literally nothing to spend it on because I hit full build and swapped boots for zephyr 20 minutes ago was just weird.

Next time something like that happens, I'm definitely swapping my Banshee's Veil for a hurricane - hurricane rockets would have melted their clumped-up team so fast the extra defence wouldn't matter. The enemy team had a lot of CC which is why I picked up Banshee's to begin with, but their only hard CC was Amumu's ult. Galio could probably have stopped me if he dropped his ult at full health, but otherwise I did enough damage to kill him before its damage could trigger.

EDIT: Just actually checked the match history. Make that 37/8/14 and only ten kills above the enemy team.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

This CLG v. Curse Academy matchup is really tight.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Wow, is Curse Academy really good all of a sudden or is CLG still playing horribly? I'll have to watch.

ALSO DENNERS:

I will be streaming tomorrow, and most other weekdays (days I don't need to go to work early) between 7 and 9 am EST ('Merica). The stream url is twitch.tv/bigskler.

So yeah, watch me play League at a very strange time. Some would say I'm pretty good at it. You may even see famous streamers on my steam, but don't watch them. Watch me.

I had a top Gangplank who got absolutely spanked by Voyboy in my last ranked game. Like "lost 2 turrets and got killed 8 times" levels of spanked. Sure, don't pick Gangplank, but what the actual fuck? Every other lane won, but the hyper fed Nidalee split push messed our game up something fierce. Even my moderately fed Ahri was unable to save the game, because 100-0ing Nidalee doesn't happen unless you land charm, and Nidalee is a kitty cat who jumps around if you use charm.
sandmann wrote:

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I had a top Gangplank who got absolutely spanked by Voyboy in my last ranked game. Like "lost 2 turrets and got killed 8 times" levels of spanked. Sure, don't pick Gangplank, but what the actual fuck?
Nidalee has been queen of the lane bullies since she got buffed. If she's up against anything short of Ryze or Lulu she crushes lane and splitpushes till the end of days. She's permabaned in professional games right now for a reason.
Last edited by Mistborn on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Lord Mistborn wrote:
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:I had a top Gangplank who got absolutely spanked by Voyboy in my last ranked game. Like "lost 2 turrets and got killed 8 times" levels of spanked. Sure, don't pick Gangplank, but what the actual fuck?
Nidalee has been queen of the lane bullies since she got buffed. If she's up against anything short of Ryze or Lulu she crushes lane and splitpushes till the end of days. She's permabaned in professional games right now for a reason.
It's more than possible to lane against a Nidalee, even one played by somebody like Voyboy, and not feed. Especially as a champion who can heal, cancel CC, and gets gold bonus gold (and mana back) for farming with his ranged ability.
sandmann wrote:

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Is anyone watching Asia Worlds? Some pretty amazing games (TSM vs SK game 2 is one of my favorites).

It's nice to see most games being interesting and having a back-and-forth rather than long games where you know who's going to win after first blood and dragon.
sandmann wrote:

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

I'm enjoying worlds. It was good seeing TSM finally being able to take it to a Chinese team. And then SK happened. But anyway. AHQ vs Edward was pretty exciting, too. Perhaps what we've learnt so far is that the Chinese teams are pretty brittle. Assuming Samsung White is the best in the world, then next couple of pools will tell us exactly how the EU and NA scenes compete.
I'm very interested to see if LMQ's time in NA has rubbed off much.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I'm still convinced Cloud 9 is NA's best chance at ever winning Worlds. They're not the best team in NA by leaps and bounds anymore, but every individual player on the team is consistent and incredible, whereas TSM has a couple players who will do terrible and tilt for the entire game.

TSM is also barely over half actual NA players. C9 is still the same 'ol C9, and I like that. It'd be a kind of empty win for NA if LMQ won in particular, seeing as they are a team that came here because it would be easier for them to make a living playing League because we suck so much and pay more.

Fun fact: LMQ is has two former Royal Club members. Royal Club got slapped by TSM. Rekt.

Chinese teams in general: They make the game so exciting. I love how they'll be behind and just start doing ridiculous gank squad shenanigans and then dogpile an objective 5v4. Worlds has been a lot better than the LCS.
sandmann wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

They are finally going to rework Sion. I've been waiting so long...
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I'm excited for the Sion rework as well.

Also
CLOUD 9 IS IN THE BRACKET! Fuck yeah, Cloud 9. They're going up against a team that is likely the best team in the world for their first match, but still. Cloud 9 has this.
sandmann wrote:

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
CLOUD 9 IS IN THE BRACKET! Fuck yeah, Cloud 9. They're going up against a team that is likely the best team in the world for their first match, but still. Cloud 9 has this.
Well at least this has been a pretty good showing for NA, this time we won't have to deal with the constant EU>NA bullcrap.

All aboard the Korea hype train now I guess