It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That should just be a given. When I meant write it down, I didn't mean post it. You could jot it down on a piece of paper and burn it. Just put the thought to some sort of action. I prefer just saying something out loud while I'm showering or something. But I wanted to give Orion an alternative whre he wouldn't be overheard. :)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

@rad,

It's a roommate. You can't ask a roommate out.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Orion wrote:
Volunteering and saving seals and stuff is also good supposedly as is exercise but again, who are we kidding? Instead, make a personal goal to get really good at masturbation. Allot plenty of time and make a point of trying new things. Don't let yourself off easy.
Greatest piece of advice ever. Just remember, that when Aharon is asked as an old man why he didn't end Climate change*, he's going to blame Orion for it.

*Yes, END Climate change! Put the Climate in permanent stasis!
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, for a few years now, I've been talking to a person I met online. We didn't/don't really have a long-distance relationship thing going on, because we'd both had pretty negative experiences with that sort of thing, but we were close, and essentially dating when we were in the same town (very rare, we went to Fanime together, and she visited last month). Other than that, though, we had completely separate lives. She had a few different boyfriends in the past three and a half years, the most recent becoming her fiance, who knew she had a sort of boyfriend in Sacramento (me), and they had an understanding about that sort of thing. I haven't had any relationships in this time, because I'm shit at socializing, chatting people up, and basically completely unattractive because I'm basically just an idiot about social interaction, so my first impression is always interest-repelling shit.

She just got married.

I knew it was coming, and I don't hold it against her or anything, but it still fucking sucks. At least when they were just engaged it was easier to fool myself that maybe something could happen that would allow me to be with her in a real way, and I mean, it's still possible that she could become single again in the future, just... yeah.

I hate this shit.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I have totally been there. Shit sucks.

I have a coolant leak somewhere in my car. I have ruled out anything cheap to fix (not leaking anywhere outside), and have ruled out the catastrophic (it's not leaking in the crankcase). There has been unexplained wet spots on the floor in the passenger side so it's possible that it's a heater coil issue. Let's hope that's the case...
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Aharon
Master

Post by Aharon »

Thanks for all the valuable tips. Got off my ass, redid my OKCupid profile, registered for a speed-dating event on the 4th of January, wrote down a few things about my flatmate that I don't like, and masturbated furiously :biggrin:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Do perky dominatrixes exist? Because I've decided I would like to meet one... And by "meet", I mean have fun with. Although meeting one would also be kind of cool too and I wouldn't turn down the opportunity even if there was no chance of any other activities.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Do perky dominatrixes exist?
Of course.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Interesting. I will keep looking.

Also, I think my spider is not feeling well, I cleaned out her cage and she didn't attack me...
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Well, it took a little while, but I finally finished photographing my entire Conan comic book collection. Check it out!
http://imgur.com/a/8VLHI#0
Last edited by Ancient History on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That's one fuck of a shelfie.

What's it like to be rich?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'm not rich. I'm middle-class. But I'm middle class with a good, steady job in a low cost of living area with no wife or kids or mortgage or student loans. So I'm bored shitless and have a fair amount of disposable income. But I've been building that for years.

And anyway, that's not a shelfie. This is a shelfie.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm unemployed and live with my parents out of a 12x9 room. Even if I spent my unemployment on things I wanted like that (not like I'm doing anything better with it), I'd have no place to put it.

To me, you're rich. Then again, what area is that, I need to get away from Sacramento.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'm in Middle Georgia. And yeah, being unemployed and living with your parents sucks. I'm glad I escaped.*

* Mom still visits like four weeks out of every ten.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

You have more books than my entire family. I am shocked; there are five of us and we all read a lot of books.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Prak wrote:I'm unemployed and live with my parents out of a 12x9 room. Even if I spent my unemployment on things I wanted like that (not like I'm doing anything better with it), I'd have no place to put it.

To me, you're rich. Then again, what area is that, I need to get away from Sacramento.
The midwest worked for me in nearly every way if you can handle the fact it was -10 a few days ago.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was offered an opportunity in San Jose before the holidays to think about. I haven't heard back from the guy yet, but gave him a call to check in yesterday.

The only reasons I'm hesitant to take said opportunity is the fear of fucking up and losing my job stranded in a high cost area, and leaving my very small group of friends when it's very difficult for me to really get to know new people.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

It helps that I had family in the area I moved to, and that I hated almost everyone I interacted with back in VA.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

AH, I am not helping you move.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
erik
King

Post by erik »

I might but would as payment probably be a frequent patron of the Derie Library. I'm at least a courteous borrower of books.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You should be, I have an entire book of book curses.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yeah, moving as a book person is a pain in the ass x.x
If you think about it, books tighly packed together are basically cubic meters of wood again, fucking heavy and unwieldy to transport and still remarkably fragile <.<
I fear the day when i have to move my library . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

So, I've been medicated for about three weeks now. First time I had a shrink that didn't either drug me until I can't feel feelings anymore or just told me nothing was wrong. And every once in a while, I literally shudder about how batshit fucking insane my worldview was... even when I thought I was doing fine. I was a truly shitty person and I literally had no idea... This is going to be hard for me to take, but my doc has me starting talk therapy next month (he said based on my symptoms, any sort of talk therapy would be a waste until I found a medication to even me out, but it needs to happen soon after).
Artless
Journeyman

Post by Artless »

I just now sent off my overwhelmingly positive response in regard to a prospective concept art position.