Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"That's kind of you to offer, but nothing is as good as real rest. I'll be glad for the opportunity. Let me take my few hours, we'll move out tonight. Enjoy your drinks."

The elf excuses himself and makes arrangements for a room, leaving the rest of you to your own devices. It's early evening, the elf will be down for about four hours, and you're all somewhat experienced adventurers, so traveling at night won't be a huge burden to you.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Alright then, I guess we'll see you at midnight."

To everyone else, "What're you waiting for? Let's get hammered! Don't hold back guys, as Whimsy can cure intoxication."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I should probably elaborate on the amenities of the poketavern-

Poketaverns are overseen by the League, which provides them with most of their operating expenses.
[*]Meals- All poketaverns offer Common quality meals (simple bread, pidgey stew, some vegetables like carrots/leeks/whatever is regionally appropriate, and weak ale) for free to any trainers who are in good standing with the League and aren't causing trouble*. Better quality meals are available for half the PHB cost, and menus vary from one poketavern to another. Water and weak ale are free for trainers in good standing with the League (though poketaverns are unlikely to refuse water even to people not in good standing). Better drinks are also available for half PHB cost.
Breakfasts are provided for free as well and consist of fruit, pastries and sausage with coffee and tea available.
[*]Lodging- All poketaverns have crash rooms which provide Common lodging for free to all trainers in good standing with the league. The rooms are warm--often temperature controlled by a Fire type pokemon--as well as having heated floors, and clean pillows and blankets are kept in cubbies lining the walls. Generally speaking these crash rooms have space for around 50 to 75 trainers, though the numbers are fudgable, due to the variable size and personal space requirements of trainers. Poketaverns also typically have some private rooms available for rent for 2 gp each (ie, Good lodgings)
[*]Healing- ResSlabs are the defining feature of Poketaverns, and effectively cast Greater Restoration and Heal on six pokemon at a time in pokeballs over the space of 1 minute (ie- doesn't matter in downtime, but don't ripoff a heal slab from a poketavern and expect to use it in combat time).
[*]Stabling and Feed- Technically pokemon in pokeballs are supposed to be in stasis, but it's still a good idea to take them out and feed them at least once a day, especially since their elemental attacks require fuel of some sort. Also, it's not uncommon at all for trainers to have mounts that are captured via pokeball, so Poketaverns often have stables, and provide free feed for pokemon once per day per pokemon. They make every effort to provide a pokemon's natural diet, or a close approximation. Create Food helps a lot with this.[/list]

So, it's technically possible to get wasted for free, but I assume you guys are actually buying your drinks. Given that alcohol is pretty cheap in D&D (generally speaking) we won't worry about the exact expense.

*causing trouble in a poketavern is a good way to fall out of good standing with the League, but it also keeps tabs on pokemon theft and such. Message spells and psychic pokemon make disseminating info on criminals and undesirables a pretty simple affair.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Not looking to cause any trouble. Just have a good time and sober up right before midnight. Also, Knox will try getting on Krystal's good books so she'll be more likely to vouch for him, and Luca (and Mask_de_Bard?) as worthy of plate wielding to the order if when we finds some (perhaps we could convince them to even give us some once we do a few grand heroic deeds, or possibly to help against the fight with Team Zhentar when we find out about them))
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Anyone else want to weigh in on the carousing?

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro wants to spend as little time as possible with the Paladin but would be otherwise fine with a round of drinks. As it is, he's probably going to join for a bit and then excuse himself, seeing if he can get any information out of this other party that would be of use to him.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Not in particular - Luca's just up for a good time and making connections.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sorry guys, the game got away from me for a bit. Let's try to bring this back together
The bartender and servers let the booze flow as long as people aren't getting too crazy and coin is coming in for anything of better quality that people order.

J'kul happily quaffs great mugs of mead and will tell his stories of the Arena to anyone who'll listen, Krystal is chipperly talking to other halflings from town--gossip and rumors mostly--and Frin and Nopur have a card game going in a corner taking a bit of money from the townies.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox will join the cardgame. As a sign of good faith he'll openly and deliberately pokeball Shazam (Abra) and bring out Whimsy (Happiny), letting everyone know that she'll help them out if they feel like sobering up.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro will sit down and listen to Krystal. Despite his dislike of the Paladin, he's convinced that rumors are the most useful thing to pick up. For the most part he'll keep his mouth shut unless he's asked a question or one of them says something interesting enough that he wants to hear more (in which case he'll ask with as much innocent curiosity as he can muster).
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Rad- you're going to bring a pokemon that makes people more sober to a card game where a warlock and a rogue you want to make friends with are trying to fleece drunken rubes?

Krystal mostly talks about Arceus being the origin of all life and being good to everyone and friends with pokemon. The usual good-npc line from the games with a touch of religion.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Scratch what I said earlier.

Knox considers joining the fleecing, but decides not to risk any funny business with an Alakazam running around nearby. He'll pull up a chair along J'kul.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Satisfied that Krystal isn't going to give him any useful information, Kentaro will walk over and listen to what J'Kul's stories.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"So, when I went to the Arena, I didn't have a pokemon." J'kul says, quaffing another mug of mead and placing it on a passing tray, "Well. I had Zot Poshak," he says gesturing to the Magikarp gently splashing in a bowl of water on the table, "But not a pokemon with any attacks or fighting ability. They threw some pokemon at me in various matches when I was fresh, litleos and growlithes at first, to test me. And I fought some other gladiators now and then, sometimes man to man, sometimes a pokebattle using pokemon from the Arena. When I'd earned my way out, they set up one last match between me and a mean krookodile. They said if I could last thirty seconds and land even a single blow on it, they'd give me the biggest purse yet that year, and a sandile egg." J'kul downs another mug of mead and excuses himself to visit the back wall.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Assuming that he gets the chance to, Kentaro will ask J'Kul if he knows if there any other events like the Arena going on, and if so, what and where they are.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox also expresses interest in Kentaro's question.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Well, the arena I fought in was the floating arena of Calimport, in the Calimshan Desert. That's a ways south, though, and I don't know of any arenas in the north. I'm sure if you look hard enough you could find some, however."

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox nods. "Interesting. We're not planning on heading that far South anytime soon, but I'll keep that in mind if we end up there."

At Kentaro, "We should definitely be on the lookout for other arenas or unofficial gyms when we head out."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro nods in agreement to Knox. He then turns over to see if either of the other groups are doing anything new of note.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

(Sorry if I've held things up - I thought for sure this was dead after I was the top post for a couple of weeks. I just saw Rad's PM, so happy we're back up and running.)

Luca participates happily in both the drinking and gambling, though he has more enthusiasm than skill for the later. He'll regal anybody at his table with stories of the cold north and the Pokemon the party met there in exchange for tales of interesting or unique Pokemon from other lands.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(No worries, I've just been letting people notice it's active again. I need to message GriffinSummoner.)

Roll a bluff to see how you do in the gambling.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

(InvisibleCastle seems to be down, bleh)

1d20+16 = 25 (or 20 if Kentaro isn't in range for Motivate Charisma)
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Regardless of whether or not he was/is in range (edit: for Motivate Charisma), Kentaro will head over to check out the gambling.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox wanders into the kitchen, looking to ask the chef about preparation of Magikarp and where he can catch some.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(OH GAWD MAH PROCRASTINATION. I kept putting off checking something, but since it's not even where I thought... I'll wing it, not a big deal anyway.

I'll say Kentaro's in range. Luca nets 4 gold in the first game he sits in on. Which is actually pretty decent, given that the plebs are wagering mostly silver and actually do pretty well themselves. The gold came from Frin.

In the kitchen-
"Well, the first thing you need to do is catch a lot of them. Then you need to take a good pair of tongs and pull all the armour scales off each one. Then you can really cook them like any other non-fatty fish, they're just not particularly meaty and have that thick armour. The river that goes through town always has huge numbers of them."