So, Anime You Like Lately

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Leress wrote:They brought back the same cast for Ultimate for both Japanese and the Dub.
And it is fucking glorious.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I did not like the monologing in normal Hellsing.
Ultimate is a bit better about that i think.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, you guys got me to go on a Hellsing Ultimate spree. Having finished Episode 7, I think the Abridged guys should really have saved "because fuck you, that's how" for Schrodinger.
It's one thing to be able to randomly appear in any arbitrary place. It's quite another to appear in places that don't actually exist. And then just to show off he pulled himself out of the symbolic memory shard of glass he had inexplicably appeared in
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

GreatGreyShrike wrote:
This was exactly what I was intending to express.
I agree, I even have Van Winkle as my wallpaper on one laptop, and Alexander on another.
Stahlseele wrote:I did not like the monologing in normal Hellsing.
Ultimate is a bit better about that i think.
The first series diverges from the manga, while Ultimate follows it.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

TOSHINOU KYOUKO! < = that is all.
For those who don't get it:
I watched the Yuru Yuri OVA
Last edited by Stahlseele on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

So i finally managed to aquire a copy of the Moretsu Pirates Movie - Abbyss of Hybperspace with Subtitles and watched it.
I enjoyed it immensely!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Kin'iro Mosaic is back for another season, and they seem to have increase the amount of yuri pandering. I endorse this development.

You know what else it back Unlimited Budget works and only one episode in to the new season and shit has already gotten real. GAR is incoming along with heartbreak and it will be animated flawlessly.

Also Nanoha Vivid is airing, which while lacking the more serious plot of it's parent series still has that crazy awesome Nanoha charm.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

The first episode of Vivid has limited animation and feels kinda low-budget, including briefly going into voice-over-slideshow mode. I'm hoping that's because they took a giant pile of money and threw all of it at the fight scenes, rather than because they didn't get much money. The transformation scene was pretty solid, which is a good sign.
Last edited by name_here on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Fuck, I need to get back on the UBW wagon.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is pretty adorable.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Lord Mistborn wrote:You know what else it back Unlimited Budget works and only one episode in to the new season and shit has already gotten real. GAR is incoming along with heartbreak and it will be animated flawlessly.
I love how they managed to show "Oh god, what an idiot" with only Archer's lower body, when Rin talked about bringing back Saber.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

So I've been really into Marvel Disk Wars. Kinda cheesy, but lighthearted and fun all the same.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Good news on Vivid: they did blow their budget on the fight scenes.

Also, in Unlimited Budget Works, in a shocking upset Caster's original master snatches the title of "stupidest waste of a Command Seal" from Rin. Also Bazett is referenced but does not appear, making me sad.
Last edited by name_here on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

name_here wrote:Good news on Vivid: they did blow their budget on the fight scenes.

Also, in Unlimited Budget Works, in a shocking upset Caster's original master snatches the title of "stupidest waste of a Command Seal" from Rin. Also Bazett is referenced but does not appear, making me sad.
Bazzet can't appear in the main storyline, because she's dead this whole time.

Rin is apparently the most efficient cook ever, since she managed to make that giant omlette roll out of only two eggs.
Last edited by Longes on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

name_here wrote: Also, in Unlimited Budget Works, in a shocking upset Caster's original master snatches the title of "stupidest waste of a Command Seal" from Rin.
To be fair, in the original game, Caster says she subtly persuaded her previous Master to waste his Command Seals in frivolous things, like "get me a sandwich drink", in the end claiming she would remain loyal to him even if all of the seals were gone. And then she kills the hell out of him when the last command seal is gone. She got her legend from being a manipulative backstabber after all.

Meanwhile this event contradicts the very last episode, because using Rule Breaker to end a servant contract is supposed to destroy the remaining seals of the previous master.

Bastard still deserved it. Or perhaps it was some clever illusion from Caster to make the master think he still had his command seals.
Last edited by maglag on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

maglag wrote:Meanwhile this event contradicts the very last episode, because using Rule Breaker to end a servant contract is supposed to destroy the remaining seals of the previous master.
I could be misremembering the game, but I don't think it does. Rin still makes a contract with Saber after they free her. I don't remember if Shirou has spent all his command seals or not in the game, but I think he did.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Longes wrote:
maglag wrote:Meanwhile this event contradicts the very last episode, because using Rule Breaker to end a servant contract is supposed to destroy the remaining seals of the previous master.
I could be misremembering the game, but I don't think it does. Rin still makes a contract with Saber after they free her. I don't remember if Shirou has spent all his command seals or not in the game, but I think he did.
Rin loses her command seals when Caster frontstabs Archer. The contract she'll later do with Saber is a fresh one and grants her a new full set of seals.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

IIRC, what strictly happens is that the Command Seals go inactive, much like if the Servant is dead. There's a bit of a canon conflict on how exactly that manifests, actually. They might vanish entirely as they're drawn back into the Grail, go back to the way they look when a Master has been selected but has yet to get a Servant, or look like used seals. Though that last one was in Fate/Extra, which had a different Grail and different rules, and in Zero Kirei has his vanish and then reappear later. Apparently there aren't supposed to be more than 21 per war, plus unused ones from previous wars that the overseer has for bribing people with.

Caster may technically have used Rule Breaker to destroy her obedience to the Command Seals rather than the bond with her master, which would explain why an actual trained mage wouldn't notice the bond break. Anyways, the reason I made fun of him was that he used a command seal to keep Caster from stabbing him. She casts spells! It's in the name!

Anyways, I believe Bazett was still alive at the time of the flashback.
If I've interpreted FHA correctly, she died the same night Rin summoned Archer. She and Avenger find a house full of dead people during their first night, which I believe is the same one that Shirou sees on the morning after Rin's summoning. Granted, it's possible that the murder got incorporated there despite actually happening a longer time after her death, but I suspect it wouldn't unless it happened within three days or a very similar murder happened on the first night of the Third War. Which would imply there was a thrill killer active in the city in the vicinity of three wars in a row.

On the other hand, Lancer arrived at the workshop without Bazett, and I'd expect her to accompany him if she were still alive. So I think Kirei took the letter from Caster's Master, went to Bazett's house, and killed her then.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Man the next episode of UBW is gonna be heart breaking, isn't it. At least Illya gets revenge next season I suppose.

On a lighter note Kuzehashi-sensei has been really stealing the show in Kin'iro Mosaic so far.
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

Something tells me Berserker will put up a better fight in the anime than he does in the visual novel, considering how well Saber fought against Berserker in the first season.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

In the 15th episode of UBW:
-Einzberns are massive dicks with a rape dungeon
-Ilya is hallucinating the grail version of her mom for some reason
-Art with Ilya and Berserker in the snow finally gets an explanation
-Berseker does moderately better against GIRUGAMESH! than he did in the novel
-People who didn't watch Zero and didn't read the novel have no idea as to who the hell Ilya is
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Ripped my heart out, but good episode.

Plastic Memories is seeming halfway decent so far. Even if the protagonist is a mindless tool like usual.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

TOZ wrote:Ripped my heart out, but good episode.

Plastic Memories is seeming halfway decent so far. Even if the protagonist is a mindless tool like usual.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Also, the first episode wife and I were like 'oh hai Asuka, moonlighting between movies?'
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Fake GTA 5 anime "Princess Robotits Bubblegum" is better than many actually existing animes.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Today's FSN: The interplay between our star characters Lancer, Shirou, and Rin's Facial Expressions is great.