[IC]Princes of the City

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:(We'll say Stan doesn't have a key as a ready excuse to use a proxy)
Stan calls up his ally Fr. Yazzie, whose residence is adjacent to the church, and asks him to unlock the building.

"A friend dropped an electronic doodad inside during a recent visit. Would you be so kind as to take a look inside for it?"
Father Yazzie looks very tired - these late nights are catching up on him - and concerned. But he takes his keyring and opens up the octagonal building, revealing the empty pews and hallowed silence around the altar and nave. On a bare glance, there doesn't seem to be anyone here.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

"We might be a minute, Charlie, so I'll drop the keys off when we're done. Tell you what, I'll preside over this Thursday's Akathist. Why don't you take a few days off for some quiet contemplation, and let me have you flown up to Protecting Veil of the Theotokos in Anchorage tomorrow morning?"

Stan looks around the church. If the microchip isn't inside a corpse he'll ask Seth for help locating it.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Father Yazzie looks worried, and makes a few mumbling excuses that he doesn't mind staying and locking up after you're done. He obviously feels uncomfortable leaving you here.

The chamber itself is clean - there are no bodies present, nor signs of any sort of device. Yet a quick check shows the signal is definitely coming from the church - the GPS coordinates confirm it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"I don't care for the implied threats, and I look poorly upon the Council's intrusion. You can be sure I will remember this in future dealings. Under the circumstances, however..."

She thinks a moment.

"Had a request been sent, you would have received our agreement and general support. As such, I am not going to get in the way just to spite you: removing her from these lands is important. Besides, she left a threat of her own, and I don't take kindly to that. I will allow the Council to act, and I assume the others agree with this decision. However, I make it clear that this abomination must be destroyed, not taken into your fold."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"I don't object to the decision, but I would prefer that whatever knowledge she has be preserved before she is destroyed if it comes to that."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

"If you insist on sticking around, Charlie, take a look to see if any of the icons have been disturbed. I'm afraid the church may have fallen victim to some subtle vandalism."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Koumei wrote:"I don't care for the implied threats, and I look poorly upon the Council's intrusion. You can be sure I will remember this in future dealings. Under the circumstances, however..."

She thinks a moment.

"Had a request been sent, you would have received our agreement and general support. As such, I am not going to get in the way just to spite you: removing her from these lands is important. Besides, she left a threat of her own, and I don't take kindly to that. I will allow the Council to act, and I assume the others agree with this decision. However, I make it clear that this abomination must be destroyed, not taken into your fold."
Hermes spreads their hands. "The final disposition of her is entirely out of my hands; I am simply their messenger in this matter. You may discuss the matter with the council's agents...who, as I have said, will be arriving shortly after midnight, at the docks."
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:"If you insist on sticking around, Charlie, take a look to see if any of the icons have been disturbed. I'm afraid the church may have fallen victim to some subtle vandalism."
Father Yazzie pales slightly and moves to check the few valuable objects kept in the sanctum. It is curious though that you cannot find any trace of the chip or the young woman it is implanted in - according to the GPS coordinates, you should be standing right on top of her.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth will go to Elysium, and talk to anyone who isn't currently talking to Hermes.

"I could try to Analyze the phone in the circle, but I'll have to touch it. Think I should risk it?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

While Fr. Yazzie inspects the iconostasis for damage, Stan gives the carpeting a once over.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Max will accompany Fr. Yazzie given that we've got enough dead mortals around lately. He'll be sure to take a glance up at the ceiling and rafters too.
bears fall, everyone dies
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Carpet and ceiling of the church both seem clear of anything untoward, and Father Yazzie declares that the vessels and such seem untouched. As you turn to leave, however, you notice that according to the GPS signal, the chip is on the move - now heading west of your current location.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel will take the tattoo off to some spare room of Elysium he's set up for rituals and use Thaumaturgical Forensics on the tattoo. (Int4+Medicine3)
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak wrote:Kel will take the tattoo off to some spare room of Elysium he's set up for rituals and use Thaumaturgical Forensics on the tattoo. (Int4+Medicine3)
Careful examination of the sample shows that the subject was a human female, a devout follower of Lilith, that she was (very unusually for a human) a follower of the Path of Enlightenment named after Lilith, and was killed by brute force - a broken neck - her blood was drained after she died.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

@Seth
To my mind it isn't necessary. I believe the devices mysteries lie in the mystical and not the technological. Speaking of risk we really should depart from Elysium. It'd be best to assume this place is being watched and thus what we have spoken of here is known.

To Suzanne, Hermes and the group as a whole.
"If you have no need of me my Prince I will take my leave. I have a few matters to attend."

Ia departs assuming there are no objections.

Once outside he texts the others he is going to welcome our new Camarilla arrivals but didn't want to say anything inside Elysium. If anyone wants to come they are welcome. Especially Seth or Vergil. "I believe your ability to peel back secrets will be helpful."

He'll also check his phone again to see if Veronica completed her task.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shady314/Ia wrote:He'll also check his phone again to see if Veronica completed her task.
She texts back. "Yep."
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

"Charlie, let me go ahead and walk you back to the rectory." Stan brusquely herds the priest out the door.

Sotto voce, to Max: "Who knows what's been placed on the roof?"
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Ia wrote:To my mind it isn't necessary. I believe the devices mysteries lie in the mystical and not the technological. Speaking of risk we really should depart from Elysium. It'd be best to assume this place is being watched and thus what we have spoken of here is known.
Seth nods. "That's probably the case. Well then, might as well clear the place."

Seth will mentally give every electronic device left in Elysium except the phone a quick once over for incriminating data, saved passwords, important info, internet history and the like, back it up into technomantically encrypted and supernaturally firewalled cloud storage if it isn't already and then wipe everything clean.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ancient History wrote:
Prak wrote:Kel will take the tattoo off to some spare room of Elysium he's set up for rituals and use Thaumaturgical Forensics on the tattoo. (Int4+Medicine3)
Careful examination of the sample shows that the subject was a human female, a devout follower of Lilith, that she was (very unusually for a human) a follower of the Path of Enlightenment named after Lilith, and was killed by brute force - a broken neck - her blood was drained after she died.
Any magic? TF is supposed to tell me about gifts, disciplines, etc.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:"Charlie, let me go ahead and walk you back to the rectory." Stan brusquely herds the priest out the door.
The fight seems to go out of Father Yazzie, and he looks older as he lets Stan lead him out the door to the church.
Prak wrote:Any magic? TF is supposed to tell me about gifts, disciplines, etc.
True Faith, but no sorcery or other abilities are evident.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Max will walk around the church once and see anything on the roof from ground level..
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Whipstitch/Max wrote:Max will walk around the church once and see anything on the roof from ground level..
Max watches the roof carefully, but sees nothing moving on it - not even a roosting bird. However, the GPS signal continues to move - it looks like it just passed Max's position and is still heading west.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Since Verge has nothing particularly useful to do, he returns to the discussion with Joe Juneau. He asks for details, such as the identities of those who have already been taken, and everything they know about the Ghost Eater and her probable whereabouts.

[Empathy 5, Manipulation 2]
Ancient History
Serious Badass

hyzmarca wrote:Since Verge has nothing particularly useful to do, he returns to the discussion with Joe Juneau. He asks for details, such as the identities of those who have already been taken, and everything they know about the Ghost Eater and her probable whereabouts.

[Empathy 5, Manipulation 2]
Joe gives the names of three hacker ghosts that have disappeared - Merovich, Basqueath, and George Jay. The ghost-eater he describes as looking like an extra-solid wraith, but present on both sides of the Shroud; definitely female, with a tattooed face. He is not sure where she is currently, she appears suddenly, which is part of what makes her so terrible.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

(Sorry about the delay. Between the 4th and wedding season it's been busy.)

"Stan, I'm going to see if I can catch up with our friend. Call up the others and keep up if you can."

Max will jog/drive after the gps signal as is appropriate for the distance that it has already covered.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Whipstitch/Max wrote:Max will jog/drive after the gps signal as is appropriate for the distance that it has already covered.
Following the GPS signal as best as he can - not always easy because the geography - about half an hour and half a mile later, Max finds himself in a dead-end alley, marked only by a single manhole - which, with the slightest of grates, is lifted up and pushed aside as young women begin to emerge from the hole.