It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

I got my wisdom teeth taken out with just novocain and an ibuprofen six hours later. As in, one total for the entire duration of the healing process. The most painful part was going out to eat afterward with my family and not being forced to order tomato soup instead of a sandwich or something, despite the dentist telling me it'd be fine as long as I waited an hour for my face to unnumb.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, it was in a city about 60 miles away from where I lived. The city also happened to be the closest Taco Bell to where I lived, and because it was a rare treat with sentimental origins, I loved to eat there.

That surgery did not stop me from eating afterward. It took me forever to navigate that faux food, but man... I was not driving 60 miles to have my teeth pulled and that's it. Taco Bell was gonna be my reward if it was the last thing I did.

They put me under for the teeth pulling and did four at once. I had a huge bruise on my face (just in time for Senior Prom!), but didn't have any problems other than a brief waking up in the middle of surgery.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Anyone else want to share? This thread has already devolved into "Horrors of Dentistry."
K
King

Post by K »

When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, it took three hours on locals and blood ended up all over me, the dentist, the assistant, the floor, and the light above me.

My cheek then developed a golfball-sized lump that, when I experimentally sucked on, gave me a full mouthful of puss. Gross.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

The first time I went to the dentist as a kid, they gave me a root canal and didn't tell me.

I found out a long time later when I mentioned to my mom that I remembered getting cavities filled hurting a lot more.
Last edited by name_here on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I wish I had you guys' dentists. The actual holes my teeth came from stopped hurting two days ago, but the swelling sucks, and my jaw muscles have a bad attitude about chewing right now.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ancient History wrote:http://imgur.com/a/0zWUP
Welp, now I want a sashka. That's a cool looking sword, what did it cost you?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak wrote:
Ancient History wrote:http://imgur.com/a/0zWUP
Welp, now I want a sashka. That's a cool looking sword, what did it cost you?
~US$700. Which, if it's authentic (hey, it looks real - even the markings), isn't too shabby, since plenty of them go for up to a couple grand. If it's counterfeit, and there are loads and loads of those, I've been had. You can get a cheap Chinese-made knock-off shashka for under $100 if you hunt a little.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

Ancient History wrote:Anyone else want to share? This thread has already devolved into "Horrors of Dentistry."
Easily the most painful (physical) experience of my life. Not the procedure, but the aftermath...~2 weeks of terrible, blinding pain pounding away in my skull, and the pain med prescription was only good for 1 week. That second week I was popping advil like candy.
K wrote:When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, it took three hours on locals and blood ended up all over me, the dentist, the assistant, the floor, and the light above me.
Impressive...most impressive. How'd you get blood on the light above you?

My "funny" story from getting my teeth pulled is that after, my sister drove me home and stopped at a pharmacy to get my pain meds. In my fucked-up condition, I thought she was taking too long inside and so I went in to see what was up. So a drugged-out, super-swollen faced guy with blood and drool streaming down his mouth and all over his shirt staggers in to a Wal-Greens, remembers it's his mom's bday soon, and proceeds to select a random electronic appliance and then tries to pay for it with his wallet...not a card, not cash, but the actual wallet. Lucky I didn't get shot ('murica!)
Last edited by phlapjackage on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

One of my molars rotted through and fell out recently. I was lucky to be drinking tea at the moment, so I realized something was wrong and didn't try to chew it. At least it's easier to clean the hole now.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Ugh, generally fine person on Facebook keeps posting anti-frankenfish stuff on his feed, then goes on and on about how terrible farmed salmon is for the environment and flavour whenever someone tries to call him out on it. Never posts anything against farmed salmon, just the Aquabounty stuff.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Spam his anti-frankenfish posts with a bunch of links to articles about actual GMOs that say the specific genes that were inserted and point out how frankenfish is basically just a high tech version of slamming two fish together until they fuck.

I mean, I suppose you could also point how pretty much every organism we interact with on a daily basis is a GMO.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

oh god, i have become a grognard and i am this close to telling a newbie on dumpshock to get off my lawn x.x . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

My Domme and I just caught Disturbed and Rob Zombie. Great show. More tits and giant alien penis than I expected but a great show. Disturbed set off the fire alarms lol.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Well, my car's splash shield ripped off the undercarriage this morning because of extreme puddles, and the dealership wants to charge $600 to replace it. ..
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Suck. We had that problem in our van with an extreme snowfall (for around here, anyway). We didn't replace it.
Eikre
Knight-Baron

Post by Eikre »

Go to a self-service junkyard and pull one, it'll be, like, thirty dollars.
This signature is here just so you don't otherwise mistake the last sentence of my post for one.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

In our case, we wouldn't have been able to get under our car without buying the tools to do so. And even then, we didn't have the space to fix it (in the apartment parking lot). That's a good idea for a lot of top-side parts, though. We've gotten replacement windows, mirrors, tail light covers... All came from the junk yard. It's a smart thing to do.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Bah. Some law firm sent me a scary letter about an old debt I owe and I have no idea what it says other than "Pay me money, dammit". It is going to take me a very long time to save up enough money for legal counsel to assure I don't get raped here and the so-called "free debt counseling" service my employer has told me "get a lawyer" then disconnected.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Bah. Some law firm sent me a scary letter about an old debt I owe and I have no idea what it says other than "Pay me money, dammit". It is going to take me a very long time to save up enough money for legal counsel to assure I don't get raped here and the so-called "free debt counseling" service my employer has told me "get a lawyer" then disconnected.
You definitely want to look at a lawyer, Don't do anything until you talk to a lawyer.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Well, time to see if the group legal plan I pay into is worth anything.
K
King

Post by K »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Well, time to see if the group legal plan I pay into is worth anything.
Talking to a lawyer in your state is important. There is a good chance that your debt is past the statute of limitations and can't be legally collected if challenged.

That being said, if you get a summons, show up to your hearing. Failure to show is an auto-lose even if the law is on your side, and they can then attach your wages.

But yeh, lawyer up.

Also, here is a fun thing about dead debt.
Last edited by K on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I looked at the reviews for this debt collector and they seem to make a habit of filing suits in different states and serving notices at incorrect addresses. I've been told that in the state I'm in you literally can't sue for medical expenses but I am not going to do nothing and assume everything is okay. I couldn't get in touch with anyone today so I'm calling back Monday.