Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Prak wrote:maybe you can sex the chicks
Being a total city boy and 12 (apparently), I lost it when I read this part. I have no idea if you mean determining their gender or something about breeding more Chickens but that seems less likely.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Determining their sex, yes.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Assuming this isn't just some neighbor's chicken that got loose when it went broody, and you intend on doing something with the chicks, then buy a small bag of chick starter feed (~1USD/lb), which is a serviceable choice for the sitting hen as well. Have a source of clean water nearby. Broody hens can be territorial, so generally leave her alone for the 2-3 weeks she'll be sitting there. If there's a simple way to corral her away from foot traffic consider doing so, since brooding hen excrement is intermittent and distinctively unpleasant.
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Tue May 10, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:Assuming this isn't just some neighbor's chicken that got loose when it went broody,
There is a colony and feral chickens around here, and a colony of feral cats. And occasionally a stray dog. This is a popular place for people to dump unwanted pets. The cat colony and the chicken colony get along surprisingly well.
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:If there's a simple way to corral her away from foot traffic consider doing so, since brooding hen excrement is intermittent and distinctively unpleasant.
No, not really. There's very little space. But she stays in the nook beside my television.
How to you clean chicken poop out of carpet?
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue May 10, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Have to ask: How is the hen is gaining access to your living room?

Game On,
fbmf
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

fbmf wrote:Have to ask: How is the hen is gaining access to your living room?

Game On,
fbmf
The same way the cats do, through the sliding door. I leave it open for them.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

How do I get translations online to display a compatible writing system? For instance, when I try to find out what Russian words mean google insists on giving answers in cyrillic, which doesn't exactly help. I'd prefer results like "Kaliningradskaya oblast" rather than say, "Калинингра́дская о́бласть"

Am I missing something obvious here?
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

You are missing that Chrome integrates Google Translate and this outputs things in English whether the original is in Cyrillic or Kanji, yes. If you want an auto-romanizer rather than a translator you'll have to go further afield and there will probably be obtuse encoding issues.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

How do you prevent the hen from crapping all over your living room
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

OgreBattle wrote:How do you prevent the hen from crapping all over your living room
It doesn't move, except for about once a day when it goes outside for a few minutes to do I don't know what.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Can someone please tell me what the fvck Cranium Intel is? The two trailers I've seen are painfully vague, and I can't seem to find anything on the internet besides "The president wants a scientist dead because he found out that the St. Louis Arch is a portal to the 'real' Plant X."

That plot is too fvcking ridiculous for me not to want to know more.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i . . i honestly can't tell
http://aeneasmiddleton.com/craniumintel_movie.html
it says movie. but it looks like some cheapish indi game? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Hope it is better than his short Defusion 4: Bio Cell System
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I believe that this movie may have the worst trailers in cinematic history. I mean, they literally are a confused jumble of images that don't tell you anything at all about the film.

Craziness.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well, if it can actually garner interest for the movie, then in my opinion, these kinds of trailers are the better trailers . . because they don't tell you either
a: half or more of the movie
b: the best bits of the movie
usually with the rest of the movie not really worth it anymore . .
but with this? i remain sceptical . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, here's a weird one-

I recently decided that I could not bare to live with my parents any longer, and that living with roommates now was better than continuing to live with my parents until I felt I could afford my own place. An old acquaintance saw my facebook post about the thing, and so now I'm looking at moving in with them and their girlfriend. However, while I was thinking apartments, they're thinking of buying a house. Which works. That's way better for all of us, so I'm on board.

But this will be the first time I'll have the freedom to decorate a room of my own with little check on myself, from the walls in (rather than just moving my stuff in).

Does anyone have any tips on painting a room, not the mechanics of it, necessarily, but the design aspect of it? I prefer saturated tones, and I know enough to not just paint it all black (no matter how much I might want to) but beyond that... well, interior decorating was not the major I pursued at Art Institute.

My furniture is dark, dark brown, and it's impractical, and unnecessary, to replace it since it's a very serviceable bedroom set with nightstand and dresser. So that's the one real non-negotiable part of the pallet, I guess.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

For a bedroom, you want something reasonably soothing so you'll actually go to sleep. So pastel colours.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Dark furniture goes best with lighter backgrounds, and yes, light/pastel colours tend to be soothing. You might even just want to go with a basic cream colour.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

If the room isn't too big do it in dry erase paint and juxtapose swaths of temporary color around hung accents. Avail yourself of available natural light, whether through low-maintenance greenery or sparkly shit. Don't paint everything black.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I really dislike pastel colors. I loathe pastels as an art medium and that probably transfers somewhat to the color category, but I really prefer deeper saturation colors.

Huh, I thought I pasted images of the colors I was looking at, but I guess not? I'm looking at these-

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

White with accents of your favorite colors then. Unless you have really weird preferences (in which case there's no point in asking for suggestions), you'll go nuts in a dark room.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Suggestion:
Don't actually PAINT the Walls in these Colours.
Get some nice pieces of cloth or something in these colours and hang them on the walls.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Starmaker wrote:White with accents of your favorite colors then. Unless you have really weird preferences (in which case there's no point in asking for suggestions), you'll go nuts in a dark room.
I think my posting history here should be ample evidence that going nuts would be a short trip for me.

Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

Stahlseele wrote:Suggestion:
Don't actually PAINT the Walls in these Colours.
Get some nice pieces of cloth or something in these colours and hang them on the walls.
Seconded.

College students have experience in temporarily-decorating rooms; see if you can find a guide to dorm room decor.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Well, the chicken sitting in my living room started making really strange noises. And now there was tiny chickens under her.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Thu May 26, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.