Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

*shrugs*
i have known about them for years by now.

and noo . . women never did anything in history.
marie curie. cleopatra. joan of arc. margaret thatcher. the queen of england.
amelia earhart. and those are just what i can remember from the top of my head.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

China's history has quite a lot of women kicking ass in war, including a 13 year girl breaking out a siege that the local men considered unbreakable.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2

Plane in question. Po-2's low speed and ability to maneuver on low altitudes (as well as minimal production price) were the reason it got used for night bombing.
Also their leader (presumably Evdokia Rachkevich) isn't even the most impressive on the number of missions. Irina Sebrova had 1004 missions under her belt.
Last edited by Longes on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

The part that they were relatively much slower than the competition actually helped, since fancier faster planes couldn't get a proper lock-on.

Also counted as stealth bombers since they were basically radar-invisible thanks to being made of soft wood and fabric.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Permission is tricky though. On multiple occasions I've been given permission to choke women to the point of unconsciousness but if something went wrong I'd be considered legally responsible. I got into a bit of a scuffle a while back when I accidentally gave someone a concussion during a scene.
I recall a statement by a policeman to the effect that if something doesn't go wrong, you're still committing a crime. Because lots of things are legal with consent, but violence isn't one of them. Wikipedia says things certainly work like this in the UK, but is ambiguous on the US.

It doesn't seem consistent with things like boxing being a legal sport, but there you go.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

schpeelah wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Permission is tricky though. On multiple occasions I've been given permission to choke women to the point of unconsciousness but if something went wrong I'd be considered legally responsible. I got into a bit of a scuffle a while back when I accidentally gave someone a concussion during a scene.
I recall a statement by a policeman to the effect that if something doesn't go wrong, you're still committing a crime. Because lots of things are legal with consent, but violence isn't one of them. Wikipedia says things certainly work like this in the UK, but is ambiguous on the US.

It doesn't seem consistent with things like boxing being a legal sport, but there you go.
It's actually really easy. Technically boxing and sex play are governed by the same rules, but in practice:
1) It's really easy to prove someone consented to boxing you in a ring in front of a bunch of people, because they probably wouldn't be in the ring wearing boxing gloves if they didn't want to box. It is much harder to prove someone consented to you chocking them to unconsciousness in bed, because there are lots of reasons they would be in bed, and probably no one else was present, and no one 100% believes sex waivers, because getting things fake signed is easy, and it's really hard to know that they consented this time, as opposed to some past time.
2) Judges probably like boxing, and if they do like sex play, they have to pretend they don't, because you'll never get promoted to the Appeals Court if you admit that you are a filthy pervert who likes sex.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Essence
Knight-Baron

Post by Essence »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Go! Stand in the corner and think about what you just did!
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

:lmao:
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

That's Elvira.
Why do i recognize her? x.x
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Stahlseele wrote:That's Elvira.
Why do i recognize her? x.x
It's the big....hair. :tongue:
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Food that is actively bad for you.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I would buy tentacle-shaped fries in a heartbeat.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

ImageImage
(devs said it's possible to rush to the final boss right away without bothering to collect all the fancy special items before)
Last edited by maglag on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Those last couple of images had me checking for the [NSFW] in the title...
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Zuckerberg tapes camera and microphone on his laptop.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Yeah, it's possible to secretly activate those remotely.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Yeah, he said that privacy is a thing of the past, but he bought all the houses around his own to make sure he's got some privacy.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Zuckerberg has actually been hacked multiple times. Which isn't surprising, given how high profile a target he is.