[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Depends, Archimedes tells Orr. How willing would you be to participate in a "bacchanal rite?" he asks as he raises an iron brow.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr puts a finger to his chin, "Hmm... been a while. Heh, last time..."

He drones on for a while unless stopped.

"...and I'll never look at kumquats the same way again. Anyway, yeah, sure, I guess. I mean, as long as they're not planning on using anything made of iron or steel. Tuning forks aren't an inherently bad idea, but I forgot to mention it early on and that didn't end so well that other time."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

(The lizard feed actually consists of various insects. They like the flies.)
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Ah alright. editing that out then.)
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Don't think they're using any metal, Archimedes explains. They wouldn't take me because I'm made of iron. Gonna miss the pleasures of the flesh... he finishes, somewhat sadly.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Yeah, the elder did say it's permanent. But who knows, we might find some way to reverse it some day."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Could be worse, Archimedes replies with a shrug. Least I'm not a statue, he adds with a bit of a grin (or whatever equivalent his snout can muster).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Well, in any case I'm ready to go face the beast."

Orr will take some rope off from his dog. "Since we have to face it blind, perhaps you should lead the way as you can navigate by smell. Tie this around yourself. Malogos and I can follow you along it. Where is he anyway?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Sure Archimedes agrees. As for Malagos, think he was looking for an inn to perform a ritual. Probably still there. Didn't want to interrupt. By now he's hopefully done.

With that, Archimedes will head off to try to find the inn where Malagos is staying.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The "Inn" is actually a designated camping area for foreigners off the square, with water and other facilities for pack animals, and a small hostel with basic species-generic accommodations that suit most humanoids and tauroids. In other words, sturdy, low-slung couches with thin blankets, small fountains with bowls of water at varying height, and designated fire pits. It isn't exactly regal, but it's free. You find Malagos in a secluded corner, gesticulating as a skeleton assembles itself around a pair of black gems.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Still not wishing to interrupt, Archimedes will sit calmly and wait for the skeleton to finish assembling.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Looks like this could take a while. So, when's the bacchanal rite supposed to happen?"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Tonight. Stone-Eater has more details. Going to check now.

With that, Archimedes heads off to the Stone-Eater, ideally with Orr in tow. Got your flesh supplicant, he tells the merchant.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Orr will load up on 2 water tokens (free or immediate action boost saves by 3 for a turn), 2 air tokens (free or immediate action action boost AC by 3 for a turn),1 earth token (free or immediate action action boost DR by 3 for a turn) and one ethereal token (can be used as air token) and use whichever ones seem appropriate. He can restore a token with a standard action, or all tokens with three full round actions in two turns)

"Uh, hi."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

To the rat, "Know anything about the bacchanal rites here? Kinda wondering if I'm risking going insane or anything of that nature."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Tonight. Stone-Eater has more details. Going to check now.

With that, Archimedes heads off to the Stone-Eater, ideally with Orr in tow. Got your flesh supplicant, he tells the merchant.
*Oh, excellent!* the Stone-Eater claps its three hands. *I was really in a pickle! Just have them be at the Weaver's stall at dusk. Now, let's settle our transaction.*

You go through the necessary paperwork, and the Stone-Eater hands you the box with the amulet - along with an inch-thick stack of copper sheets in a brass cover, bound together with bronze rings. *Operator's manual. Full refund for any reason by the next full moon.*
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:39 am Post subject:
To the rat, "Know anything about the bacchanal rites here? Kinda wondering if I'm risking going insane or anything of that nature."
The rat strokes their whiskers and scrutinizes the sky, where the moon is just visible despite the daylight. "The Weavers are fey creatures. It is the wrong time of year for sacrificial rites. Many of their rituals are predicated on a balance of male and female energies - I would judge that you should be same enough, being half-fey yourself."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Wonder if this'll result in a sex change...)
Orr scratches his head. "Non fey are affected differently?"
Ancient History wrote:the Stone-Eater claps its three hands.
(Could you go into more detail about this?)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The rat looks uncomfortable. "I do not wish to talk about it. I was young, and...overly curious. In any case, I am given to understand that things are not the same for everyone."

Stone-Eater, for reference.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Okay then. Ah right, I forgot to ask about this earlier. Do you know anything about the scalyfolk in the clouds?"

(How does it clap with three hands? Third hand clapping against a surface?)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

(They sort of all come together above it's head.)

The rat's tail thumps on the ground. "Bastards."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"They were doing the same thing as the ethereal eyes under the spring. Didn't say or do anything else after that though. Anyway, I've got some time to burn before dusk. You guys hungry?"

Orr will look around to see what foods they have around the market.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

"If you're still alive and have your own shape, don't stress it." The rat says.

There are a wide range of food-stuffs available in the market, most of them relatively cheap (1/2 book costs). There is little in the way of meat, but there are a variety of edible insects, fruits, hot noodles (served in a thick broth with what appears to be eyes), monkey heads in ice (whose brains appear to be a kind of dessert delicacy), many varieties of beer, wine, mead, bread, fried cakes, and a variety of edible liquids sold by the weavers.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Archimedes pours over the user manual carefully (assuming he can read it).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The manual is written in three languages - none of which Archimedes is familiar with - but there are illustrations. There's a certain ceremony to putting the thing on, apparently, and the exact effect is determined by which "leg" of the triskelion is pointing upwards when placed on the breast. While the languages are unknown, the numbering system seems to be straight forward - the copper leg is |, the silver leg is ||, and the gold leg is |||.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr will order some eyeball noodles and fried cakes and buy some meat for his dog and the cone. He'll then deposit the necessary amount of GP to the mother to even out his account.