[IC]Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Archimedes opens his mouth - this turns out to be a mistake, as the goop flows into his mouth and lungs. Fortunately, the iron half-minotaur no longer needs to breathe, so the process is more uncomfortable than anything else.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Fire away, Archimedes replies to Orr. Inhaled some of the stuff though, probably should check that out once we get out of here.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Alright. You're standing up straight right?"

Assuming Orr is around 20 ft away from Archimedes and that they've taken efforts to keep that distance consistent, Orr will powered Fireblast Archimedes in the face, trying to not also destroy the rope (5 ft Radius, 6d6 Fire damage, DC 17 Reflex halves).

"Again?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Archimedes feels a strong sensation of warmth, and the gooey material engulfing his head lessens in weight and ceases to be so...gooey. At the very least, it has ceased to move.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Thanks, Archimedes replies, shaking his head in an attempt to see if the goo will come off now.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Some of it seems baked on, but most of it falls free easily. There is still a quantity of it in Archimedes' lungs, which is uncomfortable, but it seems to be quiescent. Unfortunately, the smell of burnt goo now fills Archimedes' sense of smell.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You got it, [Archimedes tells Orr. Damn stuff's dead but still blocking my scent, he grumbles telepathically. You hear from Malagos?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"He said something tried to grab him. Could be trouble. Let's head back."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos hears a retching sound rather close behind him, and feels a wave of something warm and liquid roll over his feet. It burns slightly.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Archimedes nods in agreement with Orr, turning around and opening his eyes (although not before attempting to wipe off any goo that may still be on them) and then heading back in Malagos' direction.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

Malagos opens his eyes a sliver.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Malagos sees Orr before him, and Archimedes approaching; at his feet his boots are smoking gently in what appears to be a thin, greasy vomit. He can see part of a brain in the bile.

It suddenly occurs to Malagos that he hasn't seen the green cone in some time...
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Hey guys. Anyone seen our cone?
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

No... Archimedes replies, continuing in Malagos' direction to examine the bile. ...We just fried it, didn't we? He relays this information to Orr if the fey choker hasn't already heard.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"What... Shit... Wait, do you think someone threw it on your head just to fuck with us?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Possibly, though I don't know who. Basilisk didn't have arms, so probably not it.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"I'm going to see if we have company outside." Orr will fly up (run action, max 90 ft going up) through the cave ceiling and once he's sure he's around 70 ft above the cave (and hoping he's beyond the gaze range of any groundbound basilisks), he'll lift his blindfold slightly and look around, letting his allies know what he sees. (Standard or move action remaining)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

(assuming Orr blinks through the soil instead trying to fly straight through it) Orr flies up above the mushroom tops. At the entrance, he sees a large, horned green lizard with wings. It appears to be retching and trying to scrape it's tongue against a large 'shroom.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Orr looks around to see if he can spot Thrull, his dog and his lizards.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Thrull, the rats, and the dogs are not apparent, but Orr can see the pack-lizards. They appear to have retreated back to the sign at the start of the trail.

The large winged lizard-thing at the entrance to the burrow appears to be done barfing, and is taking several deep breaths.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You see anything? Archimedes asks Orr telepathically, assuming he can reach him. You there?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Yeah, there's some sort of large winged green lizard creature that just finished throwing up at the entrance of the cave. Maybe it's the basilisk's mate?"

Orr will then put on the blindfold again and descend back down to where the others are.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You want to off it now? Archimedes asks. If it is the basilisk's mate we're gonna have to kill it soon and we haven't found the basilisk yet.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Sure, probably easier if two of them aren't together. Still don't know how the cone got on your head, and what attacked Malogos though."
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

I am fully onboard with any plan involving violence.[/b]