It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

shit I'll stat him up. not full stats just like, the relevant ones I noticed.

Pete L., Westchester Street Doc
Known Attributes:
Logic 5*
Charisma 2

Known Skills:
First Aid 6 (Wound Closure +2)
Unarmed Combat 2 (Grappling +2)
Intimidate 4 (Mental +2)
Biotech 2+

*Being a black Trump supporter invalidates him from having max human logic.

Known Disadvantages
Uncouth
Uncouth AGAIN somehow
Incompetent: Ettiquette
Incompetent: Con
Last edited by Neurosis on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
erik
King

Post by erik »

Josh_Kablack wrote:
erik wrote:First up. Aharon, stop being so gay and get with that man.

So I have to share this because AT&T is awful.
Amatuers.

Now maybe if they would have gotten you off DSL by disconnecting your service without telling you, then double billing you for the new and "improved" service, then not actually telling you the phone number for the bundled landline, then continuing to double bill you after disconnecting the wrong phone number, then they would be competitive with Verizon's ISP customer service.....now that Verizon has improved so much from when I had them 10 years back.
Well, they returned again today and 6 hours later we have our faster* internets. Downside, U-verse crashes my poor gimpy macbook.

I think I figured it out. It had IPv6 enabled by default, and that's apparently cancer to my poor decrepit lappy. I'll have to see if my mac can internet for the rest of the day without hard crashing. Before it was like every 5 minutes and all I could do was a hard shut down. No force quit or nothing.

*I've run speed tests and it has varied from a bit under 2 MB/sec to 13.1 MB/sec at the top side. Possibly mrs erik was using wifi with her phone in another room, fouling my scientific enterprise tho.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

and i stand by my point that IPv6 is stupid for LAN and should only be used on the WAN side of things because the IP-Adresses outside are getting rare and used up pretty damn fast, if they haven't been completely bought up by now.
If you have a NAT anyway, you can just as well keep LAN-Side to IPv4 and NAT that to IPv6 WAN side <.<
Now, if they completely rework how networking works and actually do get rid of NAT because with IPv6 there's trillions of IP-Adresses that can be used then that, of course changed everything. Also makes every single networked devices worldwide instantly 100% discernable.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

So I got some pretty shitty news tonight. A good friend of mine from high school, who I haven't seen in a while, died from epilepsy, and it came as kinda of a shock. I mean, I'm feeling... honestly, I'm depressed and kinda scared, too. I mean, he was younger than me, which, y'know, makes you think.

Anyway, I feel kinda upside down, and this hasn't been all that great a year for me, since my grandfather passed away a few months ago. So, yeah, hard times.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

:(
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

My condolences, Shrapnel.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Shrapnel wrote:So I got some pretty shitty news tonight. A good friend of mine from high school, who I haven't seen in a while, died from epilepsy, and it came as kinda of a shock. I mean, I'm feeling... honestly, I'm depressed and kinda scared, too. I mean, he was younger than me, which, y'know, makes you think.
I've lost quite a few friends and acquaintances to gun crime. Some on the job, some just ganked by muggers while walking down the street or eating in a restaurant, some even by mafia conflict.

My heart goes out to you. I know how you feel.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Last edited by Neurosis on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

Shrapnel, I'm really sorry to hear that. That's awful.

On a lighter note, and on a personal note:

(Actually, sniffing glue one of the few stupid drugs I don't actually do. But I had picked today as one of my days to detox from weed and booze and boy was that a fucking mistake that I immediately corrected he typed drunkedly.)
Last edited by Neurosis on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

So yeah, I fell out while riding my bike last week. Since I had nothing seriously wrong with me other than being fat they did some tests. My heartbeat is all messed up (which is something that's been known for years), but my doc is more concerned about weird swollen lymph nodes in my chest. Running some tests but people are throwing around the "c" word which seems unreal to me. I think my GF and my father are more upset about the whole thing than I am though.

Although I kind of feel vindicated. I've been complaining of weakness, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations for years and I keep getting brushed off because I'm fat, and the doctor tries to put me back on statins even though they left me bedridden and in excruciating pain the last time I was on them. Not saying it's bad advice to tell me to slim down a bit, but this stuff is ridiculous.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

There are some cases where it sucks to be right. That is one.
I hope you can get a better, more exact, diagnosis . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

So far it's been weird. A PET scan shows all of my lymph nodes are lit up like crazy, but whatever it is I should be showing more symptoms other than constant fatigue and occasional profuse sweating. Going in for a biopsy tomorrow, hopefully they can figure it out because right now my doc doesn't know what it could be. However I've found out that a rather large number of male relatives had Hodgkin's lymphoma when they were about my age so my uneducated guess is it's that.

Fun fact, every time a doctor asked me why I didn't report these symptoms earlier I respond honestly, that I thought it was just because I'm fat. They typically make a weird face but don't say anything. Turns out that even if you are 70-80 pounds overweight it's not normal to go from extremely active to being barely able to move in a few years. Especially if you're only in your mid 30's.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Count, are you on any medication that might be causing you to gain weight?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

No, and I literally have documentation that I've been about the same weight for almost 10 years now, +/- 10 or so pounds. Gaining weight isn't the issue (although losing it has been less that fruitful).
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

If you're exercising, the only thing left is diet. Try to regulate your sugar and saturated fat intake. That's my culprit....

EDIT: Neurosis, I detoxed from Zoloft recently, it was hell in a handbasket for a month.

But that's nothing compared to the abuse my brain went through when I combined vodka and oxy years ago. I think my posts are still here in this forum from that time.
*shudder*
Last edited by JonSetanta on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'm not sure you're actually following what I'm posting...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm getting real tired of my lactose-intolerant, allergy-prone, smelly living state. If anyone's holding out on a ritual to become a lich, I want it, damnit.

Edit- apparently I was not as successful in avoiding dairy last night as I thought. I picked up chips to have with dinner last night, and specifically chose the guacamole flavor of the off brand Doritos because there was no reason to expect it to have milk, unlike nacho cheese or zesty ranch. Checked the bag when I got home today. They fucking have milk in them, which explains why I have fucking abdominal pain today, and makes me pretty much fucking done with food.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Still waiting on the official results on my biopsy but the doc says it's likely it's sarcoidosis and not cancer. He wanted to run the full tests to make 100% sure but that's better news than I had expected.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well, that sounds better at least.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The last delivery I took at work tonight was to an apartment with a trump yard sign. So, you know, I already knew that the person was an asshole.

Then they opened the door, and I noticed, pretty much in order-
1. The algiz futhark rune tattoo on their arm
2. The algiz futhark rune necklace
3. The Mjolnir pendant on another necklace
4. The algiz futhark rune on their door just below the peephole.

When I got a chance to double check the algiz rune's meaning, I found that it specifically had major significance in nazi mysticism

It's a really weird feeling to have delivered pizza to someone who'd probably want you dead if they knew much about you....
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I assume most people would want me dead if they knew me. Eventually you get used to it.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, but I mean... I'm polish by descent, neither christian nor germanic pagan, I'm pansexual, and trans.

I'm like four corners on Final Solution Bingo.

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Money is money; your interaction or entertainment with with that American History X wannabe should have began and ended when they put the money in your hand.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Biopsy results came back finally, it's not cancer. It's sarcoidosis which is easier to treat.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That sucks, but that's great. Cancer's a bitch.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.