Election 2016

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

I'm not sure what you're about ogre with the bimbo line. That interview was remarkable for being Ivanka being sheltered in her bubble. To accuse an interviewer of lying and calling the interview right after threatening to cut it based upon some non hardball questions. Wow.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Ogre's post is unrelated. He's referring to the leaked Colin Powell emails, in which Powell had something to say about Bill Clinton "dicking bimbos" (yes, his words). Though incidentally I can't help but feel like it'd also make a nice "accidentally honest" title for Trump's maternity leave plans. Woefully inadequate benefits aimed at encouraging women (and women only) to abandon their careers and become stay-at-home moms? It doesn't exactly paint a flattering picture of what Trump thinks of women, does it?
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

Ahh Tio Tomas : (
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
erik
King

Post by erik »

DSMatticus wrote:Ogre's post is unrelated. He's referring to the leaked Colin Powell emails, in which Powell had something to say about Bill Clinton "dicking bimbos" (yes, his words). Though incidentally I can't help but feel like it'd also make a nice "accidentally honest" title for Trump's maternity leave plans. Woefully inadequate benefits aimed at encouraging women (and women only) to abandon their careers and become stay-at-home moms? It doesn't exactly paint a flattering picture of what Trump thinks of women, does it?
Ah! That makes more sense. I've been extra busy this week and my news intake has been more limited.

I meant to add to the Ivanka trump interview that it was a bit damning for me that she just laughed at a clear and serious problem raised for paternity leave (i.e. That there isn't any).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christoph ... 29434.html

A gentle reminder that Mike Pence is an asshole that claims Christianity as an excuse for being an asshole, and that Mike Pence does not understand the English language.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Is that real?!
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Maj wrote:Is that real?!
Unlabeled satire.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Is it? Shit, I'm sorry. This election has me willing to believe any shit attributed to coming out of their mouths.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/prieb ... le/2602126

I whole-heartedly support the GOP self-purge. Let only the True Scotsmen remain!
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/trump-u ... ts/#disqus

Just when you thought things couldn't get any stupider...
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

So, the 1st debate is over. Quick reaction seems to have Clinton solidly winning. Going forward impact remains the key question, but Trump seems to have gone into 'blatantly sexist and racist' mode at several points during the debate, which ought to help Clinton overall. Clinton and moderator Lester Holt both called out Trump on some of his more regular lies, which is likely to shape the media narrative.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

First debate went about as you might expect. The fact-checkers online were tearing it apart in real time, but I doubt it cost Trump any of his core support. Of course, at this point I'm not sure what could do that. The only real surprise was the smug moment were Trump basically admitted he didn't pay any federal income taxes.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"It's inappropriate, and it's not nice" - best laugh line of the night.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Re: the debate.

We're entering some kind of post-factual era, as despite Hillary "winning", the race seemingly became closer.

The world is split into echo-chambers right now, and Reality has became secondary. I already discussed with Brazilians who said that Reagan saved American economy while FDR tried to destroy it. They directed me to mises.org links that "prove" this. It's incredibly depressing, and I keep seeing the same thing happening on other countries.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

538 isn't magically up to the minute. The post-debate polls haven't happened yet, and then they have to be tabulated, released, and incorporated into 538's model. It takes a few days.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Nate Silver explicitly said he expects to see a bump for Hillary in a couple of days. As noted, the 538 results are a few days behind.

Now, their articles are put out frequently, so you can get commentary from the editors a bit earlier.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

nockermensch wrote:Re: the debate.

We're entering some kind of post-factual era, as despite Hillary "winning", the race seemingly became closer.

The world is split into echo-chambers right now, and Reality has became secondary. I already discussed with Brazilians who said that Reagan saved American economy while FDR tried to destroy it. They directed me to mises.org links that "prove" this. It's incredibly depressing, and I keep seeing the same thing happening on other countries.
538 wrote:As a warning, you should give the debate five to seven days to be fully reflected in FiveThirtyEight’s forecasts. It will take a couple of days before reliable, post-debate polls are released, and then another couple of days before the model recognizes them to be part of a trend instead of potential outliers.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Ancient History wrote:First debate went about as you might expect. The fact-checkers online were tearing it apart in real time, but I doubt it cost Trump any of his core support. Of course, at this point I'm not sure what could do that.
Caught in bed with a live boy or a dead Hilary.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Mechalich
Knight-Baron

Post by Mechalich »

Trump's core support is probably untouchable, but there's a surprising number of available voters that could be recruited to Clinton - especially from the disaffected under-35s who have so far been claiming they'll support Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.
SlyJohnny
Duke

Post by SlyJohnny »

Have you guys seen this idiocy going around about Julian Assange releasing a leak that proves the debate moderator gave Hillary all the questions in advance so she could prepare? There is no such leak to be found, but that's not stopping these fuckwits from sharing it all over Facebook.

Honestly, what pisses me off the most is that our political discourse is even more stupid lately, so I can't default to rolling my eyes with an indulgent smile at our American cousins. You're not going to elect Trump, but we DID wind up with Theresa Fucking May as our prime minister, the woman who thinks Brexit was a good idea and has undertaken so much tampering with "independent" reports critical of both Snoopers Charter proposals and the inefficacy of punitive laws targeting illegal drug use, that she actually qualifies for co-authorial credit. So if you sanely and soberly hold your noses and vote for Clinton while we settle in for 5 more years of jingoistic bullshit sometime in 2020, we're going to look like a bunch of assholes.
erik
King

Post by erik »

SlyJohnny wrote:we DID wind up with Theresa Fucking May as our prime minister, the woman who thinks Brexit was a good idea
I thought much hay was made of that she was opposed to Brexit and as PM she was going to abide by the vote despite her own position.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

It is a bit of a sticky point as Cameron's former Director of Communication has put out in a book about how Cameron was not as supported by May as many thought and how she was possibly acting as an 'enemy agent' to undermine the Pro-Remain side from within.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... arty-split

Of course this has started a bit of a row with May supporters.
Last edited by sendaz on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.