ZOMG, all harsh Internet critics are 'trolls111'

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Re: ZOMG, all harsh Internet critics are 'trolls111'

Post by Koumei »

Neeek, I was just referencing Alice in Wonderland (and in that instance, the Cheshire Cat meant mad as in "crazy"). I'd like to think that even those who post in an angry manner a lot here are actually much more calm.

And I approve of your messages there in general. Just the right level of insulting to be funny.

Oh, and I didn't find the reviews funny either, though the reactions to them are another matter. For funny "hateful rants" I go to Zero Punctuation, and of course the game reviews that you get here.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1203847839[/unixtime]]Neeek, I was just referencing Alice in Wonderland (and in that instance, the Cheshire Cat meant mad as in "crazy"). I'd like to think that even those who post in an angry manner a lot here are actually much more calm.

And I approve of your messages there in general. Just the right level of insulting to be funny.

I know. I was just taking the opportunity to rail against other people. I wasn't really disagreeing with you.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Neeek at [unixtime wrote:1203847271[/unixtime]]
To Captain Bleach: You don't seem to understand why people have repeatably have called you on your random anti-Frank's-rhetoric in the past. Frank may be harsh for people who don't know him, but those people can bite me. That includes you. Oh, fuck it. That is specifically directed at you.

I'm different now (or at least I think that I am). I have other things to complain about other than Frank, and I'm sorry if I appear angry towards Frank if that offends/angers you.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Neeek, tone it down. Now.
[/TGFBS]
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I dunno, I think he's got a point.

Normally, I don't think of winning people 'to my side'. I pick some facts, and people can take it or leave it. I've just gone beyond caring if people want it.

Can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. So I've stopped leading, and just pointing. Water is over there. If you want it, you'll figure it out.

-Crissa
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[TGFBS]
I never said he didn't have a point. I said his harsh tone needed to be dialed down.
[/TGFBS]
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Those "reviews" were good for a laugh, but that's about it. The example as to why I dislike them would probably be the one for Chugworth Academy.

Does Chugworth Academy suck? Yeah, in my opinion, it's a pretty horrible comic. Does the reviewer talk about why it sucks? No, the closest she comes to that is pointing out its overuse of stereotypes. The rest of that entire review is taken up by personal attacks against the authors, the authors' past jobs, and the authors' art (which is actually pretty well-done for comic art).

If I'm looking for a review, I want a review. Not a soup of personal attacks with no content.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Surgo at [unixtime wrote:1204660322[/unixtime]]
If I'm looking for a review, I want a review. Not a soup of personal attacks with no content.

Since when did anyone on this board that the articles were reviews?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

You, Bleach, in the first post of this thread.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

angelfromanotherpin at [unixtime wrote:1204684956[/unixtime]]You, Bleach, in the first post of this thread.

Congratulations for calling me out when I didn't know what I was talking about.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Remember to congratulate everyone, all the time.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1204726895[/unixtime]]Remember to congratulate everyone, all the time.

That way, everyone's a winner!

P.S. Edited post before the congratulatory one to include me.
KauTZ
1st Level

Post by KauTZ »

Wait... when did I say that these blog post's where actually reviews?

I've just been saying that they're right in most (all) cases. Saying shit smells isn't really a review.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

KauTZ at [unixtime wrote:1204760929[/unixtime]]Wait... when did I say that these blog post's where actually reviews?

I've just been saying that they're right in most (all) cases. Saying shit smells isn't really a review.

Sorry if I misinterpreted you.