[DnD 4e]Looking for obscure rules loophole

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Smirnoffico
Journeyman

[DnD 4e]Looking for obscure rules loophole

Post by Smirnoffico »

I don't even know how this happened, but I'm participating in a DnD 4e game.
My DM says he's found a way to embed warforged components in normal living races (practically creating implants) and challenged me to find it as well.

I'm not very fluent in DnD 4 (like at all), so I need help (asking for help is fine by the rules of the challenge).

This way is compendium-compliant, which means no house ruling or items from some adventure. It is a way to mass produce implants, so it's not a class feature or power (like paragon self-forged). I have narrowed the possible solution down to a general feat, item effect or ritual effect. Almost sure it's an item.

Can you guys help me out here?
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

I'm one of the few people who enjoyed playing 4e in part years ago (even though it's bad, and constant gear checking be dumb), and even then I've no idea on any of this.

Closest I could find was about Shardminds, and thus my guess is ye sculpt one out to look human-like. Course that's not mass-producing, so my wild guess is the magical item ritual in core, or some eberron ritual that lets you do so.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
ScottS
Journeyman

Post by ScottS »

Dragon 380, Ring of the Warforged (lv 17), "you are able to attach (but not embed) warforged components as if you were a warforged"?