Cringe: Mike Mearls DMs - D&D Twitch Stream

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

malak
Master

Cringe: Mike Mearls DMs - D&D Twitch Stream

Post by malak »

Last edited by malak on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Re: Cringe: Mike Mearls DMs - D&D Twitch Stream

Post by phlapjackage »

For those with a stronger stomach than mine: how does this video compare to the early-release-playtest one where Mearls was playing a dwarf rapper character?
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
MarlinRos
NPC

Post by MarlinRos »

I dunno, I quite enjoyed this session. Sure, it had a few cringy moments, but that's ok. haha
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Says the guy who joined the forum specifically to make this post. Seems 'spishy to me.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Joined before this thread was started, though.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I cringe at most any RP recording I hear. Especially if I’m involved. Not only do I have to hear my voice sound wrong, but I wind up being my own worst critic as well.

It always feels to me like even on a recording you kinda had to be there.
Krusk
Knight-Baron

Post by Krusk »

I searched for, and then bookmarked that playthrough as soon as i saw he was dming on video again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXF01pu97c

It was so bad.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

So... why is Mearls still relevant?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

An RPG is a performance where the audience is the players. I can't imagine watching an RPG to be particularly satisfying, any more than watching the audience of a ballet to be particularly enjoyable.

-Username17
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

FrankTrollman wrote:An RPG is a performance where the audience is the players. I can't imagine watching an RPG to be particularly satisfying, any more than watching the audience of a ballet to be particularly enjoyable.

-Username17
To be fair, plenty of players out there making a nice living out of Let's Plays and Streaming themselves.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

RelentlessImp wrote:So... why is Mearls still relevant?
Because he's still in charge of D&D. To answer your follow-up "because there is no justice in the world."