Cyberpunk Fantasy Heartbreaker: Bestiary

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

If you could put one of them BENEATH the other instead of BESIDE the other, that would also help.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

OgreBattle wrote:Ok, my first character is going to be a cyborg Asura
You called?

But anyway, the utility part would make sense, help in part explain how Asuras of Mythology always each wielding a different weapon. I myself, am rather interested to see how @Man, and Street Sam turn out. If I assume bodily attributes are useless on a @Man, does this mean that high mental attributes would be more useful, and thus Asura make good @Man's?

Also, will you be looking at any other playable races down the road, like vampires, Drakes and so on (even though for more horror creatures, what After Sundown is about, but yeah).
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Super-ultimate thread necromancy ho!

Your current write-up has carnivore asuras and vegetarian elves. This seems backwards. The Sidhe and the Vanir were famous hunters, illusion magic is great for hunting, and you've already specified that elves are psychologically adapted for solitude and self-reliance. Asuras, on the other hand, are most common in the regions where vegan superpowers are an actual part of mythology.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Orion wrote:Super-ultimate thread necromancy ho!

Your current write-up has carnivore asuras and vegetarian elves. This seems backwards. The Sidhe and the Vanir were famous hunters, illusion magic is great for hunting, and you've already specified that elves are psychologically adapted for solitude and self-reliance. Asuras, on the other hand, are most common in the regions where vegan superpowers are an actual part of mythology.
Mythologically, asuras are beings that fail at being ascetic enough for vegan superpowers, so they flip out like all the time. They're consumptive monsters of emotion. Elves are considered dandelion eaters in the Tolkien/D&D modern envisioning.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

Something I missed the first time through this:

One of the main sources of vitamin A is liver. :tongue: