Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Looks more like Arkham High.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Last edited by Ancient History on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Was a canceled animated series that was planned.

A pic showing more of the characters:

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

The problem with a Batman-in-high-school story is that there's, like, three or four well-known good guy characters in the Bat Family (Batman himself, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, and now we're already scraping around for different versions of Robin), and then lots and lots of well-known villains. Usually in high school dramas you've got the main character and their two-ish friends, a similarly sized clique of bully nemeses, and then lots of other characters who can appear as antagonists or protagonists depending on the needs of the current plot. Catwoman, Two-Face, and Freeze can at least flip-flop, but still, it's going to have trouble escaping the vibe of "Bruce's friends vs. the world" when half the cast are in the "bully nemesis" bucket.

Also, does Gotham High have no teachers? Teachers who are cruel, helpful, or eccentric are a pretty critical component of the high school drama.
Last edited by Chamomile on Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Let's see, I'm not a huge Bat Family nerd, but there's Dick, Tim and Cass, off the top of my head. There's also Damien, but he could be difficult to fit into "Batman in High School," given that in the normal canon he's Bruce's son. In "Batman in High School," you could maybe make Damien Bruce's younger brother. Yes, Dick, Tim and Damien are various Robins/former Robins, and Cass is a Batwoman, but they're characters that a person only tangentially into Batman might recognize.

So you've got Bruce, Babs, Dick, Tim, Cass, and maybe Damien, which is a good number of protags.

A lot of Batman rogues actually have pretty sympathetic depths if the writers care to include them. Selena, Harvey, Harley, Croc, Riddler, even Bane, Clayface and Ivy can be your "sometimes antagonist, sometimes protagonist" characters. Freeze, too, but I personally think Freeze would be better in the teacher role. You can include Jason Todd/Red Hood as a flip-flopper, too, as a former Robin who now in the comics is a bit of a flip-flopper, since he's basically "Batman, but willing to kill" as Red Hood.

I would say you could delineate Joker, Oswald, Black Mask and Zsasz as your core "always antagonists" characters (tho, Zsasz needs to be altered for a High School setting...).

Make Freeze, Hugo Strange, Ra's, Calendar Man, Cluemaster, James Gordon, Kirk Langstrom (Man-Bat) and maybe Mad Hatter, Arnold Wesker (Ventriloquist), and Maxie Zeus your core teacher cast, and you could make it work.

Scarecrow could go into any group and work well.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Could have also had Tommy/Hush as on the surface Bruce's friend but has been talking shit about him behind his back.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Definitely. I meant to include Hush in there, but forgot, I guess.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Looks dumb.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

I'd prefer this premise to Gotham's travesty.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Prak wrote:and Cass is a Batwoman
Batgirl actually. The modern Batwoman (last time I checked, they keep changing this sort of thing) isn't connected with Batman, just was inspired by him. She's now got her own TV series starring Ruby Rose, so maybe she'd have name recognition? There was another Batgirl after Cassandra that nobody much liked.

I might add Huntress to that, but she actually is a school teacher, might keep her as staff instead. In the Birds of Prey TV series from way back, Barbara Gordon was the teacher, again might be worth keeping her as that, she also got to be a mentor figure in the Birds of Prey comics.

You could have the Gotham City Sirens (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman) as the cool/mean girl clique which you have to have in any high school thing, without them being really evil.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Thaluikhain wrote: Batgirl actually. The modern Batwoman (last time I checked, they keep changing this sort of thing) isn't connected with Batman, just was inspired by him. She's now got her own TV series starring Ruby Rose, so maybe she'd have name recognition?
Nope they using DC Rebirth version, Ruby Rose is playing Bruce Wayne's cousin Katherine "Kate" Kane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman_(TV_series)
Last edited by Leress on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Ah, thanks, didn't know that.

Oh, Rachel Skarsten (who was in Birds of Prey) is Alice.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The very cliquishness of highschool means that you could do Gotham High with different groups of villains being different cliques. Evil science nerds, evil jocks, evil drama club, and evil stoners all kind of populate themselves.

Like, you have the evil jocks get out of football practice and Bane, Croc, and Mark Desmond start pushing people around. And then you have the evil science nerds of Victor Fries, Pam Ivy, Hugo Strange, and John Crane pull some stunt. And then you have the evil drama club start some trouble with Joker, Scarface, and Clayface doing shenanigans. And of course your evil student government of Harvey Dent, Oswald Cobblepot, Hamilton Hill, and Rupert Thorne.

-Username17
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Did anyone watch DC Super Girls? More than one or two minutes and then getting fed up, I mean. Similar premise, I think, or at least it seemed to be for the first one or two minutes.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I think that DC Super Girls was... Maybe for a kid audience, not a high school audience. I watched it when I was in a very particular mood because it was too much for 99% of the time. I don't remember (but I really could be wrong) liking shows that spastic when I was in high school.

(While I am not recommending the show, I did think it was kind of awesome that they picked Eartha Kitt's Catwoman for the all of two or three episodes she shows up in.)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

I need bleach for my brain...
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm sure that's someone's horrifying fetish.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Am I the only person that thinks the "your" is the worst part of that?
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »