It hurts to talk about it
4%
A dangerous addiction
9%

Total votes: 57

owlassociate
1st Level

Post by owlassociate »

I'll tell you what I'm not here for. It's this thread, whose only redeeming quality is The Count's budding homosexuality.
Dickolaus Von Scrotunheim is no coward
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Budding? :wink:
Last edited by The Adventurer's Almanac on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

deaddmwalking wrote:I'm not saying it's good that people think that, but it was built into the rules. A 20th level commoner is a thing that exists. Clearly, a 20th level commoner isn't supposed to be as good as a 20th level fighter which implies level means 'the best you can be in your niche' and not 'equal power level'.

If they capped commoners at level 4 it would have done a lot to make it clear that some concepts expire.
Said commoner is likely either the world's greatest farmer, a notable labor union leader, or Secretary-General of the Silverymoon Communist Party.
Last edited by Libertad on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

If I had to pick a low point for 3E sillyness, "20th level commoners" would be it.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Budding? :wink:
Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.