Still more Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Tydanosaurus
Journeyman

Post by Tydanosaurus »

Leress wrote:Titanium Dragon is just knee jerking and it's not pretty. Oh no what if they fly over the jungle? What if they decide to torch the jungle? Maybe they are trying to tell you...screw your jungle. If TD can't adapt to players skip over a place then overland flight is not the problem.
It's almost like he doesn't believe flying encounters are possible. Or traps in the air. Or invisible flying genies. Or castles on clouds. Or. . .

Well, I think we know the gamer that 4E is made for, don't we?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Koumei wrote:RC: The funniest errata ever was Complete Shit. The Psi-fans were so desperate for some form of recognition or support that they'd do anything for another book... then they ended up paying for a book full of nerfs, and promptly proposed that they ignore that book's existence and go back to whining that WotC never releases anything for them. Despite still getting more support in supplements than any other "I can't believe it's not magic".
I never paid for it. And, hilariously, that crap founded a company, that, I hear, has the psi crowd pretty happy. :P
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

CPsi is fifteen abortions crammed into one book. All the feats and PrCs and classes manage to fail spectacularly.

On a side note, threads about common fantasy tropes that 4e shat on always have potential.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
RandomCasualty2
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty2 »

Yeah I can fully understand someone being against flight in 3.5, because 5th level is a bit too low for an ability that potent, but Titanium Dragon doesn't even want flight at epic levels.
Last edited by RandomCasualty2 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tydanosaurus
Journeyman

Post by Tydanosaurus »

Psychic Robot wrote:CPsi is fifteen abortions crammed into one book. All the feats and PrCs and classes manage to fail spectacularly.

On a side note, threads about common fantasy tropes that 4e shat on always have potential.
As an aside, if the developers delayed 4th edition so that the first 3 books could have all the 3.5 material in them . . . they'd cost in excess of $100 I'm sure. . .
4E core books list price: $104.95. FTW!1!!11!!!!!!1!1!!

You know, I don't care anymore that 4E is pwnt by epic phail, the threads alone are worth it. I salute you, WotC. You have created the perfect entertainment machine!
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

I should stop arguing with them. It's like hammering tacks into my scrotum.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Psychic Robot wrote:CPsi is fifteen abortions crammed into one book. All the feats and PrCs and classes manage to fail spectacularly.

*click*
The Wizards of the Coast community website is currently down for extended unplanned maintenance. We apologize for the delay, and hope to have it back up soon. Thank you for your patience, the Wizards Team.
Epic Fucking Win.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

I admire your fortitude, oh Psionically-Empowered Automaton. I couldn't endure that level of stupid over and over again.
The Wizards of the Coast community website is currently down for extended unplanned maintenance. We apologize for the delay, and hope to have it back up soon. Thank you for your patience, the Wizards Team.
WTF? I clicked on it like, 5 minutes ago and it worked. In before maintenance, I guess.

Woo-hoo?
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Roy wrote:

*click*
Epic Fucking Win.
The truly wonderful aspect is that they actually took the time to build a page for extended, but somehow unplanned maintenance. Which could range from the servers burning the fuck out, or they just got tired of listening to all the whiners on their forums.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ticWizards

It's a semi-thread, but I find it so apropros for those arguing for Dumb Melee Fighters, that I needed to point it out.

I hope it isn't already well-known here, and I'm having a brain fart.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

virgileso wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ticWizards

It's a semi-thread, but I find it so apropros for those arguing for Dumb Melee Fighters, that I needed to point it out.

I hope it isn't already well-known here, and I'm having a brain fart.
Well known probably, but my favorite is: Deathwheel
NoDot
Master

Post by NoDot »

Interesting factoid: I was the one to propose that article.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

I have no mouth and I must scream.
Second, you can use it to fly up on top of something and rain down death. So if you're near a wall or a house, for instance, you fly up there and shoot down from there. You are already on the ground, so are fine.

Seriously, its useful in combat, especially for avoiding it entirely, but also in other ways.
Ant wrote:
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

He certainly seems to like making all sorts of scenarios on something that leaves svcking chest wound holes in its rules. I guess this means he hates climbers too. And HOW is this any different from having a freakin' griffin mount?!
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Psychic Robot wrote:I have no mouth and I must scream.
Second, you can use it to fly up on top of something and rain down death. So if you're near a wall or a house, for instance, you fly up there and shoot down from there. You are already on the ground, so are fine.

Seriously, its useful in combat, especially for avoiding it entirely, but also in other ways.
Tell him that once you use the ritual you can't dismiss it at all. And you can't take any standard actions. (The way it is phrased, you lose your standard and minor action crash or no, using your move action for something other then moving causes the crash.)
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

I got tempbanned for baiting, so I can't.
Ant wrote:
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Don't worry, your links make me read and post over there, despite this rash that seems to be developing... :P
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
bosssmiley
Apprentice

Post by bosssmiley »

Probable repost (surely the Denizens didn't miss this one): James Wyatt trolls the Gleemax boards over "4E = WoW". :confused:

New for 4E: alchemical items!
And there are people looking at this drivel and going "Cool. That's cheap for what it is."
Last edited by bosssmiley on Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The rules serve the game, not vice versa.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Bahahaha, Tydanosaurus, you must post more often.
Ant wrote:
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards ... ic=1406.40

The fun really starts with AndyJames' first post on that page. It led here:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards ... pic=1506.0

I've been having fun with that.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Random post: I like how the WotC shills are convinced that seven pages of errata in the first two months of 4e's release are examples of professionalism.

EDIT: Aelryinth = failpwned.
Last edited by Psychic Robot on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ant wrote:
RandomCasualty2
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty2 »

Psychic Robot wrote:Random post: I like how the WotC shills are convinced that seven pages of errata in the first two months of 4e's release are examples of professionalism.
If it fixed all the problems of 4E, then I might agree. Of course, even after the errata, skill challenges still don't work at all, they still havent' fixed the problem with huge solo monster hp and there are a few broken powers still out there, like seal of binding.

Also the whole damage/hp system doesn't work after the first few levels.
Last edited by RandomCasualty2 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

ubernoob wrote:The fun really starts with AndyJames' first post on that page. It led here:
What's that supposed to be?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Bigode wrote:
ubernoob wrote:The fun really starts with AndyJames' first post on that page. It led here:
What's that supposed to be?
Stupid private forum. Won't let people without accounts read it.

Edit: I'll just repost my fav parts of that page.

You're up, Scrub.

I'm an asshole, btw.
Last edited by ubernoob on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

I think the whole Duel of Wits is just plain dumb and the only thing I can see the use of it would be to show everyone else the conversation. Just use a bloody PM.

I pretty much not care about most of the threads from BG mostly it just the same conversation I've seen countless times on WOTC forums. Don't get me started on the User Content section, good luck getting reasonable responses. I only got about one or two actual critiques of the class.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.