De canistro textrinum

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

It's a picture of a flaming brand of wood (has a perjoratve sense too). Literally.

I don't know whether that's some weird crypto-confession or what, but my bet is on random chance.

I just can't stop picturing some poor kid with half his brain missing who flails about and shrieks whenever anyone speaks to him. I really ought to be sympathetic, but his tantrums are distracting.
Last edited by fectin on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Mr. GC wrote:*WANK*
Eh, not really. People should stop taking you seriously, something I did on about page 5 of your thread and Virgil started doing now. Keep up with the wall of burning baskets (so is your cult affiliated with the Klan?) I'm sure that can only help your single-person side.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

nockermensch wrote:
Eh, not really. People should stop taking you seriously, something I did on about page 5 of your thread and Virgil started doing now. Keep up with the wall of burning baskets (so is your cult affiliated with the Klan?) I'm sure that can only help your single-person side.
I'm still on GC's side vaguely. Defiantly more than I'm on your side in this even if GC is a bit troublesome when he goes into rage mode.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, he's talking about how a 20' radius fireball expands 10' in any direction. So basically he apparently does not know what that word means.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Mr. GC wrote:You're still doing that. OK
It is a burning basket. Every time the clown wants to go and show how inept I am and then include insight into the human condition, I will shed a single tear representing my need for horse cock.

PF is a single strategy game, 3.5 is not. You'd know this if you actually read and understood my incoherent screeching, which is why you don't get it.
And this is where one can see his extra level of idiocy. The numbers and builds have shifted around, but the game is fundamentally the same, but without as much material on his BG/GitP forums for optimization. Without those crutches, he's over his head and rather than just say it's not something he bothers with, he instead declares it as a single strategy game because that's the only one he knows that still translates to PF. You see, for GC, reading books is hard (as evidenced by his inability to differentiate between 20' and 10')
Don't worry, apple of my eye, I still love you unconditionally.
Last edited by virgil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

name_here wrote:Well, he's talking about how a 20' radius fireball expands 10' in any direction. So basically he apparently does not know what that word means.
Again with the reading comprehension fail.

What I actually said was that it explodes 10 feet down the stairs, and then expands 10 feet beyond the stairs. What's 10 + 10? I know, math is hard, so I'll just tell you. It's 20!
FrankTrollman wrote:The Melee Fighter's contribution to the game is that Cleric gets to see less of the future and summon less angels. Seriously, that's his contribution. It's not harmless fun. It's showing up to restaurants without your wallet and expecting your friends to pay your way. For fun.
K wrote:Rogue is a bad choice because the game can't handle a whole party that uses stealth or a whole party doing sneak attack.
Kaelik wrote:...the party having even a chance of dying is bad, not good.
:rofl:
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
nockermensch wrote:
I'm still on GC's side vaguely. Defiantly more than I'm on your side in this even if GC is a bit troublesome when he goes into rage mode.
But you're my friend, so it's alright.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

And just when I was starting to think he'd take the hint, and we can go back to happily telling each other to fuck ourselves and each other and our respective mothers.

Very well.

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
You violated a moderator's direct order. Say goodnight, Gracie.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by Mr. GC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote:The Melee Fighter's contribution to the game is that Cleric gets to see less of the future and summon less angels. Seriously, that's his contribution. It's not harmless fun. It's showing up to restaurants without your wallet and expecting your friends to pay your way. For fun.
K wrote:Rogue is a bad choice because the game can't handle a whole party that uses stealth or a whole party doing sneak attack.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

... The only spot from which he can hit the center of the stairs is not ten feet from the stairs.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

virgil wrote:
Mr. GC wrote:You're still doing that. OK
It is a burning basket. Every time the clown wants to go and show how inept I am and then include insight into the human condition, I will shed a single tear representing my need for horse cock.

there is a point where this needs to stop and we've clearly passed it
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Lord Mistborn wrote:there is a point where this needs to stop and we've clearly passed it
I totally agree. Now we just need virgil to kindly STFU and we'll be back to dysfunctional business as usual.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Mr. GC wrote:
No. If he stands in the square you designated, he's fifteen feet away from the top of the stairs. Those stairs are protected on both sides by a solid wall. There would be no "going down" the stairway at that point, since it's at the top of the stairs. Unless, you're trying to convince me that the first five feet of the stairs drops ten feet... and that the floor wouldn't break line of effect from a drop off like that. If you're standing back fifteen feet from the stairs and you want to have the center be ten feet below the ground five feet away from the drop off, you'd have to be thirty feet tall.

There is literally no way to get the center of that fireball more than 20 feet away from you and in that stairway from that point. Period.
Except what actually happens is it goes down south, eventually hits a wall and explodes, hitting most of the room (but not Koth). Still worse than Fireballing out the hole in the wall, you know, while the targets are still outside like I actually said.
You actually had me doing it again. I was actually trying to have a conversation with you involving math, geometry, and actual pictures, and you're still showing me that you're not willing to have an intellectually honest conversation.

It was this exact topic in the other thread that told me that you were just fucking with all of us, and you managed to get me to spend another honest reply on this like I thought somehow some pictures and logic would change your mind.

But of course it won't because you're obviously fucking with us and are incapable of intellectual honesty. This is the point where I tell you to go fuck yourself and stop reading your bullshit troll posts.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

On the subject of banning GC versus Virgil, here are some things that are against the rules:

1) Spamming.
2) Counterattacking a specific poster over and over.
3) Wishing Death on Someone. Especially "Die in a Fire."

GC has obviously been doing 1, has admitted to doing 2, and arguably, since he is calling us all basketweavers, and is posting pictures of a burning basket, to go with his earlier comment about how all basketweavers deserve to burn, might be doing three.

But indeed, changing quotes is not on the main rules post. But this does make me believe that it is Roy somewhat, because I remember that being a subject that came up once upon a time, so it seems more likely that Roy remembered that then that a rando thought it was a rule based on nothing.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

Because wanting basket weavers destroyed as a concept is the same as wanting them to die as people... Um yeah. No.

So stuff I was doing:

Spamming.
Counterattacking a specific poster over and over.

And stuff he was doing:

Spamming.
Counterattacking a specific poster over and over.

Difference is one guy says every time this will stop as soon as the other guy stops, and the other guy just keeps going unconditionally.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

That awkward feeling of having to wait for the moderation to clean the thread so that actual constructive discussion can resume.
@ @ Nockermensch
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

nockermensch wrote:That awkward feeling of having to wait for the moderation to clean the thread so that actual constructive discussion can resume.
I wasn't aware there was constructive discussion. Are you offering? If so I'll remove the spam myself. If virgil makes another shit post again like that all bets are off though.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

You're not aware of other people's opinions, which is a pre-requisite to be aware of their discussions. Just like you're also not aware of the pre-requisites to demand or even request concessions from people outside your cult. (PROTIP: it's something called "not getting everybody else mad at you")

@ @ Nockermensch
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

You want to join Virgil? Really?

Go ahead, derp again.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

nockermensch wrote:You're not aware of other people's opinions, which is a pre-requisite to be aware of their discussions. Just like you're also not aware of the pre-requisites to demand or even request concessions from people outside your cult. (PROTIP: it's something called "not getting everybody else mad at you")
I think this is for you.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Spoiler boxes for space, since this page is still full of GC's gift baskets, because he's as generous with gifts as he is in the bedroom ;)
Mr. GC wrote:
nockermensch wrote:That awkward feeling of having to wait for the moderation to clean the thread so that actual constructive discussion can resume.
I wasn't aware there was constructive discussionfree candy. Are you offering?
Be careful with too much candy, because there are health risks to consider, and I would hate to see anything bad to my snookums
Picking up where we left off...
Mr. GC wrote:
name_here wrote:Well, he's talking about how a 20' radius fireball expands 10' in any direction. So basically he apparently does not know what that word means.
Again with the reading comprehension fail.

What I actually said was that it explodes 10 feet down the stairs, and then expands 10 feet beyond the stairs. What's 10 + 10? I know, math is hard, so I'll just tell you. It's 20!
In case people have forgotten that thread, here's a reminder (ignore the blue line).
As you can see, there is no place inside that tower where you can shoot a fireball 10' down the stairs AND be more than 10' away from the stairs. To top it off, he still thinks those stairs are in the shape of a U and that the way lines work in D&D don't allow more than two squares to be covered; and he outright stated that 15'<20' as an obvious counter to fireball.

ADDENDUM: I love how posts are added while I work on my last one, slowed down because of OOOH SHINY!!
Last edited by virgil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

virgil wrote:herp derp
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

I was actually going to spoiler tag this, since he spoiler tagged his but that breaks the whole post, so you get to deal with this shit again anyways.

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Spam images deleted.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by Mr. GC on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Never stop, GC. Never stop.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Err, you're confusing radius and circumference. 20' radius is 40' accross.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Mr. GC
Master

Post by Mr. GC »

So anyways, before Virgil's fail fest, and nocher latching onto his nuts I believe I had just pointed out K's hilarious post in which he seriously claims that if you fight an Orc with a weapon, and it kills you you should get a free immediate raise and also the Orc should have weak weapons... wait, no weapons! Wait, the evil marauder shouldn't even attack you, it should just take your weapon instead!