Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

hmm let's just give it a simple try without quotes and all that shiite.

Code: Select all

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)[/url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)] the boys [/url]
better work. it did. so no punching Holes (not my stupid "wholes" (what the fvck was that?))
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Data Vampire
Master

Post by Data Vampire »

I'm not entirely sure, by I think using the whisper mode may have an unfortunate side effect on the following post I made.

http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=110751#110751

One way or another my post appears to be moved to the extreme right when I view it.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

It's Titanium Dragon's fourth quote tag - it's misspelled. It's causing the thread to go all wonky. I've reported it and PMed TD.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Data Vampire wrote: One way or another my post appears to be moved to the extreme right when I view it.
Your post became highly conservative?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Whisper doesn't seem to work.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
NoDot
Master

Post by NoDot »

I can't view the forum right now. It keeps saying this:
General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

I assume it has to do with the downtime...

(Got to the thread via Google Cashe.)
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Should be fixed. We had a little trouble on the ISP's end, but everything should be resolved now.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
NoDot
Master

Post by NoDot »

And it was fine until a moment ago...

[edit] Back to normal...
Last edited by NoDot on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

NoDot's problem keeps happening for me too.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Yep, I've raised the issue with the network folks. It was down most of the day. You have my apologies, and I'll continue to work to track down the issue.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I got it today, too!

But mostly before I just 'no response from server'.

-Crissa
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

The "Go to newest unread post" link thing near the threads almost never seems to actually go to the right post. Am I doing something wrong?
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

No.

It nearly never works.

-Crissa
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

It always seems to work for me (one exception is when the page is image heavy). Note that in order to reset the parameters I have to close all of my IE windows.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

tzor wrote:It always seems to work for me (one exception is when the page is image heavy). Note that in order to reset the parameters I have to close all of my IE windows.
I think if you were to log out of the Den and log back in it would also work.

The problem is that it relies on your browser's cookies to determine when you "last visited" the site, and then takes you to the first post that's new since then.

This is one of the reasons I've been poking around -- a little bit -- about upgrading to phpBB v3. That project's not on the radar yet, though.
You can't fix stupid.

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Even when I log out it doesn't reset for me. Though I do lose track of which threads I've read.

I'm confused as to how it knows which threads I've read, yet takes me to the wrong post.

-Crissa
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Crissa wrote:No.

It nearly never works.

-Crissa
The newest post thing DOES work, but phpBB is funky.

They created the thing and vBulletin went broad with it.

phpBB, uses the feature, but you have to do 2 things to get newer new posts for this version.

-Log out and then log back in when you visit the board later. This clears your session cookie to enable the board to know which is the newest post since you last were active.

-Close your browser, which will clear your section cookie so when you return you are still logged in, but the new session cookie checks for posts newer than when you last were active on the forum.

phpBB keeps you active for 5-15 minutes after you log in depending on the settings of each forum. This timer runs after you have stopped doing things. each click keeps your timer to restart and when you stop clicking links on the forum, then it countdown to make you inactive, so those @15 minutes of newests posts may be missed when you return.

In case anybody cared to know how to actualy use phpBB read newest post feature for this version. :)
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yeah, but if it knows if I have or haven't seen posts...

...Why does it send me to a post I read weeks ago?

-Crissa
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Crissa wrote:Yeah, but if it knows if I have or haven't seen posts...

...Why does it send me to a post I read weeks ago?

-Crissa
Do you ever log out, or close your browser?

The newer phpBB uses another tracking method similar to the one vBulletin created when they stole phpBB ideas, so phpBB Group stole them back for phpBB3.

You also have to read the very last page in order to get them to show as read, IF you do not click the link at the top of the page that says make threads/forums read for each subforum, or the entire forum itself.

This version is outdated, but the few things it misses of the new "tech" makes for a MUCH cleaner and easier to read and operate forum.

If the FAQ that comes with it didn't suck so bad, all this stuff would be explained about in it. But they don't support 2.x.x anymore, so it is doubtful any older forums will see a proper FAQ update unless you are updating to phpBB3. :(

Just remember to click the mark threads read link in each forum, and close your browser or log out every once in a while and it will update properly and stop showing weeks old post you have already read as new.

I was working on a hack for it when I was told they were working on 3, and didn't want any hacks for it for 2 since 3 would just have it built-in. :(
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

It works fine for me if I close my browser (Opera) when I'm finished. I don't have to log out/in to make it work.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Opera is a bit more of a stickler for expiring cookies than Safari.

No, I pretty much never close my browser, but it doesn't seem to help.

-Crissa
Zmhamster
NPC

Post by Zmhamster »

Here's an easy one.

Check out the number of posts I've made. And I only joined today.
One does not cast wish in my campaign without a lawyer present.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Is there like, some sort of memory error in the server? O-o This is all like stuff a bad sector on a stripe or bit in memory... Or a virus if this were a pre-Pentium PC ^-^;

-Crissa
Falgund
Journeyman

Post by Falgund »

Page 7 of this thread says:
No posts exist for this topic

[edit]And now that I've posted this, it has ...
Last edited by Falgund on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That's just a timing error. It tried to send you to page 7 before the thread that was making page seven completed and updated the cache saying there was a page seven.

That happens when the programmer assumes different processes will happen in the right order, which for client-server apps is just bad programming.

But it is beyond what we should expect to be fixed here.

-Crissa