Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Could not connect to smtp host : 111 : Connection refused
either something is wrong with email notifications, or the SMTP is not working sometimes or something.

makes it look like a post did not post form posting.php and causing some double/triple posts.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That message happens on Reporting or Previewing, the latter I was somewhat confused at.

-Crissa
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I made a post yesterday, and noticed that it triple posted for me. I don't remember having any issues at the time of that post, either. Typically, if I get an error during a post, I go back to the thread and refresh to make sure that it really didn't post before trying again.

So I'm at a loss for how my post got posted three times.

Zmhamster wrote:Here's an easy one.

Check out the number of posts I've made. And I only joined today.
My guess is it's some form of integer wrap around. Perhaps a bug when something was deleted (or the system thought it was deleted).
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

TGDMB is starting to also tell me threads have new content in them... Because I posted in them.

o-o

-Crissa
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I just got told I posted too fast.

...But it succeeded in posting, and I hadn't posted twice in succession (it'd been at least twenty minutes).

-Crissa
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

Every time I post, I get this message:

Could not connect to smtp host : 111 : Connection refused

My posting goes up normally, but the message is clearly some sort of bug, so, duly reported.

Edit: not every time, but often.
Last edited by Doom on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

It was mentioned elsewhere (I don't remember which thread): that bug happens if someone has subscribed to the thread.

You're right in that your post is unaffected. I'm not sure what else is happening behind the scenes (like, whether or not the subscriber is notified).
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Subscribers are not notified. That's the essence of the problem -- the forum tries to send them an e-mail and can't.

Getting this resolved is extremely high on my priority list, as it affects all e-mail on the forum (PM notification, lost passwords, reported threads, etc) and not just subscription notifications.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

So the lack of emailing people apparently extends to confirmation emails. Are new users completely locked out, or can they just post without getting a confirmation email?

-Username17
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It used to just whine about not emailing, but eventually emailed... Are you saying emails aren't getting out?

-Crissa
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Crissa wrote:It used to just whine about not emailing, but eventually emailed... Are you saying emails aren't getting out?

-Crissa
That is exactly what I'm saying. The Error message you get when you post on any thread which anyone has futilely attempted to subscribe to is the board failing to send an email. The board can't send emails. Not if you send a PM, not if you post to a subscribed thread, not if you register.

So the question is: can the registered people who didn't ever, and will never get a confirmation email post or not?

-Username17
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Doesn't seem to be the case. The newest registered user registered yesterday.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

schpeelah wrote:Doesn't seem to be the case. The newest registered user registered yesterday.
Yeah, but they have no posts, leading me to question whether they can log in or not.

-Username17
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, I don't get email notifications for anything, so I don't know if they work. fbmf et all would know, they get email notifications.

Email re-tries, unlike http, so even if we see an error doesn't mean email doesn't eventually get out.

-Crissa
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I have not been getting email notifications about reported posts.

Game On,
fbmf
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

e-mail is broken, yes. I'm aware of it. I'm working on it. In the meantime, I can manually activate accounts -- send me an e-mail (zherog at yahoo dot com) with the account name and I'll take care of the manual activation.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

If you close an italics inside a url that you did not open in the url, [url=http://?]the font [/i]will be messed up.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Why would you close an italics tag that doesn't have an opening tag? And why would not close the URL tag?

the font will be messed up.

I mean, I understand what you're saying -- not closing tags properly fucks up formatting. But we already knew that, because of the fun we frequently have with the quote tag.
You can't fix stupid.

hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Can someone replace the words "Please accept our apologies for the recent spat of downtime experienced here" with "Please accept our apologies for the recent spate of downtime experienced here" (or just delete the apology altogether)?

It's been irritating me for a while now... :tongue:
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I've been meaning to take it down and replace it with a message about the e-mail trouble. I'll get it today.
You can't fix stupid.

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It was an accident. I rather expected nothing to happen to unmatched tags, not weird things. I didn't say it was a show stopper, it was just weird.

-Crissa
JongWK
1st Level

Post by JongWK »

Test post...

(Thank you, Zherog!)
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

No sweat. Again, my apologies for the difficulties with the e-mail system.
You can't fix stupid.

Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

When trying to look at the 8th page of this thread it comes up with "No posts exist for this topic". Whether it is trying from page 7 to go to Next, or directly to page 8 it comes up with the same message and no posts.

(This was when the last post was number 175 by Zherog, which seems to have disappeared since there should be another post before mine on this page)
Last edited by Parthenon on Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Parthenon: that usually seems to happen if a ghost post is made or if a post is deleted but the system doesn't fully register this.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.